4.70 star(s) 272 Votes

Paynne

Oct 31, 2018

Unlocked

Hello!

This week we've been clawing through the final renders and wrapping up the chapter. We've also gathered quite a long list of fixes and changes to be made before release. Some renders also remain in the queue, as well as a mountain of animation frames.

This chapter has roughly twice as much content as previous releases. It has over 1000 renders and multiple animations. Our goal was to create 40-60 minutes of playtime for this chapter and we believe we've succeeded.

We've decided on a release date that leaves us with a comfortable buffer for all the post-work that still needs to be completed before we move on fully to the production of CH05.

Update when?

Enthusiast+ tier: Thursday, Nov 10th

Player tier: Sunday, Nov 13th

Have a nice weekend!

Robison & Npx

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Not so long... Last update was in June, release in November. That is 5 months. And we have been waiting for Episode 9 for 7.5 months and about 1.5 more before the release :HideThePain:
In general, it surprises me that they did 1000 renders and 60 minutes of gameplay for such a long time, the developer must have not very powerful hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
I rather have 5 month schedule updates that last 1 hour than just 20mins to be quite frank. The previous updates were too short to be fully enjoyed.

As I've said before, eventually they'll need to outsource help, especially when the real branching begins. I do hope they are up to the task because this game deserves it.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I rather have 5 month schedule updates that last 1 hour than just 20mins to be quite frank. The previous updates were too short to be fully enjoyed.

As I've said before, eventually they'll need to outsource help, especially when the real branching begins. I do hope they are up to the task because this game deserves it.
an "outsource help" :unsure:
when the real branching begins, in order to provide 40mins to one hour gaming experience on "average" path, they will need much more time. if now, at early stages, they are taking 5+months for the first "large" update, when the real branching happens, that will take a year or so, even with all hardware upgrades.
so fingers crossed they will reach for that "outsource help", instead of staying "sole" devs as many other unfortunate (for their players, not for them ofc) examples.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I like how this game hasn't really had much so far but has already really fleshed out distinct personalities in all the LIs. Especially Bree and Sophie. On one hand you've got bubbly and outgoing and on the other you've got cool and sensual (without even trying) but not like bitchy or brooding.

kanyawest

Sep 15, 2019
I'm not a fan of WEGs, usually come on here for Japanese games, but the models in this game are the prettiest I've ever seen out of any WEGs. Looking forward very much to v0.4!

camube

Jun 4, 2022

Unlocked

Hello!

This week we've been clawing through the final renders and wrapping up the chapter. We've also gathered quite a long list of fixes and changes to be made before release. Some renders also remain in the queue, as well as a mountain of animation frames.

This chapter has roughly twice as much content as previous releases. It has over 1000 renders and multiple animations. Our goal was to create 40-60 minutes of playtime for this chapter and we believe we've succeeded.

We've decided on a release date that leaves us with a comfortable buffer for all the post-work that still needs to be completed before we move on fully to the production of CH05.

Update when?

Enthusiast+ tier: Thursday, Nov 10th

Player tier: Sunday, Nov 13th

Have a nice weekend!

Robison & Npx
Thank you for the post.

This game is so pretty. The model looks pretty realistic comparatively speaking. I just remember i played this game a couple months back. Good time to play again when the update release.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
The problem with the percentage thing is exactly the same as when watching a huge file (say 20GB) get unzipped, the early percentages get ticked off quickly because they're the smaller and easier files to unzip, then as you get towards the end the percentages slow down because the files are bigger and harder to unzip, but because the percentage is based on amount of files it shows as 80% even when the last 20% will take as long as the previous 80%. It's the same problem here, playtesting (especially when bugs need fixing) will take longer but as it's only one task it's technically only 1% of the progress.

_ShotInTheDark_

Apr 14, 2020
The problem with the percentage thing is exactly the same as when watching a huge file (say 20GB) get unzipped, the early percentages get ticked off quickly because they're the smaller and easier files to unzip, then as you get towards the end the percentages slow down because the files are bigger and harder to unzip, but because the percentage is based on amount of files it shows as 80% even when the last 20% will take as long as the previous 80%. It's the same problem here, playtesting (especially when bugs need fixing) will take longer but as it's only one task it's technically only 1% of the progress.
Then it would be smarter to make subtask for playtesting. Little advice from a software developer ;)

Aug 9, 2022
they announced the release date of ch3 a week before release
and ch4 three weeks before release, so if it needs that long for polishing then its true we're gettin 40-60m of playtime, nevermind choosing different routes and sub-paths which is a must in this vn

Reactions: Kazanovaromeo
4.70 star(s) 272 Votes