3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

joedohn

Jan 7, 2020
Succulence 2, dude. Whatever you've seen of it is just a drop in the bucket.
I mean, you can give this Dev the benefit of the doubt that he is not actually trying to milk his Patrons.

Sorry, should have clarified that i was a patron for 18+ months (and charged maybe 4 times in that period), went up to "Level 4" for the 0.63 release because i wanted the "Access to folder with full sized images from the games, with extras." from that tier, and was pretty disappointed that it was literally the same as what released with the update (as in, no extras, nothing WIP, nothing that supposedly got cut for size, etc).

So yes, while im aware that 0.54 exists with significantly more content, all of that was cut during the the image rework. <-- and since very little of the cut content from 0.54 was transfered to 0.63 (because if memory serves, you get about 3 days in game before youre locked in your apartment), and I havent seen any indication that the image rework was being worked on for any of said content, so...

Succulence 1 was a great game, and was the reason i wanted to support Succulence 2. Im not just trying to shit on the dev, but after the incomplete image rework, its been like 2 years since weve gotten an update that actually ADDED content, so i dont think its out of line to question whether anything is actually being produced.

So, I again ask, has there been anything to indicate that all of these "new" features that get to 90% complete and then get cut are anything more than just an initial patreon post followed by floundering? Dont know if theres anyone here who was around in the before time during the creation of the first game that can weigh in on whether this is the normal development process over a larger time frame or if this is completely abnormal for rnest.

Last edited:

Duifer

Oct 16, 2017
I Live

And I'm back. And I finally feel healthy.
And I'm fired up.
It seems that some of you completely lost hope at this point, so I'll see what I can do to change that.
Next Wednesday to Friday.
Keep your eyes peeled. That's all I'll say.

Also, the Poll, please press it, it's important
In the long game with lots of lewd events, what would you rather have?
- Ability to unlock them all in a single playthrough[Option 1]
- Several branching(and very different) routes that require multiple playthroughs[Option 2]

*Some* lost hope? lol lets see next week

• Haha
Reactions: ilovebooba

Ybqdesu

Apr 26, 2020
I Live

And I'm fired up.
It seems that some of you completely lost hope at this point, so I'll see what I can do to change that.

- Several branching(and very different) routes that require multiple playthroughs[Option 2]

Sorry, my dog isn't feeling well. See you next year. Or something close to that.

Hypor

Nov 22, 2018
1701958063003.png

Last few updates i feel like there's a hint of him maniacally laughing to himself as he types these out.
I imagine George RR Martin will finish writing game of thrones before we even see a succulence release.

• Haha
Reactions: Karrateir
Feb 9, 2018
man really asked if we want complex branching paths like he isn't barely keeping the game together as is

edit: I remembered it isnt together "what's left" for next update is putting 3 events in the game and doing tests since weeks ago and that is somehow a problem

Reactions: ilovebooba

Hypor

Nov 22, 2018
Hope he isn't gone back to these bullshit excuses now. He was doing these at one stage too until they got stale, where he would throw up a few options... but what ever option you picked you have basically given him the excuse to disappear for the next few weeks while he "reworks" such system into the coming release which usually "burns him out" or gets him "sick" until the next "mechanic change poll".

Its a good technique to making the patrons think that its their decision to delay the release and not his.

Jul 8, 2020
I Live

And I'm fired up.

I think I enjoy the "I finally feel healthy" line the most. The last time he felt that way he came back a few days later saying something like "I guess I'm still sick."
I think it's extremely presumptuous to run a poll for this game with those options. At this point the people just want a playable product with good amount of content. Both options feel loaded with built in excuses.

Toxicni

Jan 21, 2018
So what are the votes can someone who subs read em out? Tbh i dunno about others, but sure as hell am not replaying the whole game for branches f that, main charm of these types of games it's their sandbox nature...

Duifer

Oct 16, 2017
So what are the votes can someone who subs read em out? Tbh i dunno about others, but sure as hell am not replaying the whole game for branches f that, main charm of these types of games it's their sandbox nature...
You dont need to sub to see, or vote for that matter. but here 1702255558773.png

Reactions: Toxicni

Lanaya322

Jul 3, 2019
New features are cool and all... But he shouldn't focus on implementing them when he struggles to make an update. Don't think the fans want to hear about new features when there hasn't been an update in so long. I wish he keeps it simple for a while and focuses on corruption content and events. That's if you assume that these mentioned features and progress were not an excuse and he just sold his patreon account to some scammer xd

theraphosa

Sep 10, 2020
So, it's Friday my dudes. Any suggestions about further excuses?
In addition to his extremely hard work on the game 24/7, he now also has to replace the lazy Santa Claus and is at full capacity for the next 9 days. So unfortunately he doesn't have time to release the game in the next 2 months (that includes the time required for the usual gift exchanges). The release is actually finished but you have to set clear priorities here.

2 months later.....unfortunately, during the gift exchange, he accidentally exchanged his laptop (with the only data set he has from the game) for a pair of unloved socks and can't remember who has them now.

• Haha
Reactions: Lord Kentus
3.40 star(s) 5 Votes