VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
Immersion is a shit here. It took me a lot of time to figure out what is actually happening, who am I, who are all those people I suppose to know (tbh I still don't know more than I do). In the introduction I set name of my best male friend(?) from the past, the second one is female and her name cannot be changed. The time until I met the first one I already met dozens of others and it does not seem I have any special relation with him (and never met the female one, just mentioned once) so I don't get the purpose here. There is some kind of Center where MC helps, his friends work there, this is all somehow related with ex-militaries but what, who, why, where it is all big unknown. How am I supposed to make decisions if MC knows those people for years and I have no idea who are they? MC was military but he is also some kind of playboy-celebrity, why is he even MMA trainer? He went to military just after school so when he get all the knowledge of fighting? Not much sense to me, so much questions, so little answers.
Well, this game is sort of a sequel. Lots of the characters from his past are explained a bit in the first game.
Mr. knight was the MC in the first game and so was Chris and his girlfriend depends on the first game's ending.
Apart from that, the game plays a bit like a mystery novel and lots of the history of the characters reviled as the game goes, some still a mystery tho and will probably will be known in the next chapters.
The secrecy thing as far as I know impacts on your interactions with Els, how much she is willing to share with you about her family and past and so on.
Anyway, I played this game before the first one and it wasn't that hard to understand anyway in my opinion, maybe the mix of British/American and Scottish English made you a little confused?

KittiesDeluxe

Nov 12, 2021
Completely unrelated question, does STWA have a discord server? Is it a patreon only thing? This is one of my favorite AVN's. So I want to get involved with the community. I tried searching the thread, but couldn't find a reliable discord link. If one of you lovely individuals could provide that for me (if it isn't patreon exclusive), you would be making an internet stranger very happy. :3

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Oh, so The Author is like first part? I will take a look at that then.

I get little mystery and relieving some parts of character is part of the history but still knowing who am I even interacting with and what am I doing there would be handful from the start. MC already knows them all for years, how do I know if it is ok to have sex with this or another one girl.

Like I have no idea why Els secrecy and trust are like opposite to each other? What Ines protect points even mean? She doesn't seem in need of any protection. Vi grief and acceptance is also confusing, both seems good right? McNab rival points? This mean bad? Or good? This all seems a bit confusing and since it is a game, and I have only 2 or 3 options in the whole dialogue once in few minutes it would be nice to clarify it.
There's 4 friends who know each other from their youth... The Author features 2 of them, the male MC and a female friend that can be a LI. The Unbroken features the 2 other friends, the MC and another male friend. Some of them appear shortly in the other story but it's more like 2 separate stories with a connection...

Els secrecy : she will be more likely to keep things from you. Els trust : she will trust you more...
Inez protect : her desire to protect Vi from you... (most likely will result in being more aggressive to you romantically)
Vi grief : more grief means more effected by mourning (sad) Vi acceptance : more acceptation of her loss... (happy)
McNab rival : if too high it's likely he will work against you, maybe in the ring, maybe with one or more LI(s)...

We don't know what they exactly will do, it's just a guess (some hints in story though) but you only see those values with a mod, so don't worry too much, just play and pick the choices you feel good about...

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
Oh, so The Author is like first part? I will take a look at that then.

I get little mystery and relieving some parts of character is part of the history but still knowing who am I even interacting with and what am I doing there would be handful from the start. MC already knows them all for years, how do I know if it is ok to have sex with this or another one girl.

Like I have no idea why Els secrecy and trust are like opposite to each other? What Ines protect points even mean? She doesn't seem in need of any protection. Vi grief and acceptance is also confusing, both seems good right? McNab rival points? This mean bad? Or good? This all seems a bit confusing and since it is a game, and I have only 2 or 3 options in the whole dialogue once in few minutes it would be nice to clarify it.
They are loosely connected, not like a real prequel/sequel, more like they are in the same world and meant to compliment each other, except for the first part, where you choose Mr. Knight's history.

The thing about the points, you as a player are not supposed to know about it, you are just ruining your game for yourself.
The secrecy/trust points are obviously influencing your interaction with her, if you got more secrecy them trust you get different dialogs and results sometimes.
The Ines protect points somehow connected to VI but it's unclear how at this point. She will probably will try to cock block the MC if they are high.

And with McNab it again, reflects on their friendship, if rivalry is higher than trust points it will lead to different things in the future.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
First of all, had no idea about that. Second of all, even knowing that I still cannot see any hints suggesting me to play "first part", cannot even find name of it. As I said, lack of knowledge what is going on and emotionless MC are the two big meh for me and I will happily reconsider my rating if something will change with that.
BTW the game drops a huge hint about that LOL
1674069979010.png

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
Probably will make another attempt soon then, thanks for responds.
I might be biased about this game because it relates to my personal experience with being an ex-military guy and dealing with PTSD for a better part of a decade, but this game is awesome, try to give it another try.

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
don't remember so possibly not told but check bio.
The game is being vague about that, but it looks like she was assaulted when she was young and the MC tried to prevent it and partially fail because he blames himself not keeping his promise of always protecting her. Tho Vi mentioned that he bled for her so I guess she doesn't blame him for this failure.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
MC was military but he is also some kind of playboy-celebrity, why is he even MMA trainer? He went to military just after school so when he get all the knowledge of fighting?
Although a few posters have answered a lot of your concerns, I just have to respond to this.

The MC wasn't just a common infantryman, he was part of a Special Forces-like unit, skilled in all kinds of fighting including hand-to-hand. After leaving the military, he turned to fighting as a profession, utilizing skills he had learned in the military. He was also aided in this effort by his good friend, McNab, who is also an MMA fighter. It is only natural that the MC would also eventually take on training responsibilities.

As for the MC being a 'playboy-celebrity', that is part of his reaction to what happened to him in the military. He is obviously suffering from guilt and some PTSD. The playboy bit has been his coping mechanism. It's a facade he uses to hide his true self from the outside world. This game is really about his recovery from whatever happened to him during his military days, as he gradually allows other people to see him as he really is.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
The game is being vague about that, but it looks like she was assaulted when she was young and the MC tried to prevent it and partially fail because he blames himself not keeping his promise of always protecting her. Tho Vi mentioned that he bled for her so I guess she doesn't blame him for this failure.
thank god that game has flashbacks. :p

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
The latest progress report from the developer at Patreon:

Check In 01/18/2023

What's cookin, good lookin?

As hoped for last week the early update work is essentially complete, anything I'm forgetting will be dealt with later, but for now it's in the rear view.

Moving on to writing now, and all the excitement that entails. The weather here at the moment is actually perfect for writing. They're projecting 12-16 inches of snow so curling up by the fire with my laptop and watching the snow fall as I type sounds lovely. I'll let you know if it helps me go any faster.

Writing will be my primary focus for at least the next week or so. I usually don't like starting renders and posing until I have about 10,000 or so words scripted out, that gives me a good starting base to knock out some poses. Hitting that goal usually takes around a week-ish or so. I'd guess I'll start posing by next Friday, just depends on how things go.

Not much else of immediate concern at the moment, so I'll be getting back to work. A reminder to those who haven't seen or forgot our Blue Belt and higher reward this week will be an art stream on Discord, Sunday at 12pm Mountain time, 19:00 GMT. Since I won't have started update poses it'll be a bit more of a relaxed stream, I'll probably work on a custom or a little something else, depending. If you usually avoid the streams for fear of spoilers this one will be more up your alley, so come on by.

Support has continued to be absolutely amazing, it seems like I just hit 500 a few weeks ago and we're already knocking at 600's door. I say it every week it seems but I truly can't express how much it means to me, and will do my best to keep earning the creative faith you put in me.

I hope you have a lovely and safe rest of your week!

Sláinte!

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
Although a few posters have answered a lot of your concerns, I just have to respond to this.

The MC wasn't just a common infantryman, he was part of a Special Forces-like unit, skilled in all kinds of fighting including hand-to-hand. After leaving the military, he turned to fighting as a profession, utilizing skills he had learned in the military. He was also aided in this effort by his good friend, McNab, who is also an MMA fighter. It is only natural that the MC would also eventually take on training responsibilities.

As for the MC being a 'playboy-celebrity', that is part of his reaction to what happened to him in the military. He is obviously suffering from guilt and some PTSD. The playboy bit has been his coping mechanism. It's a facade he uses to hide his true self from the outside world. This game is really about his recovery from whatever happened to him during his military days, as he gradually allows other people to see him as he really is.
And, it was mentioned several times him and Davis were into fighting since they were little and they studied jujitsu together and stuff.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
That pool scene was great.

And yeah, I noticed something was off about the scenes in chapter 5. I don't remember if they were as well as previous chapters, but the last ones really stood out to me. The flow was weird, the models were weird, the MC basically turned into a different person in animated scenes. I don't know what happened.
I went back and replayed several earlier scenes and they were much better put together and paced.

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes