Mod Ren'Py Summer Scent [v0.6.4a] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Damn. I've been so busy that I forgot to push v0.6.3a update out.
So, I'll do my best to get that done today.

I did notice some things that need a quality of life improvement (some that I'm surprised I didn't notice before tbh). For example the Pathing info in stat screens which made the MiniStat abnormally too wide and obnoxious.

Was:
1689940006619.png
Now:
1689940101251.png

There's more examples but I need another cup of coffee.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v0.6.3a)

Go get you some.

Links in OP are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Reactions: elandoor
Jun 10, 2020
At first glance, this folder structure in the traceback raises a flag for me:
While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object (u'\u2026ep1/ep6_sc18_308.jpg')

That image is under an appropriate subfolder on the VN running level, but not exactly as noted in the log file. It is under a directory named "ep6-1". The log file notes a specific unicode character "\u2026" which translates to ampersand " & " which seems very odd to me. It is this image for reference:
View attachment 2780425

Try this as a possible solution in case that save file is (for whatever reason) borked:
  • With the VN closed (not running), in both the VN's "/game/saves" folder and "(username)/AppData/Roaming/RenPy/SummerScent-1560502960" folder, delete the offending save file (but make a backup of it first just in case by copy/pasting it to another temp folder of your choice, like the desktop for example).
  • Fire up the VN then check the Load screen again for any potential error.
  • Report back your findings.
So I backed up my save folder and removed all files in there; and that fixed the issue.

The problem is how do I locate which one "Save 4" is? They are named 1-1-LT1.save through 56-1-LT1.save. There are 172 saves in there! ;)

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
So I backed up my save folder and removed all files in there; and that fixed the issue.

The problem is how do I locate which one "Save 4" is? They are named 1-1-LT1.save through 56-1-LT1.save. There are 172 saves in there! ;)
The first number is the page and the second number is the slot on the page. So 1-1-LT1 is the very first slot on page 1 and 56-1-LT1 is the first slot on page 56. so "Save 4" should be 1-4-LT1? Unless its a save you NAMED Save 4, then you have to either remember where it was or open the game and look at the saves, then when you find it, check the page and the slot. I THINK all save slots are numbered across, so if it's a six-slot grid, it would be

1 2 3​
4 5 6​

Anyway, good luck.

Reactions: Sancho1969
Jun 10, 2020
The first number is the page and the second number is the slot on the page. So 1-1-LT1 is the very first slot on page 1 and 56-1-LT1 is the first slot on page 56. so "Save 4" should be 1-4-LT1? Unless its a save you NAMED Save 4, then you have to either remember where it was or open the game and look at the saves, then when you find it, check the page and the slot. I THINK all save slots are numbered across, so if it's a six-slot grid, it would be

1 2 3​
4 5 6​

Anyway, good luck.
I don't think I named any saves myself... but the issue I'm having is that I can't look at the saves in game.. it crashes. ;)

Oh well, I might have to replay the game all over again... lol

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I don't think I named any saves myself... but the issue I'm having is that I can't look at the saves in game.. it crashes. ;)

Oh well, I might have to reply the game all over again... lol
Maybe if you do a fresh install (unzip the full game, then unzip and copy in the mod files), then start a new game, make a save on a page you don't think any of your saves are on, exit, then copy the old saves into the newly-created saves folder, then restart the game?

I have no idea if this would work, just something to try ...

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Maybe if you do a fresh install (unzip the full game, then unzip and copy in the mod files), then start a new game, make a save on a page you don't think any of your saves are on, exit, then copy the old saves into the newly-created saves folder, then restart the game?

I have no idea if this would work, just something to try ...
Every update you play should be a fresh install! Saves automatically carry over anyway and they should work unless the dev stated otherwise...guess what...

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Oh well, I might have to reply the game all over again... lol
Just do as I originally asked you to try here bud. It's simple and I've written clear instructions that should get you back in business. Remember that when removing saves/persistent files you MUST do them in both places (in Windoze) or your just pissing on a flat rock. Just follow the instructions and let's get you passed this issue.

Reactions: MyUserName1234

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (Non-Critical)

Links in OP are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • Resolved - Scene "Pizza Eve" would end prematurely (you'd actually never get the lewd portion of the scene) due to one of the choices not being available. Thanks to Wolfram99 for reporting it.
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

Cali2021

Aug 29, 2021
This is the error that comes up when I start the game.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load from archive SanchoMod/SanchoMod SummerScent.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Thomas Denniston\Desktop\SummerScent-0.5.5-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Thomas Denniston\Desktop\SummerScent-0.5.5-pc\renpy\main.py", line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\Thomas Denniston\Desktop\SummerScent-0.5.5-pc\renpy\script.py", line 275, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\Thomas Denniston\Desktop\SummerScent-0.5.5-pc\renpy\script.py", line 690, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))
Exception: Could not load from archive SanchoMod/SanchoMod SummerScent.rpyc.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Sun Aug 20 18:34:36 2023

MaxRichard

Formerly 'sluraplea'
Oct 7, 2023
Nothing really unless the VN is loaded into my IDE. It deploys a macro code snippet that engages SanchoDevMode for my crazy scientist coding endeavors. But I guess the end user can always engage it and press Ctrl+R to reload the game... not a whole lot else unless you're sitting in my studio with the game loaded.
first off wanted to say your mods are amazing!! games are MUCH more enjoyable after patching them. thank you very much!!

I wanted to ask if it's possible to include a console or otherwise some sort of flexible variable setter so that we can tweak variables while playing through. for example, after patching Sunshine Love Ch1, I can see a massive Stat Screen but I can't change any of these variables. Am I missing anything? Sorry if dumb question, am new to all this. Thanks in advance!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
first off wanted to say your mods are amazing!! games are MUCH more enjoyable after patching them. thank you very much!!

I wanted to ask if it's possible to include a console or otherwise some sort of flexible variable setter so that we can tweak variables while playing through. for example, after patching Sunshine Love Ch1, I can see a massive Stat Screen but I can't change any of these variables. Am I missing anything? Sorry if dumb question, am new to all this. Thanks in advance!
Good morning.

"Sunshine Love" - use the "cheats" that the dev coded into the MC's tablet. I removed most of my cheats after those were coded in after the dev's did this some time back as they were no longer required. There's nothing you can't achieve without the cheats on the Tablet or within the mod for that VN that I can think of bud.

Reactions: MaxRichard

KokoMarley

Dec 25, 2019
View attachment 1503179

Overview:
In-game mod for Summer Scent
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, in-game walkthough guide, custom settings, custom fonts and much more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** The latest SanchoMod Core v7b ***
Massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development

New Note: A custom iPatch (correctly written) is already included. No other patch is required.
Old Note
: v0.6.2 currently has no new scenes in SanchoGallery, here's why.

Updated: 07-21-2023
Game/Creator: Summer Scent / The Naughty Captain / F95zone -
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: v0.6.3a
Game Version: v0.6.3a
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port), New: Includes character renaming.
  • New: Toggled custom iPatch (already included in the mod installation).
  • Too many new features to list (see FAQ spoiler button below for even more features implemented in the latest Core).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

Current revision: 08/20/2023 15:15 CST
Download: -

SanchoMod GUI/Features
View attachment 1781718 View attachment 1781719 View attachment 1781720 View attachment 1781721 View attachment 1781722 View attachment 1781723
View attachment 1781843 View attachment 1781741 View attachment 1781742
Dynamic ChoiceGuide Examples
View attachment 1503872 View attachment 1503528 View attachment 1503530 View attachment 1503536 View attachment 1504513
New MenuChoice Opacity Adjustment
View attachment 1503234 View attachment 1503232 View attachment 1503231
Alt-Character Renaming (deep rooted coding)
View attachment 2401829 View attachment 2401830 View attachment 2401832 View attachment 2401833 View attachment 2401834

(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
View attachment 1503246
If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.

For those few scrub code bandits, please see the fine print below.
Special note to a couple wanna-be hack "modders" out there: I know you're stealing my code for your personal monetary gain. Keep it up and I'll call you out publicly with ample evidence.
Always give credit to the rightful creator, show respect, and don't get your hand stuck in the cookie jar.

I tried with pc compressed version (Joiplay user) failed to start, already put in the right folder as u mentioned, then tried use without mid, its run smooth

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Thank you so so so much :love:! I was able to run SanchoMod in my potato for the first time!
I spent about half an hour playing and learning all the options the Mod has and I think I understand how it works, except for two things that I would appreciate someone helping me with:

1. SanchoHover works halfway, i.e. it works fine with the game's own menu (Tracker, Q.Save, Q.Load, Skip, etc.), but it doesn't seem to work with the SanchoMenu.
I'll leave a picture of the menu I'm talking about. What am I doing wrong?
2. I always take screenshots in my favourite moments (S key), but SanchoMod opens another menu with the S key. I discovered that in the cheats section you can switch to the letter T, but I would like to know which key to use to take screenshots without activating the T cheat.

Thanks again! :whistle::coffee:.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you so so so much :love:! I was able to run SanchoMod in my potato for the first time!
I spent about half an hour playing and learning all the options the Mod has and I think I understand how it works, except for two things that I would appreciate someone helping me with:

1. SanchoHover works halfway, i.e. it works fine with the game's own menu (Tracker, Q.Save, Q.Load, Skip, etc.), but it doesn't seem to work with the SanchoMenu.
I'll leave a picture of the menu I'm talking about. What am I doing wrong?
2. I always take screenshots in my favourite moments (S key), but SanchoMod opens another menu with the S key. I discovered that in the cheats section you can switch to the letter T, but I would like to know which key to use to take screenshots without activating the T cheat.

Thanks again! :whistle::coffee:.
1. Do you mean "HoverHelp" or "QuckMenu Hover"? I don't know what "hover" option you are referencing tbh. Hover help is the mod's help system while hovering over specific button in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions that further explain what those do. QuickMenu Hover only effects the QuckMenu buttons (Q.Save, Q.Load, etc) It does not effect the MiniMenu's button as that is NOT a QuickMenu item. The MiniMenu button (bottom-right) will always be visible. I can't think of any other mod features that deal with hover except in other VN's where I provide assistance during freeroam events which this VN doesn't have.

2. Find and click this spoiler "FAQ" in the OP:
1708774487867.png
This see this at #9:
1708774530604.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PickerLewd

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
PickerLewd, I just realized that portion of the FAQ didn't answer your exact question. With the mod's default use of "s" for the stat screen, use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots.

Reactions: PickerLewd

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
PickerLewd, I just realized that portion of the FAQ didn't answer your exact question. With the mod's default use of "s" for the stat screen, use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots.
Thanks Sancho (y), this is the only thing missing from this wonderful Mod, maybe when "Core v8" arrives :LOL:. A help screen with just text explaining all the available keyboard shortcuts, similar to the "Help" menu that the standard Renpy games have.

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes