3.50 star(s) 103 Votes

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Going off topic, but last I check Zion's patreon, he had 648 patreon's now he has around 721. Gotta hand it to ya Zion of Olympus You are still going strong.
Hopefully even stronger next year, when releases become even quicker and more frequent!
Thank you for the support guys! It means the world to me!

Zeyla

Mar 1, 2018
Hopefully even stronger next year, when releases become even quicker and more frequent!
Thank you for the support guys! It means the world to me!
Hey Zion, I wanna say your game is awesome, being a degenerate I played a lot, and I mean A LOT of sex games so much so that I dried up F95zone,and most games that interest me on Dlsite, so now I can only wait for new games and updates to release which is a bit annoying xD, anyways. Your game might not be one of the BEST, but it certainly is top tier, design is amazing, story so far is quite nice, there is even animation, if this is your first game, it truly is amazing, can only get better from here. I just pledged to your patreon cause you seriously deserve it, keep up the great work, we all have great expectations from you and your team :)

Quick question too, took a look at the map, there seem to be more shallow waters, are you gonna add a ship at some point? (one you can control) like in Monster Girl Quest Paradox?

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Hey Zion, I wanna say your game is awesome, being a degenerate I played a lot, and I mean A LOT of sex games so much so that I dried up F95zone,and most games that interest me on Dlsite, so now I can only wait for new games and updates to release which is a bit annoying xD, anyways. Your game might not be one of the BEST, but it certainly is top tier, design is amazing, story so far is quite nice, there is even animation, if this is your first game, it truly is amazing, can only get better from here. I just pledged to your patreon cause you seriously deserve it, keep up the great work, we all have great expectations from you and your team :)

Quick question too, took a look at the map, there seem to be more shallow waters, are you gonna add a ship at some point? (one you can control) like in Monster Girl Quest Paradox?
Thank you!!! I hope you enjoy the demo for chapter 3! ("Demo" because the artist had an injury and we couldn't complete the chapter for now, but he'll soon be back!)

About your question: Depends. This game is very linear, because it's serving to present the world to you.
I think the second game will be close to it, but in a different way.
The third game will be more focused on exploration, however.
So, I always adapt to what I want to take it from the game.
I like to explore one region per time, and delve deep in the the Lore and world development of said region, like Elder Scrolls does. Not the entire world at once.

BigTombolo

Feb 20, 2020
it's been like 10 months to the last big update, in august we had some refining stuff like one new pic for every succubus, the recollection room, one new quest (the witch one) and dialogue icons remake for every important character. I really hope the update will not be a "demo" with 2 things and a new map otherwise it's like scamming.
I'm making more maps and character developing in my dungeons and dragons campaing just working 2 hours a week on it, lmao

Oct 24, 2018
Don't want to delve too much on this like last time but if you truly feel you're being scammed, then just don't give money on Patreon, it's that easy. Everyone else who doesn't feel like they're being scammed can decide on their own, whether they want to support on Patreon or not.

On a more serious answer, the update that will release in a few days will not be a completed chapter 3, since the artist (Kainkout) hurt his hand. We can expect a completed chapter 3 once he recovers. As far as I have heard, chapter 3 will be quite big, so good for us, but don't expect it to be "10 months worth of work". Even if the update on August was for refining stuff, I imagine it was still a lot of effort and time spent to rework and refine the prologue, chapter 1 and chapter 2.

ZAAWARUDOO

Oct 19, 2017
Don't want to delve too much on this like last time but if you truly feel you're being scammed, then just don't give money on Patreon, it's that easy. Everyone else who doesn't feel like they're being scammed can decide on their own, whether they want to support on Patreon or not.

On a more serious answer, the update that will release in a few days will not be a completed chapter 3, since the artist (Kainkout) hurt his hand. We can expect a completed chapter 3 once he recovers. As far as I have heard, chapter 3 will be quite big, so good for us, but don't expect it to be "10 months worth of work". Even if the update on August was for refining stuff, I imagine it was still a lot of effort and time spent to rework and refine the prologue, chapter 1 and chapter 2.

I think it is valid for people to voice their grievances for the very long development times / release schedule. The reason for this being that it's usually because they're disappointed because they want to contribute more for a game they love & has great potential but lack of content on an even semi regular basis hurts and is holding them back from doing so. If it was a throwaway game, people would be much more ready to move on and cancel patreon subs before even mentioning their unhappiness.

I think it is good to hold the creators to account and remind them of what you would like to have in terms of expectations, whether that's related to content suggestions or release schedules (as long as they are healthy, within reason, and done respectfully). That's the trade off with money for goods, plus feedback that is constructive is gold dust, just think of the amount of customer feedback emails & review prompts you get in your emails from companies you shop with.

IMO this isn't a case of 'regular game development' where you pay for a finished product, it's one where we have to opportunity to give input while the project is building and be early adopters at an exciting stage. I think it's a good thing for people to be impatient for your releases, it shows you have something good on your hands. And if anything I think people have actually been patient considering what has been released & when etc.

All in all...It's much better that people come here (or on discord or on patreon) voicing "When is it out?" "Could things be improved to make releases faster, somehow? I love the game!" than nobody checking in to find out when your content is dropping. People love this game, as do I. Would just like to see more than 2 releases of the thing per year, everyone wins that way with Zion & Kain getting a shit tonne more money if they manage the project better. That's just my two cents anyway.

Bacher

Dec 4, 2017
Zion have already said the ansers to the last 2-3 post here.. im also hyped for the game update and wish it was updates more often and i think Zion knows that we stand outside his home with pitchforks and demand a update and it was why he/she said "next year releases become even quicker and more frequent" :D #Suck-You-Bye-Lovers

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
it's been like 10 months to the last big update, in august we had some refining stuff like one new pic for every succubus, the recollection room, one new quest (the witch one) and dialogue icons remake for every important character. I really hope the update will not be a "demo" with 2 things and a new map otherwise it's like scamming.
I'm making more maps and character developing in my dungeons and dragons campaing just working 2 hours a week on it, lmao
I'm sorry you feel that way. I, too, think we were taking too long. I'm aware of that.
That's the reason why I had this serious talk with Kain. "Hey man, we need to speed things up, this is taking too long. I'll never finish the series this way."

Once he returns, fully recovered, you will see what I mean. My objective would be to be 2X faster, releasing one chapter every 3 months or so. What was done in 6 months will be done in 3, for example.

Hopefully we can live up for this objective once he returns. But I must find a way to speed things up. I can't take 6 months in between chapters. This can never happen again. 3 should be the objective. 4 if the chapter is too big, like the 5th chapter of a game.

Kild

Aug 18, 2019
I'm sorry you feel that way. I, too, think we were taking too long. I'm aware of that.
That's the reason why I had this serious talk with Kain. "Hey man, we need to speed things up, this is taking too long. I'll never finish the series this way."

Once he returns, fully recovered, you will see what I mean. My objective would be to be 2X faster, releasing one chapter every 3 months or so. What was done in 6 months will be done in 3, for example.

Hopefully we can live up for this objective once he returns. But I must find a way to speed things up. I can't take 6 months in between chapters. This can never happen again. 3 should be the objective. 4 if the chapter is too big, like the 5th chapter of a game.
Out of curiosity, will you try to bring other artists onto the project?

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Out of curiosity, will you try to bring other artists onto the project?
No, because Kain is my partner in this series, not just simply an artist. So the main series is something that we discuss everything together. From the succubi themselves to the symbols used on them and in factions of the story.
Not to mention that I like to keep the art consistent. I only work with one artist per game.
The short spinoffs will only have a single artist as well.

And the way I talked with him will allow me to speed things up and still have time to properly develop the game.
Let's say that I hire 2 more artists, as an example.
It doesn't matter if all the art is done in 1 month for that chapter, if I'm still developing the story and writing the scenes.

3 months is the perfect period of time to develop a chapter. Hopefully me and Kain will achieve that once he returns, God willing, fully recovered.

3.50 star(s) 103 Votes