4.70 star(s) 149 Votes

0xFFF

May 3, 2019
Okay, sorry I need to ask because I'm not seeing it (but I'm not running on Windows) is there a particular action where you see the lag?

Is it after running for some time? Is it when changing rooms? Or changing points on the map?

Basically where does it look the worst?
For me, when you in the room and outside it's lagging unless you're in conversation. The same thing happend on succumate too unless succumate lag comes when you go outside only.

It's just heavy like opening 100+ tab chrome.

kin-kun

Modder
Jul 10, 2020
For me, when you in the room and outside it's lagging unless you're in conversation. The same thing happend on succumate too unless succumate lag comes when you go outside only.

It's just heavy like opening 100+ tab chrome.
One more question, do you have chrome open along with the game?

kin-kun

Modder
Jul 10, 2020
Yes for me both with your version and with the original.
Yes, but the issue is later versions of Chromium (which is the core of Chrome) tend to interfere with each other (contention over using the GPU to render web pages.)

So as I see it, there are a couple of possible issues that could be going on. One is texture garbage collection, basically when a sprite (meaning a piece that moves) loads, it will pull the image from disk and store it in RAM (sometimes on the graphics card). When it is no longer visible, that is not immediately thrown away. The thought is, what if it is needed again soon, loading from disk is slow.

So textures are cached. If this cache isn't purged, the memory usage goes up and can bring a machine to a crawl.

PixiJS normally tracks how long it has been since it used a cached texture and cleans up anything that hasn't been touched for 60 seconds. The problem comes in, with things like map loads and such, a lot of sprites can expire at the same time. So you can inconsistent behavior of a lag point, followed by everything looking fine. (I need to look, but I don't think the RPGMaker core is using the cache efficiently.)

I was trying a more aggressive way of collecting the unused textures, which may use more CPU, but would lead to consistent behavior.

What this means is, since I can't reproduce the behavior myself, I'll need to build a set of test versions.

There are a number of moving parts here so I'm going to put together a few different versions, and I'm going to name them differently so it is obvious which version is which.

I should have the first of these tomorrow, as I've spent most of today fighting CMake.

me262u

Oct 17, 2018
when I get up to a certain point in the tutorial I get
Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, open'C:\summer memories plus append 2.03\www\save\config.rpgsave'
and the game wont continue can some one help thanks

iamshaggy999

Sep 20, 2017
Yes, but the issue is later versions of Chromium (which is the core of Chrome) tend to interfere with each other (contention over using the GPU to render web pages.)

So as I see it, there are a couple of possible issues that could be going on. One is texture garbage collection, basically when a sprite (meaning a piece that moves) loads, it will pull the image from disk and store it in RAM (sometimes on the graphics card). When it is no longer visible, that is not immediately thrown away. The thought is, what if it is needed again soon, loading from disk is slow.

So textures are cached. If this cache isn't purged, the memory usage goes up and can bring a machine to a crawl.

PixiJS normally tracks how long it has been since it used a cached texture and cleans up anything that hasn't been touched for 60 seconds. The problem comes in, with things like map loads and such, a lot of sprites can expire at the same time. So you can inconsistent behavior of a lag point, followed by everything looking fine. (I need to look, but I don't think the RPGMaker core is using the cache efficiently.)

I was trying a more aggressive way of collecting the unused textures, which may use more CPU, but would lead to consistent behavior.

What this means is, since I can't reproduce the behavior myself, I'll need to build a set of test versions.

There are a number of moving parts here so I'm going to put together a few different versions, and I'm going to name them differently so it is obvious which version is which.

I should have the first of these tomorrow, as I've spent most of today fighting CMake.
Awesome. Happy to test them and let you know.

kin-kun

Modder
Jul 10, 2020
what is the difference between 2.02 and 2.03?
Translation fixes.
diff -r -q Summer\ Memories\ 2.03 Summer\ Memories\ 2.02
Files Summer Memories 2.03/www/data/Map055.json and Summer Memories 2.02/www/data/Map055.json differ
Files Summer Memories 2.03/www/data/Map093.json and Summer Memories 2.02/www/data/Map093.json differ
Files Summer Memories 2.03/www/data/Map095.json and Summer Memories 2.02/www/data/Map095.json differ
Files Summer Memories 2.03/www/data/MapInfos.json and Summer Memories 2.02/www/data/MapInfos.json differ
Files Summer Memories 2.03/www/data/System.json and Summer Memories 2.02/www/data/System.json differ
Files Summer Memories 2.03/www/img/pictures/SuzukaHCG2_0000.rpgmvp and Summer Memories 2.02/www/img/pictures/SuzukaHCG2_0000.rpgmvp differ
Files Summer Memories 2.03/www/img/pictures/SuzukaHCG2_0001.rpgmvp and Summer Memories 2.02/www/img/pictures/SuzukaHCG2_0001.rpgmvp differ
Files Summer Memories 2.03/www/img/pictures/SuzukaHCG2_0002.rpgmvp and Summer Memories 2.02/www/img/pictures/SuzukaHCG2_0002.rpgmvp differ
Files Summer Memories 2.03/www/img/pictures/SuzukaHCG2_0003.rpgmvp and Summer Memories 2.02/www/img/pictures/SuzukaHCG2_0003.rpgmvp differ
Files Summer Memories 2.03/www/index.html and Summer Memories 2.02/www/index.html differ

There are some image file differences as well, I haven't looked into what those are exactly yet.

Edit:
Ah there's a tiny bit of censoring that was left in. Hard to spot unless you're looking very closely at big images.

Last edited:
Reactions: Someonewho
4.70 star(s) 149 Votes