3.80 star(s) 14 Votes

uneasy_speedy

Feb 22, 2021
Pirates is unbelievably broken, this is all on the first player turn and the only weakness of the deck is you can't activate cards if you draw too many because you can't see and click the activation button. If you add aqua guardian you can have unbelievable amounts of tanky hp too, Boy captain draw stacks and it's not once per turn despite what the card text reads. It's crazy fun
View attachment 3338665
idk how you play this deck. If you dont get boy captain out with a lucky food chain this does nothing on turn 1 and a couple of the enemies (the bunny girls and the barkeeper fairies) have cards which immediately stop your turn. It feels mega inconsistent.

zxcsgdhh

Sep 21, 2019
Just by the way to the people talking about the pirate captain deck, the boy captain was fixed on a later version (only triggers once per turn like it says it does), so the infinite combo is kind of just dead on newer versions, and without that I don't think the dedicated pirate deck is very viable (the pirate that draws a card when you discard it is still amazing, I just don't think the full fledged pirate deck using voyage etc. is very good).

I think pretty much any deck can make good use of the 3x pirate 3x captain package (the captain that discards a card to return 2 pirates from graveyard to hand, not the boy captain - of particular note, you discard the card before the effect triggers, so if you discard a pirate you'll get the pirate you just discarded back). The pirates draw a card regardless of what the source of discard was (ie. doesn't need to be water attribute, so you can use it with stuff like meteor or mirror shield too), or just 3x pirate without the captains is also good.. but I just don't think the rest of the deck generates enough value to justify building an entire deck around it. Poseidon strikes me very much as a "win more" kind of card - I think most of the games that poseidon can be played in and produce good value were games that you were already going to win without him anyway (as he requires you to both have 2 monsters in play to be sacrificed and also have a lot of cards in hand to be any good.. under those conditions you're usually already winning the game easily), and doesn't do a very good job of turning a game around so to speak.

On hard difficulty I found that it's just very difficult to keep monsters alive long enough to sacrifice them unless you're already winning, and on top of that, really strong monsters don't perform as well as you might think because of all the status effects - usually they just end up getting a status effect that prevents them from doing damage and then they kind of just soak up a few hits before dying (and because nearly everything inflicts vulnerability to something or other their increased HP usually only means they take 1 extra hit before dying too).. so I think in general there aren't many 5+ star monsters that are actually worth using, unless you're building a deck that's designed to counter 1 specific fight instead of being a general purpose deck.

Reactions: ccccccccccc

Huan Slp

Jan 15, 2018
If anyone wants to work on translating this game I'd be up to give them a hand. I don't know shit about unity development so I don't have the slightest clue on how to mess with the actual textlines but I am, however, pretty good at mass translating stuff

RobBob17

Mar 18, 2018
From extensive grinding against Eira, the most consistent decks I've found from the ones posted so far are the first ninja deck (the one with the demon slayer and necromancer) and the earth deck with the jiangshi.

paradoxluka

Mar 6, 2020
I am trying my hand of "translating" (Really heavily using Google and DeepL), and I am working through all the obtainable cards first.
I am working on the description page first then I'll go back and translate the names on the small card boxes.
However, I am missing some cards you get from the Arena.
If anyone has those cards I didn't translate, can you post a picture or the cards' ID number?

You should be able to copy and paste the file inside the zip at the end of the "_AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt" file, and it will overwrite all the cards I've done.

I have all but the cards from the last 2 packs, Luca's cards, and the missing Arena missables done.
I took some liberties on some of the text, like the card names, and tried (but failed) to maintain consistency for all the card text.
Also, let me know if I didn't type the card details correctly or something seems amiss.
I'm going to work on all the obtainable cards, so I appreciate if someone can let know what cards from the Arena I missed.

Last edited:

zxcsgdhh

Sep 21, 2019
From extensive grinding against Eira, the most consistent decks I've found from the ones posted so far are the first ninja deck (the one with the demon slayer and necromancer) and the earth deck with the jiangshi.

I'm not sure if the translation was different for some reason, but if you mean the A rank master with 26000 HP/2600 attack (mine translated it to Eilira), I've beaten her on hard mode with my stats capped at 6000/1000 with something like this (obviously, this deck is designed pretty much specifically for her - in general the deck makes no sense, but it's good at countering what she does). Pretty much my logic is that wind, spells, and higher level monsters suck against her (it wasn't translating for me, but it seemed like one of her permanent spells turns all spells into wind type and a lot of bad stuff happens when you use wind type, and she usually kills any monsters you play the turn you play them so you never get the chance to play the higher level stuff), but traps are fine, and higher level monsters are awkward because she usually kills whatever you play each turn, and abusing the trap that draws cards whenever wind effects happen (you don't need any wind effects because she'll trigger it for you). Mirror shield is also really strong against her because she'll be making a really high damage attack every turn, so I more or less designed a deck around those constraints.

I guess if you were grinding you could set it to very easy, in which case you can probably win with almost anything because you get insane stat buffs. Her AI also has a tendency to bug out when her field is full with spells/traps (she'll stop playing monsters I think because she wants to play a spell that summons the monster instead, but she can't play the spell because her field is full.. so she kind of just stops doing anything).

You can still randomly lose sometimes when she gets a good draw - I've had a start where I summoned 2 monsters, played 3 traps on turn 1, and then on her turn 1 she killed all 3 traps before attacking, both my monsters and brought me down to 0 HP all on the first turn before.. and I can't imagine that anything would be able to deal with that kind of nonsense.. but if you survive the initial onslaught you'll usually be able to win the battle of attrition.

password_123

May 8, 2019
If anyone wants to work on translating this game I'd be up to give them a hand. I don't know shit about unity development so I don't have the slightest clue on how to mess with the actual textlines but I am, however, pretty good at mass translating stuff
This is the that are working on the translation. this is the .

ccccccccccc

Nov 21, 2018
idk how you play this deck. If you dont get boy captain out with a lucky food chain this does nothing on turn 1 and a couple of the enemies (the bunny girls and the barkeeper fairies) have cards which immediately stop your turn. It feels mega inconsistent.
I tried that deck a bit and you can often get the boy captain out through a normal summon on turn 1. As long as he survives to t2 (you can set him to defense and use his ability to special summon bait) you're fine. However, if your draws are bad and you can't get him out by t2, then you probably lose.

I got him out t1 roughly 80% of the time.

nightmare054

Jan 1, 2018
hey, glad you like my ninja deck

RobBob17

Mar 18, 2018
obviously, this deck is designed pretty much specifically for her
The opposite of what I was looking for, any deck I get or make goes under trial by fire against her reminiscence. Fight a few times, see if it can win decently. Then fight more and more against some of the other harder foes. The weakness of all the other decks I tried out is that they aren't consistent enough against high pressure opponents. As an example, the equip deck is decent enough but the main weakness is if the opponent has tools for taking out your backrow, which leaves you high and dry. Also, that one card that increases her units' defense every time you play a spell super fucks you over but can be played around a bit.
hey, glad you like my ninja deck
It's good. Very consistent. It can even make a comeback even if you lowroll sometimes, as long as you don't get screwed over by those traps that return some of your hand to the deck when you use the spell that prevents counters and draws you a card.

Last edited:

zxcsgdhh

Sep 21, 2019
The opposite of what I was looking for, any deck I get or make goes under trial by fire against her reminiscence. Fight a few times, see if it can win decently. Then fight more and more against some of the other harder foes. The weakness of all the other decks I tried out is that they aren't consistent enough against high pressure opponents. As an example, the equip deck is decent enough but the main weakness is if the opponent has tools for taking out your backrow, which leaves you high and dry. Also, that one card that increases her units' defense every time you play a spell super fucks you over but can be played around a bit.

It's good. Very consistent. It can even make a comeback even if you lowroll sometimes, as long as you don't get screwed over by those traps that return some of your hand to the deck when you use the spell that prevents counters and draws you a card.
Eh.. while it's true that she's much stronger than other opponents, you'd get a very very warped view of the game by comparing everything to her, because of the nature of her deck. Her deck punishes specific strategies extremely harshly - if you're comparing stuff to her then you'd basically conclude that every wind card is garbage, almost every magic card is garbage etc..

It's especially weird if you're playing on anything other than hard difficulty (and I very much doubt you're beating her with any kind of consistency on hard without a deck tailored to beat her - she's ridiculously broken on hard difficulty), because in that case you'd probably get a much better grasp on the strengths/weaknesses of decks just by playing on hard difficulty against a wider range of opponents - the game is really an entirely different game on hard (it's not just +30% stats, their cards get some ridiculously OP effects too).

RobBob17

Mar 18, 2018
Eh.. while it's true that she's much stronger than other opponents, you'd get a very very warped view of the game by comparing everything to her, because of the nature of her deck. Her deck punishes specific strategies extremely harshly - if you're comparing stuff to her then you'd basically conclude that every wind card is garbage, almost every magic card is garbage etc..
Are you just ignoring how I specifically noted that equip decks do poorly against her because of the card that increases defence when you play a magic card? Do you think I'm somehow unable to figure out that bad matchups exist?
It's especially weird if you're playing on anything other than hard difficulty (and I very much doubt you're beating her with any kind of consistency on hard without a deck tailored to beat her - she's ridiculously broken on hard difficulty), because in that case you'd probably get a much better grasp on the strengths/weaknesses of decks just by playing on hard difficulty against a wider range of opponents - the game is really an entirely different game on hard (it's not just +30% stats, their cards get some ridiculously OP effects too).
That's where you're actually wrong. I'm going 40/60 against her on hard with the ninja deck and using a different earth deck, I'm now roughly 70/30 when I grind her down as long as she doesn't blow me out turn 1. I still have to try out how well a heal variant of the jiangshi deck does against her, but no I don't have to tailor a deck to fight her specifically.

ParoParo

Dec 16, 2019
I am trying my hand of "translating" (Really heavily using Google and DeepL), and I am working through all the obtainable cards first.
I am working on the description page first then I'll go back and translate the names on the small card boxes.
However, I am missing some cards you get from the Arena.
If anyone has those cards I didn't translate, can you post a picture or the cards' ID number?

You should be able to copy and paste the file inside the zip at the end of the "_AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt" file, and it will overwrite all the cards I've done.

I have all but the cards from the last 2 packs, Luca's cards, and the missing Arena missables done.
I took some liberties on some of the text, like the card names, and tried (but failed) to maintain consistency for all the card text.
Also, let me know if I didn't type the card details correctly or something seems amiss.
I'm going to work on all the obtainable cards, so I appreciate if someone can let know what cards from the Arena I missed.
So we just toss the txt file in the folder with the "_AutoGeneratedTranslations" ?

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
So we just toss the txt file in the folder with the "_AutoGeneratedTranslations" ?
Yup, it will work and automatically override translations for the Card names (possibly because the translation processes the files in alphabetical order).

3.80 star(s) 14 Votes