Mod Ren'Py Summer Scent [v0.6.4a] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The goal is still to get a maintenance update out this evening before I crash and burn. In the meantime the damn ChoiceGuide is becoming a crayon box of colors at this point and I'm building more Python dictionaries than should be legal in most countries. It's borderline absurd getting enough pertinent info to the player. I have to stop at 5 categories per choice otherwise my main dictionary becomes so large with the combination of dict keys that RenPy would take way too long to load the VN if I go 6+ (they exponentially grow by the hundreds of key combos very quickly which becomes a rather massive internal database that's held in your system's memory, not your disk).
1676856689443.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: SonsOfLiberty

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The goal is still to get a maintenance update out this evening before I crash and burn. In the meantime the damn ChoiceGuide is becoming a crayon box of colors at this point and I'm building more Python dictionaries than should be legal in most countries. It's borderline absurd getting enough pertinent info to the player. I have to stop at 5 categories per choice otherwise my main dictionary becomes so large with the combination of dict keys that RenPy would take way too long to load the VN if I go 6+ (they exponentially grow by the hundreds of key combos very quickly which becomes a rather massive internal database that's held in your system's memory, not your disk).
Damn, if people can't follow that, well they are SOL :LOL:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm about to wrap the maintenance update up. I've run through damn near every single path on multiple machines with cheevos firing off like crazy, Pathfinder toggling Off/On, etc, etc.... I'm running out of things in the ChoiceGuide to "tweak". I need to grab a meal soon since it's past 2100 hours here but I still reckon I can get a truly bulletproof mod update out this evening before I need to hit the hay.

I recommend removing the "hotfix" patch files(2) whenever installing the pending maint update but nothing should be harmed if you forget (I'm trying my best to make everything dummy-proof... I don't mean that personal, I mean it as in simplicity).

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
I know you are currently working on an update, however I have an issue regarding the mod that I don't think has been brought up: When I install the mod, pushing Start for a new game causes it to get stuck there. It highlights white and then nothing.

I *thought* I saw a line in the OP that said JoiPlay friendly earlier, but I don't see it now. :unsure: So maybe it's just that.

Reactions: sonhot

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I know you are currently working on an update, however I have an issue regarding the mod that I don't think has been brought up: When I install the mod, pushing Start for a new game causes it to get stuck there. It highlights white and then nothing.

I *thought* I saw a line in the OP that said JoiPlay friendly earlier, but I don't see it now. :unsure: So maybe it's just that.
SanchoMod is not currently mobile device compatible. PC/English.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (Critical)

Links in OP are updated accordingly. Remove the mod's hotfix patch files(2) if you installed them earlier today.

Changlelog:
  • Resolved - Achievements exception error
  • Resolved - Pathfinder screen exception error
  • Resolved - Likely other misc exception errors due to "Lighthouse Mode" coding overlaps
  • Resolved - Old VN "childhood friend" text (it's original VN dialogue but it's resolved in SanchoMod)
  • Updated - ChoiceGuide edits and additional data
  • Updated - various tweaks and polish
  • Whatever else I didn't list
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

Last edited:

Valrin72

May 4, 2017
MOD says it is properly installed but I can't open the min-menu or access any other functions in-game. Only have access to the sancho gallery from the game's main menu.

Edit: reinstalled the game and mod and it's working now. Looks like the MOD did not like being installed on an extracted version of the game.

Last edited:

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
How the hell do I get "Kelly Liked" in episode 5?
1676882187527.png
Do you have to be on none of the other paths or something?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Well, the third time is a charm for me. This update led to all kinds of shit. In a good way ;)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
How the hell do I get "Kelly Liked" in episode 5?
View attachment 2403558
Do you have to be on none of the other paths or something?
See? This is a prime example of my previous posts in this thread regarding the Lighthouse Mode like this one from yesterday.

I personally like Kelly so I'll go into detail to be very clear. Here's the deal bud, to be on KellyLovePath the player must have the following prerequisites (technically the path isn't defined yet but the way to what it will be is coded by the dev):
The player must choose "Kiss her" (as opposed to "Let her go") in Day5 during the convo at night while they are sitting at the swimming pool and after making that choice must choose "I like you..." (as opposed to "Well, you're very cute..."). Here's those two choices in chronological order:
1676906083338.png 1676906123172.png

Now you can only get the option to kiss her if you don't already have: SisLovePath, SisSubPath, CassieLovePath, or CassieDomPath

It's easiest to achieve that is to be on the NeutralPath but that isn't required... it's just easiest (imho). You simply can't be on any of the four paths listed above. Now, regarding those paths above that the player cannot have to progress with Kelly, the ChoiceGuide does try to warn you and in other instances let's you know what you can get away with. For example:

The player does NOT have to actually meet Kelly at the coffee shop if they don't want to. This is noted:
1676906418913.png
The player can't be on the specific paths I listed above. This is noted where possible (there's eighteen paths, I'm not putting all path conditionals in every single choice):
1676906492482.png

Make sense?

Last edited:
Reactions: Valrin72

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So, I tried going down the Duo Dom path, and got this error.
See post here. "Critical" means mandatory... basically, to resolve exceptions and crashes. Non-critical would be aesthetic or feature revisions that aren't due to not being able to progress. Bottom line: Make a save before the error, re-dl the mod, reinstall over the existing installation, start the VN and load the save you just made. Done.

IMNC

Sep 3, 2019
See post here. "Critical" means mandatory... basically, to resolve exceptions and crashes. Non-critical would be aesthetic or feature revisions that aren't due to not being able to progress. Bottom line: Make a save before the error, re-dl the mod, reinstall over the existing installation, start the VN and load the save you just made. Done.
I did a fresh install and it works fine. Overwriting didn't seem to work right.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I did a fresh install and it works fine. Overwriting didn't seem to work right.
Very odd indeed. I added one new file but the rest are named the exact same but revised. Glad it's sorted though... to be honest that one bug you noted was an accidental find by me late last night during my final speedruns. It was almost missed completely, and that would have sucked.

CirclePete

Mar 4, 2018
Hi,
The game has two "duo-characters" who seem to only have a few lines:
Code:
define sk = Character("Eve & Kelly", who_color="#F0AE14")
define sm = Character("[mc_name] & Eve", who_color="#CC7C47")
and I think that for these lines, Eve and Kelly still have their vanilla name with your mod.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi,
Code:
and I think that for these lines, Eve and Kelly still have their vanilla name with your mod.
Good afternoon bud. You know, after over a year I've never caught that (that's what seedruns will do to ya). A bit embarrassing but you're 100% correct on the combo characters. I'll sort that after I find a good spot to close this other project I'm currently on. Good catch bud, thank you. I'll give you proper credit when I push the fix public.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi,
Code:
Double-Post: Sorted
1676937074027.png

And since you might be playing right now, here's a hotfix path file that will allow you to have it currently.

Installation:
  1. Close the game (obviously)
  2. Extract the attached and copy it's file inside your "/game" or "/SanchoMod" folder (whichever you prefer).
  3. Start a new playthrough OR load a previous save, either should be fine, and test.
Note: This only works if you are using SanchoMod. The file is NOT compatible otherwise (obviously).

Reactions: CirclePete

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
See? This is a prime example of my previous posts in this thread regarding the Lighthouse Mode like this one from yesterday.

I personally like Kelly so I'll go into detail to be very clear. Here's the deal bud, to be on KellyLovePath the player must have the following prerequisites (technically the path isn't defined yet but the way to what it will be is coded by the dev):
The player must choose "Kiss her" (as opposed to "Let her go") in Day5 during the convo at night while they are sitting at the swimming pool and after making that choice must choose "I like you..." (as opposed to "Well, you're very cute..."). Here's those two choices in chronological order:
View attachment 2404344 View attachment 2404345

Now you can only get the option to kiss her if you don't already have: SisLovePath, SisSubPath, CassieLovePath, or CassieDomPath

It's easiest to achieve that is to be on the NeutralPath but that isn't required... it's just easiest (imho). You simply can't be on any of the four paths listed above. Now, regarding those paths above that the player cannot have to progress with Kelly, the ChoiceGuide does try to warn you and in other instances let's you know what you can get away with. For example:

The player does NOT have to actually meet Kelly at the coffee shop if they don't want to. This is noted:
View attachment 2404355
The player can't be on the specific paths I listed above. This is noted where possible (there's eighteen paths, I'm not putting all path conditionals in every single choice):
View attachment 2404356

Make sense?
Ah well damn. I really like Kelly but not sure its worth giving up Eve and Cassie for it...

In your opinion, what is the best path? Figure i'd ask you since you can see the code and what not.
(also what the heck are the mystery paths???)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ah well damn. I really like Kelly but not sure its worth giving up Eve and Cassie for it...

In your opinion, what is the best path? Figure i'd ask you since you can see the code and what not.
(also what the heck are the mystery paths???)
Good evening bud. Well, mysterious paths are just that... they aren't known from the code yet but I reckon I've discovered one of the three that I elaborated a bit on the post here. In regards to the "best path", that's so completely individual. Personally I like Kelly (for what she has possibly become as an individual) and Eve (because science requires her to be completely researched :p). I'm not a fan of Cassie. I understand why she's a major character but I personally choose to keep her at bay. But these are simply my personal tastes and have nothing to do with anything at the end of the day. There's no one better path than another except for specific Player preferences. In any case the code is obviously not complete so I really can't answer the remaining paths. TBH Kelly's path isn't firmly set yet. There's a layup in the code that's obvious but the actual pathing variable has yet to be set (it's introduced and already inside the mod's code though).

Now, to your point of " I really like Kelly but not sure its worth giving up Eve and Cassie for it " - I think (I need to confirm) that it might be possible to obtain the Kelly pathing and have Eve as a HardSub. Don't take this as gospel yet though, I've had a bit to drink and I need to fully check it out... but I really hope that's an option (again, for me personally).

Forget what I think, who's your fav LI? Regards.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Good evening bud. Well, mysterious paths are just that... they aren't known from the code yet but I reckon I've discovered one of the three that I elaborated a bit on the post here. In regards to the "best path", that's so completely individual. Personally I like Kelly (for what she has possibly become as an individual) and Eve (because science requires her to be completely researched :p). I'm not a fan of Cassie. I understand why she's a major character but I personally choose to keep her at bay. But these are simply my personal tastes and have nothing to do with anything at the end of the day. There's no one better path than another except for specific Player preferences. In any case the code is obviously not complete so I really can't answer the remaining paths. TBH Kelly's path isn't firmly set yet. There's a layup in the code that's obvious but the actual pathing variable has yet to be set (it's introduced and already inside the mod's code though).

Now, to your point of " I really like Kelly but not sure its worth giving up Eve and Cassie for it " - I think (I need to confirm) that it might be possible to obtain the Kelly pathing and have Eve as a HardSub. Don't take this as gospel yet though, I've had a bit to drink and I need to fully check it out... but I really hope that's an option (again, for me personally).

Forget what I think, who's your fav LI? Regards.

I like all 3, again all personal taste. I played 3 times, guess good path all got was a kiss from Kelly (zero lewds) :LOL: on all 3 runs :poop: So played again (4th run with alt tabbing involved) tried some other things to get other content. Some things I guarantee players won't want to do to get to a certain path....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

From what I've seen if you go Kelly you don't get the other 2. I guess I'm on the Eve path with Cassie jealous? Dunno. Trying to figure out how to get to the scene where they both do you, but have not found the right path.

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes