LinkBox88

Feb 22, 2020
This one just wasn't for me.

The description says you'll have lovers of every kind but the ratio so far tilts heavily towards girls of the bratty variety (my least favorite type). The girl in the park, your sister and your mom's boss all fall in this category. If it was just on the surface or more subtle it would be one thing, but they are so over the top about it.

I tend to think that for these kind of characters, it's important that the writer provides us with information that allows us to still consider them likeable: such as having other admirable traits(examples: passion about something, strong sense of justice, good student, good friend) or explaining the behavior in such a way that it redeems the character (examle: Brattiness is masking low-self esteem or covering up embarassement or even being in denial about a crush). To the writer's credit, the MC does suggest that the lack of a father figure might be behind the sister's attitude (but you could confirm the MC's theory by showing us flashes of her underlying grief or anger). That's the magic behind a good tsundere character. They have to be both hard and soft, hot and cold. You have to show us their inner struggle.

4.30 star(s) 6 Votes