Ren'Py Abandoned Summer Lovers [Ch. 0] [After Ten Games]

lassoluh

‎ ‎ ‎‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Wholesome Addict ❦
Donor
May 23, 2020
There will probably be optional sharing and swapping content in a future update, and I'll do my best to telegraph what's coming so the player can opt in or out of it
It's not really wise trying to merge sharing/swinging in a story with romance around here, there will be 2 types of people who hate each other and the thread will become a dumpster fire. It's like a reality show with 20 people who don't get along confined in a house for 3 months, being optional still a good thing, though.

Cena2001

May 12, 2021
There will probably be optional sharing and swapping content in a future update, and I'll do my best to telegraph what's coming so the player can opt in or out of it. Right now I don't plan on any storylines where the MC is cheated on, though there might be a storyline where the MC is stealing a girl away from someone else.
Thanks for telling
Will stay away from the game
But liked the idea of
Mc stealing other man's girl

Reactions: Jsd16

UpAfterTen

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Thanks for telling
Will stay away from the game
Fair enough! Like I said, I see it as being option and not at all a major plot point. More like there might be a hot tub swap scene or something at some point that the player can do if they want. Like I'm trying to walk a line between letting people know a scene like that might possibly happen, but also make it clear it's not going to be a major plot thread and will be totally avoidable if it is thrown in there.

Though if the reactions are this strong early on I might forget about it entirely since it's not a huge thing and focus on the romance and MFF threesomes for our MC. :D

UpAfterTen

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
It's not really wise trying to merge sharing/swinging in a story with romance around here, there will be 2 types of people who hate each other and the thread will become a dumpster fire. It's like a reality show with 20 people who don't get along confined in a house for 3 months, being optional still a good thing, though.
I'll definitely take that under advisement. I knew from lurking here that there was a holy war on the subject. Guess I didn't realize how deep it went! :)

Reactions: lassoluh

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
I'll definitely take that under advisement. I knew from lurking here that there was a holy war on the subject. Guess I didn't realize how deep it went! :)
It's generally agreed on that the best modus operandi for developers on here is catering to either House Atreides or House Harkonnen, what with House Ordos and our relaxed stance on the matter not being canon. :geek:

verzauberung

May 5, 2017
There will probably be optional sharing and swapping content in a future update, and I'll do my best to telegraph what's coming so the player can opt in or out of it. Right now I don't plan on any storylines where the MC is cheated on, though there might be a storyline where the MC is stealing a girl away from someone else.
thanks for being open about future tags and not trying to hide them or sweet talk them like other devs do.
these tags are very clearly not for me and i'll stay away from this game. good luck

Jsd16

May 18, 2020
Sharing / swapping in romance + harem game is hard no for me , having those future tags in romance games ( optional or not ) prevents romance lovers like myself from playing the game . Anyhow gud luck with ur game dev , wish ur game a huge success .

Last edited:

UpAfterTen

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
It's generally agreed on that the best modus operandi for developers on here is catering to either House Atreides or House Harkonnen, what with House Ordos and our relaxed stance on the matter not being canon.
The salt must flow!

thanks for being open about future tags and not trying to hide them or sweet talk them like other devs do.
these tags are very clearly not for me and i'll stay away from this game. good luck
Sharing / swapping in romance + harem game is hard no for me , having those future tags in romance games ( optional or not ) prevents romance lovers like myself from playing the game . Anyhow gud luck with ur game dev , wish ur game a huge success .
Yeah, the sharing was going to be a small thing. Think I'm gonna back off on that and maybe give the MC the option to steal someone else's girl later since "no sharing" is the strongest note I'm getting in this thread. :)

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
The only thing I can tell you is, Harem/romace doesn't work very well with NTR/sharing.

And you have no idea the depth of this war. Like think of a cold war, only much more active and violent.

And I as one who doesn't like NTR content/sharing, I consider myself one of the most tolerant, as I can play some games that have NTR and avoidable sharing and even some that have some "NTR" (at least by F95 definition, that LI having sex with another guy is ntr) at the start of the game as an important factor in the game's storyline. What many can't and when they see the NTR TAG or share they jump right away.

And if you think about including that kind of thing, I still suggest that you focus on that then, because it's a shot in the foot to include a little scene, making a lot of people skip your game, and because it's just one thing it won't attract fans that kind of thing.

So DEV, choose your audience and work with it. Good luck and stay safe.

Reactions: MadCore and Jsd16

UpAfterTen

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
And if you think about including that kind of thing, I still suggest that you focus on that then, because it's a shot in the foot to include a little scene, making a lot of people skip your game, and because it's just one thing it won't attract fans that kind of thing.

So DEV, choose your audience and work with it. Good luck and stay safe.
Yup. That tag and that scene aren't even a possibility anymore. Don't want to heat up the cold war.

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
the girl is definitely cute. like the more realistic breast size. compared to those ridiculous monstrosities many use. however do you plan to have animated scenes or only stills? also any chance for a horny step sister?

UpAfterTen

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
the girl is definitely cute. like the more realistic breast size. compared to those ridiculous monstrosities many use. however do you plan to have animated scenes or only stills? also any chance for a horny step sister?
There will be animations. I'm still figuring out how to do them. Most of my effort in the past few months has been focused on learning Daz, Ren'Py, and doing some market research to figure out what kind of game I wanted to make.

Animation is definitely the next thing on my plate to learn how to do, because I want it in the game.

As for the horny stepsister... spoilers. :)

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
this is an unofficial android port Summer Lovers [Ch. 0] APK -

Reactions: bruce555

Cyberweasel89

Jun 19, 2019
*raises hand* I has a question!

The only things you've tagged and put in the "Genre" section is the protagonist's gender, the engine you used to make it, and exhibitionism. Since exhibitionism is the only kink you looked to have thought important enough to tag and put in the genre, does that mean the erotic content of this game 100% focused on exhibitionism? And since exhibitionism has kind of gained a pretty broad definition lately, how do you define it when used in your game?

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
*raises hand* I has a question!

The only things you've tagged and put in the "Genre" section is the protagonist's gender, the engine you used to make it, and exhibitionism. Since exhibitionism is the only kink you looked to have thought important enough to tag and put in the genre, does that mean the erotic content of this game 100% focused on exhibitionism? And since exhibitionism has kind of gained a pretty broad definition lately, how do you define it when used in your game?
https://f95zone.to/threads/summer-lovers-ch-0-after-ten-games.85762/post-5998801

Much more than just exhibitionism. The guidelines said to only put tags that were actually in the live game, though, so I stuck with that since this is more a short proof of concept that I could write a script, put together some renders, and code it all. The next chapter should have some public sex, at the very least. MC is also going to meet some future step-family in a future update, but that gets into spoiler territory.

Reactions: Cyberweasel89

UpAfterTen

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
So for people who are following this thread, a more detailed update.

I'm currently working on an update, but I'm in a time crunch. Writing erotica/romance is my day job, and this was a side project I started because it looked fun and similar to what I'm already doing.

COVID has meant I had to write less to help take care of kiddos who were home. When school starts up in August I will have a lot more time and will dedicate more of that time to working on this project as well. Unfortunately I had to make a choice between writing that pays my mortgage and writing a game script, and the paying the bills always wins.

Look for more in August/September when I have more time.