VN Others Abandoned Summer Job [v0.11b] [Kross]

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes

Alexander Krisnov

The Dead Commisar
Uploader
Sep 14, 2016
if its abandoned someone pick this game up and finish it :)
the dev will need to give away the game code and models either to the public or someone who will take over and thats very unlikely
The tag Abandoned is on the thread. Has the game been abandoned? If not, please remote the tag.
the guy released the update on April 2020 since then there hasnt been any activity on the patreon page unless there is sufficient evidence that he has indeed come back / continued the project it will stay as abandoned

Reactions: GrammerCop

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
the dev will need to give away the game code and models either to the public or someone who will take over and thats very unlikely

the guy released the update on April 2020 since then there hasnt been any activity on the patreon page unless there is sufficient evidence that he has indeed come back / continued the project it will stay as abandoned
The last entry on his Patreon page was indeed in April. So, I believe this game is Abandoned. I was just seeking clarification. Thank you for responding.

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
When I try the d version he found no save when I try my a version he found my saves. Are the folder others in Win10 or how can I make it that my old saves from version a work aso in version d?

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
ABOUT THIS GAME
Summer job is a dating sim game with rpg elements based on events and quests.
The hero of the "Summer Job" is Leon a man that decided to find a job in the summer time. Our hero will be able to interact with the resort's guests in different ways, he can seduce, corrupt and cheat them.
In the game there are four main areas, the resort, the beach, the wellness and fitness area and the village. In each area there will be specific locations like rooms, office, lobby, beach and pool bar, tennis, stores, cave, beach and much more.
During the game the hero will have to carry out the tasks to him assigned and earn the money to buy the necessary items to go ahead in the game or to buy the presents and new clothing for the girls.
In the resort Leon can interact with various girls / women each with the own personality. There will be from the sweet and ingenuous girl to the bad and wild girl. Leon can choose to change them, support them or exploit their weaknesses.
During the game the hero will unlock the events where he will have to choose the routes to follow. So he can be a sweet and good boy or a very asshole, but at any time he may decide to change his attitude and from a bad boy he can become a good boy, and vice-versa. Leon's future will be in your hands.

This is an early access version of the game, and it will be complete in a few months. Some events are not complete yet, but the player will still enjoy many hours of play.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
When I try the d version he found no save when I try my a version he found my saves. Are the folder others in Win10 or how can I make it that my old saves from version a work aso in version d?
Saves are located in the assets folder : ...\Summer Job\assets\save

You can try to copy your old save folder from previous version there but you will have to find out on your own if old saves are compatible.

Reactions: Dole

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
A quick comparison with previous version :

SJ_v09a : 1.43 GB with 4,276 files
SJ_v09d : 270 MB with 5,258 files

There are around 1000 more files, about 700 of them alone in characters folder. (Number of main characters did not change.)
Most images (png) have been reduced in file size by 90% (without visible loss of quality for my eyes) (e.g. 500 kb -> 50 kb). However resolution is only 1280 x 720 (both versions) so some images may look blurred when going full screen depending on display.

The walkthrough pdf is the same as in previous version (version info 08c).

Last edited:

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Wait... This game got updated? Count me in!
It looks like with a little update when I see it correct.

With my old save these pics are missing and I get a new Quest when I load my save (the other 2 quests are not in the Game in the moment/or you can´t complete it now). You get 3 Quests and can only complete 1 Quest at the moment.

Leon 1 pic
Alexandra 6 pics
Edgar 3 pics

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
I was looking forward to this game, but it's definitely stopped.
How do you know? Is there a statement by the dev?

Yesterday they placed it on STEAM as Early Access. Maybe the dev was disappointed by current support on patreon (75 $ per month) and now tries STEAM to get more financial compensation for his effort?

Has anybody bought the version from STEAM and can tell if it is the same version as here or if there is more content on STEAM? I started playing and there are many "-not implemented-" notifications in current version v09d, especially when checking the couples when they are in their hotel rooms.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dripping
4.50 star(s) 6 Votes