Captain Kitty

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2019
*** Gallery MOD Summer of Love ***

There may not be a lot of demand for a gallery and also a little late but I played The Engagement before this and my OCD demanded one for this game too. :LOL:

I hope I got most of the scenes but I may have missed some due to certain scenes having multiple variations and branches. Please let me know if I missed something.

Mod Post:
Summer of Love Gallery
There might not be new animations, but there will be more renders for almost all animations in the future to make the animations look nicer. There will be 2 times: the first time will add more renders for scenes that rendered in Daz Studio 4.15 (the second half of the game). The second time will replace all animations in the first half of the game which were rendered in Daz Studio 4.10. The walkthrough mod won't work. But I'm not sure for the gallery mod.

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
There might not be new animations, but there will be more renders for almost all animations in the future to make the animations look nicer. There will be 2 times: the first time will add more renders for scenes that rendered in Daz Studio 4.15 (the second half of the game). The second time will replace all animations in the first half of the game which were rendered in Daz Studio 4.10. The walkthrough mod won't work. But I'm not sure for the gallery mod.
Thanks for the update on the game. I was under the impression that it was completed.

As long as there are no drastic changes to the labels the gallery mod should be fine with the future update. Since the game is being updated to round out the scenes, it would definitely play better if labels like the following had a scene pic at its start:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It would be even better if "renpy.end_replay()" could be added to all the major scenes.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Out of curiosity, since there are different routes, is there relatively equal amounts of content for each route, or do some routes get more love than others?

Just wondering if it feels like there's one obvious and intended path that got most of the content with the other paths kind of thrown in as a afterthought, or if the game is relatively balanced with similar amounts of content regardless of which route you're into.

jazz154

Jul 21, 2017
Out of curiosity, since there are different routes, is there relatively equal amounts of content for each route, or do some routes get more love than others?

Just wondering if it feels like there's one obvious and intended path that got most of the content with the other paths kind of thrown in as a afterthought, or if the game is relatively balanced with similar amounts of content regardless of which route you're into.
If I remember correctly, I would say they are about equal, but some scenes are reused with minor alterations to suit the route you are on.

yunmaster

Aug 29, 2017
0001.jpg
I like her in blue, but there are no scenes in this game.
Are there any other games where she appears?

reidanota

Nov 1, 2021
Is there a point early in the game where you're locked into one particular ending, or can you pick netorarse and netorare scenes along the way and still be able to divert to a harem/swinging ending down the road? If so, which is the critial point, or critical points, where you have to make a final decision as to which ending you're aiming for?

fbass

May 18, 2017
Is there a point early in the game where you're locked into one particular ending, or can you pick netorarse and netorare scenes along the way and still be able to divert to a harem/swinging ending down the road? If so, which is the critial point, or critical points, where you have to make a final decision as to which ending you're aiming for?
You will be locked in early, you need to follow the WT

reidanota

Nov 1, 2021
You will be locked in early, you need to follow the WT
Thanks. I know this will sounds like I'm lazy, but I can't make a roadmap out of the official walkthrough. It's probably fine as a means to help you make each choice as they come, but it doesn't seem to give you any clue as to the future consequences down the road. Still can't be sure exactly at what moment the game will consider me on each route, without the possibility to move to another.

I read this in the reviews section: "• Multiple ending/replayability but be careful with choices because they can cause one path to be thrown into the others. You may need a walkthrough to avoid that" - what if I don't want to avoid that, but actually want to combine paths whenever it feels more interesting, and at the same time ensure that I get my preferred ending?

fbass

May 18, 2017
Thanks. I know this will sounds like I'm lazy, but I can't make a roadmap out of the official walkthrough. It's probably fine as a means to help you make each choice as they come, but it doesn't seem to give you any clue as to the future consequences down the road. Still can't be sure exactly at what moment the game will consider me on each route, without the possibility to move to another.

I read this in the reviews section: "• Multiple ending/replayability but be careful with choices because they can cause one path to be thrown into the others. You may need a walkthrough to avoid that" - what if I don't want to avoid that, but actually want to combine paths whenever it feels more interesting, and at the same time ensure that I get my preferred ending?
Not really lazy. I do remember the walkthrough being a little hard to follow. Some paths cross over a little bit but I'm not sure where you get locked in. What I did was make a lot of saves to go back to until I got the route I wanted. Sorry, I should've mentioned that the first time.

You could also use this mod. It lets you change routes pretty much anytime you want
https://f95zone.to/threads/universal-renpy-mod-urm-2-3-1-mod-any-renpy-game-yourself.48025/

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Overhauled my gallery mod system recently and was happy that it could be adapted to this older Renpy version game with the structure mostly intact.

The updated mod now features filtering by multiply tags and ability to rename.

Downloads:
F95zone -

Reactions: fbass

Captain Kitty

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2019
Overhauled my gallery mod system recently and was happy that it could be adapted to this older Renpy version game with the structure mostly intact.

The updated mod now features filtering by multiply tags and ability to rename.

Downloads:
F95zone -
Notice for those who intend to use any current mods for v1.2 (if it will be leaked):
- the script is being fixed: texts and dialogues will be different between the mod and the game.
- the animations are improved by adding more renders: most animations will have low quality with the mod (high quality without the mod), some animations won't be able to run with the mod.
- a few scenes will have blank scenes (no image will appear) with the mod.
Current mods need to be re-done to work with v1.2.

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Notice for those who intend to use any current mods for v1.2 (if it will be leaked):
- the script is being fixed: texts and dialogues will be different between the mod and the game.
- the animations are improved by adding more renders: most animations will have low quality with the mod (high quality without the mod), some animations won't be able to run with the mod.
- a few scenes will have blank scenes (no image will appear) with the mod.
Current mods need to be re-done to work with v1.2.
My mod in particular does not touch the game script at all. It just references the labels and images for the scenes. So in this case any differences in text and animation quality comes down to the difference in game version and nothing at all to do with the mod.

Captain Kitty

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2019
My mod in particular does not touch the game script at all. It just references the labels and images for the scenes. So in this case any differences in text and animation quality comes down to the difference in game version and nothing at all to do with the mod.
Instead of improving the animations, your mod will keep the current low quality of the animations as I mentioned in my previous comment.

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Instead of improving the animations, your mod will keep the current low quality of the animations as I mentioned in my previous comment.
That is odd, my mod does not copy the script or duplicate any of the animations so it cannot keep any low quality animations. The only reason the mod plays a lower animation is because the labels for the scenes have changed but the older labels are still kept. In this case the mod will still reference the old scene. Of course the mod would have to be updated with new the new labels but, again, the animations and such are due to the change in game code and nothing to do with the mod making it low quality.

I appreciate the heads up about a new version of the game but please do not spread misinformation about what my mod does. The whole thing could have been phrased as "the game code has changed substantially in v1.2 so mod may no longer work and needs to be updated" instead of the statements indicating that the mod is breaking the game.

It is generally understood that mods may need to be updated with each new game version so the warnings were unnecessary.

Captain Kitty

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2019
After reading your latest comment and knowing exactly what you did in the mod, now I'm pretty sure that your mod will be useless in v1.2. You didn't change anything in the script, but when the number of renders for an animation increases from 20 to 80, the name of the frames in the script will be different. If you think this is just a missinformation instead of a head up (I have no reason to write exactly what you want me to write for a head up), that's fine. I don't care.

Edited: Before anyone thinks I'm doing it on purpose to ruin mods, there is another reason for everything: prepare for future translation.

Last edited:

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
After reading your latest comment and knowing exactly what you did in the mod, now I'm pretty sure that your mod will be useless in v1.2. You didn't change anything in the script, but when the number of renders for an animation increases from 20 to 80, the name of the frames in the script will be different. If you think this is just a missinformation instead of a head up (I have no reason to write exactly what you want me to write for a head up), that's fine. I don't care.

Edited: Before anyone thinks I'm doing it on purpose to ruin mods, there is another reason for everything: prepare for future translation.
It is par for the course that mods will have to keep up with new versions of the game. There is no understanding that mods will work with newer versions of the game. As such there is no need at all for the original warnings about the mod.

From your edit above, it seems your intention is to call attention to a new version of the game with improved animations and script. Your post could have just concentrated on the virtues of the new version without any reference to mods.

Reactions: jazz154
2.90 star(s) 41 Votes