Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SS_SM_Cover.png

Overview:
In-game mod for Summer Scent
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, in-game walkthough guide, custom settings, custom fonts and much more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** The latest SanchoMod Core v7b ***
Massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development

New Note: A custom iPatch (correctly written) is already included. No other patch is required.
Old Note
: v0.6.2 currently has no new scenes in SanchoGallery, here's why.

Updated: 04-20-2024
Game/Creator: Summer Scent / The Naughty Captain / F95zone -
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: v0.6.4a
Game Version: v0.6.4a
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port), New: Includes character renaming.
  • New: Toggled custom iPatch (already included in the mod installation).
  • Too many new features to list (see FAQ spoiler button below for even more features implemented in the latest Core).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

Current revision: 04/20/2024 08:28 CST
Download: -

SanchoMod GUI/Features
SS SM B06a1.jpg SS SM B06a2.jpg SS SM B06a3.jpg SS SM B06a4.jpg SS SM B06a5.jpg SS SM B06a6.jpg
SS SM B06a7.jpg SS SM B06a8.jpg SS SM B06a9.jpg
Dynamic ChoiceGuide Examples
SS SM B01 Test.jpg SS SM B04 B01f.jpg SS SM B04 B01h.jpg SS SM B04 B01g.jpg SS SM B04 B01k.jpg
New MenuChoice Opacity Adjustment
SS SM B04 Testa.jpg SS SM B04 Testb.jpg SS SM B04 Testc.jpg
Alt-Character Renaming (deep rooted coding)
SS SM B06d00.jpg SS SM B06d01.jpg SS SM B06d02.jpg SS SM B06d03.jpg SS SM B06d04.jpg

(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
OTR D01a.jpg
If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.

For those few scrub code bandits, please see the fine print below.
Special note to a couple wanna-be hack "modders" out there: I know you're stealing my code for your personal monetary gain. Keep it up and I'll call you out publicly with ample evidence.
Always give credit to the rightful creator, show respect, and don't get your hand stuck in the cookie jar.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
does that mean you'll abandon the mod?
We appreciate your work man, just start a new thread maybe
Hell no I'm not abandoning....I've too many hours invested now. I created a new mod post here and will request a Moderator to move the appropriate posts from in here to there once that thread is approved (becomes live). Regards.

Edit: I made a ticket to the Moderators to move the appropriate posts as they find appropriate once the new thread is approved and becomes live. Here is that request for reference:

Edit #2: Once the thread goes live I compiled y'all a Beta that you can try. These posts will be moved to that thread once a Moderator checks the tickets. Regards.

Last edited:

randi99

Jul 28, 2021
Hell no I'm not abandoning....I've too many hours invested now. I created a new mod post here and will request a Moderator to move the appropriate posts from in here to there once that thread is approved (becomes live). Regards.
glad to hear that and thank for your work.
i'll be waiting for the mod
regard

Reactions: Punto and Iam8Bit

Krashyn

Mar 4, 2019
Glad your not abandoning it its always best to have sometimes more then one option when the other modder is extremely slow or is too busy to get into fixing/updating anything.

oh and that comment about don't assume it was not about you but there are others before your post that claimed he quit modding all together all because of the date of his last posting which is not true just seems to have delegated work to other people on his team.

You did nothing wrong with trying to keep a mod working for this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: B31stone and Punto

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
( This post reserved for future content & notes )

SanchoMod VN Specific Notes:
  • There's a boatload of event variables in this VN, but most are deadends or dialogue changes only. I list every event in the ChoiceGuide, even those that don't do anything for completion purposes. I only list those events that are story altering (other than dialogue) in the stat screens. This way you know the ChoiceGuide is complete but what is a priority to pay attention to is in the stat screens.
  • The choice menus can be adjusted for opacity (new for SanchoMod). Currently this adjustment is shared with the MiniStat screen so that it's always available during play (the adjustment bar in the MiniMenu, bottom-right of screen).
This post will be dynamic (it will change over time) and is a source for more detailed information related to the mod that is not in the OP. Regards.

Testers: IT'S DONE!!! . Enjoy.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I know this might seem like a small thing to some, but for me this was a rather major breakthough and helps with "creature comforts" I can add to my mods.

Introducing.....dynamic MenuChoice. If you have the correct variables, the standard menu guide is listed. If it is disabled (in the OEM code) the mod automatically let's you know what the requirement is for that choice. Pretty cool, right? Thought so myself. Below is example. First is with the correct choices leading up to this choice, the second is not.

SS SM B04 B01i.jpg
Player chose the correct choices leading up to this choice "Go to her".

SS SM B04 B01j.jpg
Player did not make the required choices and normally wouldn't know what was missing.
Now the mod lets you know what is required since the choice is disabled.

Again, I know it's a small thing but like all the small things in SanchoMod I hope they add up to elevating the player's experience. Again, it's all tweakable to use as little or as much as you wish. Power via choice. Regards.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod - Dynamic Stats/Cheevos

ChoiceGuide (if enabled, it's always a toggled option in SanchoMod) dynamically changes according to your playthrough. Note the below in practice. The first pic meets all the requirements, pay attention to the stats and cheevo information. The second pic does not meet all the requirements, note the difference in stats awarded including the cheevo. That's all fine and good but the player likely wants to know WHAT is required if missed, right? No problem, note in the second pic, the cheevo let's you know what is needed to be awarded. Pretty cool, right? You know it is. No other mod does this for any VN that I'm aware of. Just another broken wall via SanchoMod giving you, the player the info you want but only if you want it. Everything can be turned off if one wishes in the mod's options. Regards.

Player made all the required previous decisions. Note the first choice "Kiss her"
SS SM B04 B01m.jpg

Player did not make all the required previous decisions. Note again the first choice "Kiss her"
SS SM B04 B01l.jpg

Last edited:

Krashyn

Mar 4, 2019
From what I can see you are already going well beyond what I expect some mod makers to attempt absolutely loving what I am seeing.

Reactions: KnightOwlSC

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
From what I can see you are already going well beyond what I expect some mod makers to attempt absolutely loving what I am seeing.
I'm going to be honest with you. Many "modders" are not that at all. Many don't even know Python with is what RenPy's foundation. Some don't even know how to compile a RenPy game tbh. When you mix that all into a pot you usually get nothing but broken "hacks" usually from code they've "borrowed" from others and try to adapt. I make all my goodies from scratch for personal use and only share a few mods here and there. You'll quickly see that this is just a game of monetary site "donations" which I refuse to be apart of. Your mileage may vary, but that's my take. Regards.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
The Walkthrough was working great, up until this point, think it was in Episode 3, maybe it was still 2, not sure, but it is when they are eating the fish. Since I had restart due to errors, using skip and your mod to try to get back to where I was before.
1637173876862.png

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
The Walkthrough was working great, up until this point, think it was in Episode 3, maybe it was still 2, not sure, but it is when they are eating the fish. Since I had restart due to errors, using skip and your mod to try to get back to where I was before.
View attachment 1504746
Update - 11/16/2021 19:14 hours CST
Beta including ChoiceGuide through Day 2 is no live. Re-download, and install (overwriting as necessary). Enjoy.
It confused me at first until I realized the mod doesn't have the options for day 2+ yet

Reactions: BillyBat12

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The walkthrough mod has not been updated since v5.3 so it might not have the hooks to load up the day 6.

I myself have only just reached day 5 and is editing and correcting the text and adding in any missing parts from original to the mod.
It confused me at first until I realized the mod doesn't have the options for day 2+ yet
Day 2 is now done. OP will be updated shortly (make note of the Green text). I had to go back an code the dynamic ChoiceGuide/Achievements as described above. I've done pre-bug testing. Give it a shot while I run through it one more time then move on to Day3 which is already partially done due to Day2 variables.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ah, I see what the plan is now, going like a day by day kinda thing. OK, that makes sense.
Well, normally it's much faster but I had to go back and create new Python tools due to the variations (discovered the issue while in the middle of initial Day 2 coding). Otherwise choice guiding Paths and Achievements would have been impossible. After the new Python code was done and tested I had to go back through Day 2 and set the appropriate flags. Long story short....once the initial tools are final, it's then down to my mapping then circling back and checking for bugs, then rinse/repeat.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress
4.30 star(s) 3 Votes