3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Jz

Dec 5, 2016
Isnt version .58 kinda far away tho? like we are only on .55 ... what will 56, 57 etc bring

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Public version finally came out

Succulence 2: 0.55.3 Release
Hello, here I am with the updated release version.
Disclaimer:
This update is not really a "two months worth of content" update, because I've spent most of January dealing with personal griefs and debating whether I should abandon this page.
In the end I couldn't bring myself to throw everything away - in part thanks to your support.
So I re-assembled the update and polished most of it, and here it is.
Link[0.55.3]:
Changelog:
- Holiday Special update with upgraded images(some images remained the same because there's no good way to upgrade them)
- Eve event
- Tonic Delivery event(multiple outcomes)
- Desire Shop photoshoot event
- Bath event
- Welcoming party event
- New wardrobe functions/bugfixes
- Phone selfies re-added
- Wallpaper button rework
- Contacts + Camera buttons functional
- Dream world menu added
- New outfits for Yuko and Mrs. Mollette
- Parts of character traits changed for various characters
- Changes to Lust Frenzy system(most of them are currently disabled, but it is a foundation for future improvements)
- Wall pictures in Serena's apartment completely reworked(requires testing on old save files): Extra picture spot + new picture added.
- Added indicators on the walls that show where a picture can be framed
- Small mini-quest for the choker added
- Changed active effect for Succubus title
Didn't make it:
- Last Holiday Special event: It was based around new partner mechanic that I've been trying out, but it still needs some work. Will be fleshed out in the next release.
- Holiday Tape: Didn't like how it turned out. Tapes are supposed to be wacky and silly, so I'll re-do it to be more like that. Will also be added in the next release.
And that's about it. It's been a horrible month, but here's what's weird - ever since last week my "drive" has suddenly returned and I've been hammering away at the update pretty much non-stop. Most of things that are finished in this update - were finished last week.
I don't know how long it will last, and it's not like I'm crazy productive right now - the work speed is still slow, but because I'm putting in more work hours, the progress is decent.
Next update will be scheduled at the end of this month, in 2-3 weeks. It will feature more Holiday Special updates, continuation of the prologue, Dream realm boss fight and fighting system CG upgrade.
The game size is also becoming a problem, so I'll have to spend some time optimizing the files too for the next update.
Thanks for reading this, and once again, thank you for the support.
Changes between 0.55.3 and 0.55.2:
- Fixed Selfie game crash
- Disabled mirror in Desire Shop in the special
- Changed Status Menu display slightly

So look like we can expect another update at the end of this month

• Haha
Reactions: Volontieur
Jan 7, 2022
I was waiting for this game to have enough content to start playing.

How much content is there? does she start having sex again? Are there any repeatable free roam H events?
Worth playing now or should I wait for a few more updates?

Jan 7, 2022
Public version finally came out

Succulence 2: 0.55.3 Release
Hello, here I am with the updated release version.
Disclaimer:
This update is not really a "two months worth of content" update, because I've spent most of January dealing with personal griefs and debating whether I should abandon this page.
In the end I couldn't bring myself to throw everything away - in part thanks to your support.
So I re-assembled the update and polished most of it, and here it is.
Link[0.55.3]: Download
Changelog:
- Holiday Special update with upgraded images(some images remained the same because there's no good way to upgrade them)
- Eve event
- Tonic Delivery event(multiple outcomes)
- Desire Shop photoshoot event
- Bath event
- Welcoming party event
- New wardrobe functions/bugfixes
- Phone selfies re-added
- Wallpaper button rework
- Contacts + Camera buttons functional
- Dream world menu added
- New outfits for Yuko and Mrs. Mollette
- Parts of character traits changed for various characters
- Changes to Lust Frenzy system(most of them are currently disabled, but it is a foundation for future improvements)
- Wall pictures in Serena's apartment completely reworked(requires testing on old save files): Extra picture spot + new picture added.
- Added indicators on the walls that show where a picture can be framed
- Small mini-quest for the choker added
- Changed active effect for Succubus title
Didn't make it:
- Last Holiday Special event: It was based around new partner mechanic that I've been trying out, but it still needs some work. Will be fleshed out in the next release.
- Holiday Tape: Didn't like how it turned out. Tapes are supposed to be wacky and silly, so I'll re-do it to be more like that. Will also be added in the next release.
And that's about it. It's been a horrible month, but here's what's weird - ever since last week my "drive" has suddenly returned and I've been hammering away at the update pretty much non-stop. Most of things that are finished in this update - were finished last week.
I don't know how long it will last, and it's not like I'm crazy productive right now - the work speed is still slow, but because I'm putting in more work hours, the progress is decent.
Next update will be scheduled at the end of this month, in 2-3 weeks. It will feature more Holiday Special updates, continuation of the prologue, Dream realm boss fight and fighting system CG upgrade.
The game size is also becoming a problem, so I'll have to spend some time optimizing the files too for the next update.
Thanks for reading this, and once again, thank you for the support.
Changes between 0.55.3 and 0.55.2:
- Fixed Selfie game crash
- Disabled mirror in Desire Shop in the special
- Changed Status Menu display slightly

So look like we can expect another update at the end of this month
getting vibes that this game might be abandoned by dev before its completed. Anyone knows whats wrong with dev?

Reactions: Volontieur

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
getting vibes that this game might be abandoned by dev before its completed. Anyone knows whats wrong with dev?
He got some real life problem like have one of his relative hospitalized in critical condition thus don't have time to develop the game, and before that he's decided to rework the game because it wasn't live up to his expectation thus the 2 updates so far have so little content

theraphosa

Sep 10, 2020
He got some real life problem like have one of his relative hospitalized in critical condition
Since 2 1/2 years the Dev has every week another real life problem. He was ill, has food poisoning, accident, Corona. Relatives was ill, food poisened, accident, Corona. He fight in War he died ,he came back,relatives died and came back and.and.and.
Every week a new absurd excuse. In the first year he worked slowly but he worked on the Game. For more than a year the Content becomes less instead of more. Only the excuses and Bugs get more. But as long as the patreons pay, the plan works fine for him.
The v0.1 had more content than the v0.55, much more.

lolimonster

Jul 31, 2017
Since 2 1/2 years the Dev has every week another real life problem. He was ill, has food poisoning, accident, Corona. Relatives was ill, food poisened, accident, Corona. He fight in War he died ,he came back,relatives died and came back and.and.and.
Every week a new absurd excuse. In the first year he worked slowly but he worked on the Game. For more than a year the Content becomes less instead of more. Only the excuses and Bugs get more. But as long as the patreons pay, the plan works fine for him.
The v0.1 had more content than the v0.55, much more.
Well. When you PATRONE some you take risk of him/her failing to do a task.
At least he has something to show he was working on it.
There are so many projects getting sponsored by tens of thousands with "free water/fuel/ energy from air" in title ...

poplarchan

Apr 28, 2017
So I'm playing the remake now? That changelog lies aparently, no content other than the prologue for me. =S

Right after the intro party and going to bed the note "This is where the prologue progress is stopped until next update"

Where the changelog content then. Need to change that ASAP to avoid confusion.

lkaze

Jun 16, 2017
Dev already did a very great job on succulence 1, so he is not half heart guy. RL problem must be really bad for him to consider to abandon. Please at least give him credit for trying to complete what he started

nuqqur

May 8, 2018
They should really have reset the version numbering as well, though to be honest some bits of the remake are pretty decent no longer having to do that photo shoot mini game for the casual outfit is nice, it was easy to do but pretty tedious, some of the other things in game seem to run smoother and cleaner as well.
Resetting is about the worst thing you can possibly do. There are many debates surrounding how to version things, but in my opinion, two things should always apply:
  • Higher number is newer. Not necessarily more content or features though, it's for example common in software that some 3.12 version has more features than a 4.0, since it's possibly made from scratch.
  • Each version is unique, never two releases with the same version number
The rest is up to the developer. There is no need to follow semantic versioning, as that is really only suitable for certain types of projects, and there's not actually that much software out there that follows it. It's just one possible versioning system, not a rule for versioning in general. There should also be no expectation that version 1.0 means final - it may just mean it's a meaningful checkpoint in the progress. There may still be 1.14, 2.0, 7.7, etc after it.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Resetting is about the worst thing you can possibly do. There are many debates surrounding how to version things, but in my opinion, two things should always apply:
  • Higher number is newer. Not necessarily more content or features though, it's for example common in software that some 3.12 version has more features than a 4.0, since it's possibly made from scratch.
The rest is up to the developer. There is no need to follow semantic versioning, as that is really only suitable for certain types of projects, and there's not actually that much software out there that follows it. It's just one possible versioning system, not a rule for versioning in general. There should also be no expectation that version 1.0 means final - it may just mean it's a meaningful checkpoint in the progress. There may still be 1.14, 2.0, 7.7, etc after it.
The better is that he should name the update with the word remake beside the number to make people easy to know that this game got rework and the story got reset so not many content in it now

koza123456789

Dec 15, 2019
Well, point is, standards always originate as a response for a certain need, people standarize things to make it easier to understand them. The general approach should go as: I use semver, even though i don't fully understand it, and along the way I find out why exactly it works, and then, when I feel comfortable with it I start experimenting, same goes for git, naming convencies and so on. I think it is important to point out all these small mistakes as soon as possible to simply make things easier both for the developer and their audience. And when it comes to resetting, well, if you scrap your project entirely, and start form zero, the version should be reset to it initial state as well, because, even though the name of the project is the same, it is a new project. You should instead make sure to inform your clients that all these previous versions are deprecated. Otherwise, you will in fact keep two version histories for two, essentially different programs, in one bundle, and that is confusing, both you and your client.

joedohn

Jan 7, 2020
you cant rly carry over your old file , right ? because when i try to load a old save file the error appears with the missing pic. 0015 , is there a way to repair it ?
i'm getting an error "failed to load img/pictures/shower8, anyone have a fix?
View attachment 1631133

how to fix that?

I used old save file

To fix the "Image Failed to Load" problem, go into your game folder and follow the file path for the image it says (wherever you extracted it/www/img/pictures/etc...) copy and paste any other PNG image in the folder, and rename it to the name of the missing picture. This might give you slightly buggy CG for that specific frame, but should stop the error.

So in the pictured example, navigate to (.../img/pictures) copy some random image (say "phone9") paste it (it will be "phone9 - Copy), then rename it "phone6m".

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes