VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 6] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 106 Votes

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Guys, are we really talking skin tones? All pussys are pink.
Anyone that feigns not having a preference is lying. Some have stronger preferences than others, but everyone has an image that includes skin, hair, eyes, bust, ass, etc., that is "perfect" for them. There's nothing wrong with having a preference - just don't be a bigoted dick about whatever type/tone isn't at the top of your list.

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
Anyone that feigns not having a preference is lying. Some have stronger preferences than others, but everyone has an image that includes skin, hair, eyes, bust, ass, etc., that is "perfect" for them. There's nothing wrong with having a preference - just don't be a bigoted dick about whatever type/tone isn't at the top of your list.
You're not wrong regarding preferences. However, the skin tone might be very well not included in those preferences for an individual.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
You're not wrong regarding preferences. However, the skin tone might be very well not included in those preferences for an individual.
If it wasn't, then the world would already look much more homogeneous. Folks that think it's racist to prefer someone that looks a little more like yourself are either lying or being poseurs that think they'll score points by saying they're "colorblind". This is pretty much across the board - though it only seems to be folks of European descent that get called racist for preferring a mate of a similar shade.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I don't care about skin tones even if irl I'm usually more attracted to people from my own ethnicity. Kana is one of the best characters in the game.
1st Elspeth
2nd Kana
3rd the jailbaits
4th The lawyer
10th Roadkill skunk hairstyle

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
There is nothing wrong or racist with being attracted to a certain skin color. I prefer darker women than myself, doesn't make me a racist towards white people. The dick wants what the dick wants.

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
There is nothing wrong or racist with being attracted to a certain skin color. I prefer darker women than myself, doesn't make me a racist towards white people. The dick wants what the dick wants.
I dunno where you read this. I'm just saying, that some people might not have the skin color as a parameter of their preferences..

maroek

Jan 18, 2018
Mate, are you telling me that I can like anything, but skin colour? So I may very well like red hair, which I adore, but I can't say one of the main reasons why I like red heads? How many different kinds of American do you need to be to be this irrational?

maroek

Jan 18, 2018
some people might not have the skin color as a parameter of their preferences
And somehow, those are the same people who accuse those who have, as racist.

FYI, I am not talking about blacks, or whatnot. I just like fair skin. That doesn't mean I hate every woman who has darker complexion.

I am certain that I can have my beauty preferences without however I like them, without being accused of racism.

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
Because that snowflake accused me of being racist just because I like fair skinned women.
Please try to give them the benefit of the doubt as well, just like they should have done with you in the first place. The accusatory post was deleted – by the person who posted it I assume, or an admin could have removed it I guess – once it was suggested that there shouldn't be anything of significance in your comment to deserve such a pejorative label. So it could have just been a simple product of the difficulty inherent in online communication and the ease at which we misjudge intent in this medium, and as such they don't deserve a pejorative label like "snowflake" placed on them in return either. People can simply read too much into things, and they should be allowed to later change their minds once presented with an alternate, reasonable interpretation of a person's statement.

This discussion really is off-topic for this thread though, so it would be a good idea to just leave it at that and move on I think.

Mar 2, 2022

No screen or anything exciting today. Making this quick and efficient as possible.
All primary posing has been finished, about 4000 total. That doesn't mean that's the final number that will be in the update, as always some things may be removed, or supplementary work may be required but that's ballpark. 3506 off those are rendered.
As mentioned last week I have all my systems rendering now, but the scene is heavy from a render perspective and each one is taking around 3 hours per.
Now that posing is finished on the stills I've moved to the second batch of animations as my primary daily focus. That's going decently enough I expect I'll finish the current character I'm working with by Sunday evening. That'll leave me with two more characters to finish up.
So no exact date, but I'm going to give you a ballpark estimate, or at least something so you can manage your pledges and expectations. At current rate of render processing along with past experiences with testing and fixes I'd expect that late April is probably most likely for release. Depending on how much needs to be fixed ect, it could bleed into early May, but I'll be sure to inform you before that so you're aware. Was really hoping for 6-7 month cycle this time, but at the very least it won't be as bad as last cycle so small victories.
That's it for today. As always thank you so much for the support, I hope you have a lovely weekend.
Sláinte!

4.70 star(s) 106 Votes