Seeking Summer Memories is such a blast to play! Hoping to find more like it!

Notoriously21

Dec 1, 2022
I recently got into playing the type of games found here. I started of with some of Gyroton's games as well as some short RPGM games that were pretty cool, and I stumbled upon Summer Memories. Boy do I have to say it took me on a ride.

At first, I was put off by the idea of playing for seemingly countless of hours just for the sake of getting off, and was almost going to put it down. But when I finally had more time to sink in, I decided to play the game for what it's worth, and holy sh*t was it good! Great story, tons of events, fun mini-games, side characters, art was awesome, it just hit the spot in so many ways that I was hoping to find more.

Alas, what I've come to learn is there'll be a sequel coming out named "Winter Memories" (I think), but the previous game, at least the ones published by kaguragames just didn't hit that spot for me. Hence, I was hoping to get some opinions on the matter! ( I hope this is the right place to ask!)

What I'm looking for is something like Gyroton's games, where there's pixel art. It's not a total dealbreaker if it isn't, but something that had a more "slice of life" theme like Summer Memories and Gyroton. If anyone knows any particular game or creator for these types of games, I'd be happyto hear from you, thanks! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: hayday3

Notoriously21

Dec 1, 2022
Update:
For those looking for similar games as well, my research on threads that have asked similar questions are the following games:
  • Succumate
  • Familiar Spirit of the Demon Lord
  • Housemaid Ladies Disturb My Study

Note: These games are from the same author

Other games that I have found to be as close to as interesting were:

• Dandy Boy Adventures
  • A girl's secret new life
  • A certain housewife's secret side-job

Games recommended by others that I would vouch for that has the similar style!

• NTR Legend
  • Summer Life In The Country Side
  • Countryside Life

Last edited:

Ragzul

Oct 15, 2019
Honestly, I haven't found many pixel art games that fully hit the spot, but there are a few gems at least.
Summer life in the countryside, nice little slice of life game.
https://f95zone.to/threads/summer-life-in-the-countryside-v2-0-dieselmine.60400/
Succubus Affection (Kagura games, but challenging and enjoyable pixel art) I'd suggest Eroico, but Succubus Affection is a much better competitor. Good art for both, but the former has better staying power and replay-ability.
https://f95zone.to/threads/succubus-affection-v1-09e-diary-of-sakiba.49948/
Another that is a touch of slice of life but mixes "Paper's Please" with lewd abuse of power... The Imperial Gatekeeper

There are surely more out there I haven't yet found, but these were a couple worth mentioning.

Notoriously21

Dec 1, 2022
Ah yes! I totally forgot to mention Summer Life in the countryside, has a lot of similar vibes as summer memories, but feels a little more watered down in comparison don't you think?

But yeah, I'm still looking for more gems, will update this thread as well as I sift through the games.

Honestly summer life has been both great, and a curse, cause it's really set the bar real high for a newcomer into games like this such as myself. To the point, it's hard to recommend it given how hard it is to find something just as good, and lightweight in terms of storage space it takes up!

I'll definitely be trying Succubus Affection!
Tried the other 2, but you're right, it just hits different, and Imperial Gatekeeper gets sorta repetitive after awhile :')

Notoriously21

Dec 1, 2022
You can look at these games

NTR Legend
Countryside Life
Village Rhapsody
Daily Lives of My Countryside

Yo! Your response is on the money! I forgot to mention these games, and yeah these definitely give off the same vibe as well!
Especially the countryside or slice of life theme
I haven't tried out Village Rhapsody, Daily Lives of My Countryside and NatsuAsobi yet, so I 'm most definitely looking forward to it now!

I'm wondering if you guys know of any "tags" to use to find these games? sim-date? simulators?

Last edited:

allura404

Nov 7, 2019
Yo! Your response is on the money! I forgot to mention these games, and yeah these definitely give off the same vibe as well!
Especially the countryside or slice of life theme
I haven't tried out Village Rhapsody, Daily Lives of My Countryside and NatsuAsobi yet, so I 'm most definitely looking forward to it now!

I'm wondering if you guys know of any "tags" to use to find these games? sim-date? simulators?
The number of games of this vibe seems to be few. At least in English. You have to dig deep into the internet to find such games. The origin of such games is usually Japanese. I can recommend , the site for you to discover Japanese games. Most Japanese games are available here.

I can offer you to discover games of this vibe. I filtered the game category to 'Pixel' and 1664 results came out. You can shape the filtering according to your fetish.

As I took a little peek at the filter, I found these games that might be close in this style
Afterschool Tag
Apartment Story
Real Dive World (リアルダイブワールド)

Bitch Life

Games on dlsite are paid. I can recommend the following sites to download the games you have discovered for free. f95zone, , , , , . In order to find download links of the games, you can search the games by their English name, Japanese name, RJ code if any, or the name of the developer.

It will be difficult to find the English version of the games you will discover. If the game is made with the RPGM engine, you can look at this thread and translate the games from japanese to english in a practical way.

Also, I haven't played the NatuAsobi game. Let me tell you up front that you shouldn't get your hopes up too much. The game is only 13mb lol

Last edited:

Ragzul

Oct 15, 2019
Something a little different for the OP... If you enjoy the challenge aspect of Succubus Affection and want to find something else to provide a challenge while remaining lewd to the core.. I recently found this game.
Corrupted Saviors
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-saviors-release-36c-csdev.63932/

TL;DR - Be a Demon Lord, corrupt Super Heroes/Heroines into either killing each other or joining you, or uniting to kick your ass in the final battle. The game is lewd, but classy enough to where your imagination can still fill in the blanks for the scene. Strong learning curve.

I'm still working out various means to improve in this game, and the campaign is probably one of the more challenging games I've ever played. One of my complaints about Succubus Affection was that you could get to a point in seeing telegraphs of the enemies and become OP even on the hardest difficulty setting.
Be forewarned it IS a text based game, like Corruption of Champions (CoC) and Trials in Tainted Space(TiTS), but it's from a different dev and has a very different vibe. It's also good at hiding the repetition by letting you discover new ways to get better at the game. The Campaign mode is the actual game, and the "Single" mode is like a practice mode. You'll get to enable cheats if you like once the run is over and get to experiment freely with no time limit. (continue past day 50 and the "Final Battle".)

You play as the "villain" in the game. Your goal is to defeat a trio of Super Heroes/Heroines (customize their genders as you like, male, female, futa. All are optional) A draw of the game for me is the corruption aspect. Turning super heroines into super villains and having them join your villainous side to corrupt even more. (Like, what if Sailor Moon went dark side?) So far I've only managed to succeed in the "Single" mode, still trying to hone my understanding to play in Campaign mode. The comments for the game say that you can enable cheats for Campaign only if you succeed in the final battle. Whereas with Single mode, you can continue past the final battle and enable cheats regardless of outcome (Hence, practice mode style)

Strong learning curve, included tutorial text files will need revisiting before, during and after playing the game. And even some stuff is just learned through experimenting. Like being able to pick multiple options during a "Surround" to stack damage. The game makes you feel a bit like an idiot when you can't figure out the strats, but when you learn them and get past that limiting belief, it's very encouraging.

It has some very good writing, with few mistakes here and there. And considering the size of the game, they are forgivable typos. But it's a one handed game, has pictures that change in battle, but it's a text based game. Among my small library of collected titles, this one has my stamp of approval. Scratches just right. Be the big baddie, show even the most ardently naïve just how dark the people they protect can be.

Reactions: Notoriously21

Notoriously21

Dec 1, 2022
Something a little different for the OP... If you enjoy the challenge aspect of Succubus Affection and want to find something else to provide a challenge while remaining lewd to the core.. I recently found this game.
Corrupted Saviors
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-saviors-release-36c-csdev.63932/

TL;DR - Be a Demon Lord, corrupt Super Heroes/Heroines into either killing each other or joining you, or uniting to kick your ass in the final battle. The game is lewd, but classy enough to where your imagination can still fill in the blanks for the scene. Strong learning curve.
Hey, pardon the late reply! Have been a little busy and was caught up with the FIFA World Cup whew! First of all thanks for the suggestion! :D This game looks hella interesting, and I just might give it a try, have already downloaded it and kept a copy in my library! It's certainly different from the games I've played and definitely something I'd play, as I've come to find myself running out of games rather quickly!

This seems like it'll be a good playthrough while I look for more games that fit a mildly specific niche.
(I've come to realise I like games which are have a combination of some if not all of the following:

• Slice of Life
  • Simulation
  • RPG
  • Animation
  • Pixel Animation
  • Voice-over/ partial voice-over
  • Mini-games
  • Multiple storylines/story arcs/endings
  • Character Variety
  • Exploration
  • Summer Life (?)
  • Country Side (?)
  • Some Fantasy Elements is okay (?)

Notoriously21

Dec 1, 2022
The number of games of this vibe seems to be few. At least in English. You have to dig deep into the internet to find such games. The origin of such games is usually Japanese. I can recommend , the site for you to discover Japanese games. Most Japanese games are available here.

I can offer you to discover games of this vibe. I filtered the game category to 'Pixel' and 1664 results came out. You can shape the filtering according to your fetish.

As I took a little peek at the filter, I found these games that might be close in this style
Afterschool Tag
Apartment Story
Real Dive World (リアルダイブワールド)

Bitch Life

Games on dlsite are paid. I can recommend the following sites to download the games you have discovered for free. f95zone, , , , , . In order to find download links of the games, you can search the games by their English name, Japanese name, RJ code if any, or the name of the developer.

It will be difficult to find the English version of the games you will discover. If the game is made with the RPGM engine, you can look at this thread and translate the games from japanese to english in a practical way.

Also, I haven't played the NatuAsobi game. Let me tell you up front that you shouldn't get your hopes up too much. The game is only 13mb lol
Pardon my super late response! And I don't know if writing two responses back to back is the right way to go ><
But the games you have suggested were on the money yet again! I actually played some of them before, and am looking into Sloppy Classmate and Bitch Life next! Thanks for helping me to filter, I will definitely take a look at that filter once I'm done with the current batch of games. I notice myself really blazing past games, but this is truly quality stuff, thanks so much! :D

Reactions: allura404

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Two games that fit almost all your criteria:

Frontier of Sister Indulgence

Happy SOL game about a kid that gets adopted by three sisters and gradually gets sexy with all of them. Fairly decent length game, probably 20+ hours, lots of scenes, very happy and mild tone all around. The boy is very timid, and is usually getting teased a little by the girls.

False Myth

Same developer. Still very slice of life, but its an actual RPG with a plot and combat and such. It's a little more serious. but still heavily features the day to day of a boy and cute girls who all get along. Unlike the other, the male more takes the lead here.

Reactions: Notoriously21