Mod Ren'Py Summer Scent [v0.6.4a] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It seems this scene isn't in the gallery. I happen to come across it by playing Eve sublove route a bit different, without Cassie love route to be precise (I might be wrong, this game is rather complicated). It's in day 5, Eve sublove route, please update.

View attachment 1744910

P/s: this mod is fantastic, thank you very much!!
Thank you for the kind words. Note that that particular variation is the "SubLove" version of the scene (there are 4 variants of that scene alone). I'll see how many variations of all the included SanchoGallery scenes I can further include but know that including all of them is... not really practical. I'll be updating the mod core code again soon to the latest version and I might toss a few more scene variations in. Regards.

To be more clear on that particular scene, it's a variant of the one circled below:
1649354022732.png

Reactions: Raiss54

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Victarion000 I went ahead and added that particular scene variant to the gallery. It'll be included in the next mod update which will be soon since I need to update the core code again (refinements and additional features maintenance update). Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod update - non-critical

The links in the OP have been updated to the latest SanchoMod Core code which includes refinements, new features, and will hopefully insure faster future updates. Some of the newest features include:
  1. SanchoDiaBox toggle (found in the Options screen). Seamlessly changes from OEM dialogue box to SanchoMod custom.
  2. QuickMenu alignment (found in the Options screen). New bonus feature - The alignment changes dynamically depending on whether the OEM or Sancho dialogue box is on screen.
  3. SaveDescription toggle (found in the Options screen)
  4. SanchoAlerts (isolated custom notifications that are completely separated from RenPy's default notifications, toggled on/off along with the normal ChoiceGuide). New bonus feature - now receive alerts of potential scene/path splits as save marker points.
  5. SanchoGallery (improved efficiency and handling of isolated gallery, isolated MC renaming, improved start and ending screen transitions and more). New bonus feature - The "SanchoMod Menu" opacity slider (that normally controls the opacity of the MiniStat screen in-game) now controls the dialogue box opacity while in a scene replay. When back in-game it switches back to it's default of adjusting the MiniStat screen opacity.
Regards and enjoy.

Reactions: weirdscix

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
A little note to my fellow SS fans, the next core update will be to the new v6 core code. It's the refinement of everything we've been through in v5 to date, all consolidated to be even more future expandable with the bells and whistles that I and other folks wanted available in regards to GUI tweaking and now stat/variable tweaking (yes, I'm giving in to you cheaters out there and created a more bullet-proof cheat system that allows you to change the variables that I've chosen and resets the previous variables to correlate so that it's more like how you would have actually played versus brute force like all the other "mods"). This will hopefully allow your "cheated" saves to be compatible with future dev updates, but you're a cheater so that's not guaranteed 100% :p.

More info to come soon. I want to port to a few other titles first as this VN is one of the ones that I don't want to experiment too much with (only the best for my personal favorites). Be well, all the best to you and yours, and regards.

Reactions: mav99 and weirdscix

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good evening. I thought I'd drop a quick post regarding the port to the latest SanchoMod core v6 now that I've ported 10 other titles in my public catalog.

Porting this title is going to be many hours of work but that's ok, let's discuss some changes. Most changes in the v6 may seem minor but there's so many that they add up to a more polished product that allows even more flexibility for both me as a coder and us as consumer of the media (the player). I'll cover the cheats section later, let's talk some settings tweaks in this post.

To allow the user a more "unmodded" experience if they wish I've changed the dialogue box code and the menu choice code to allow 100% default, full-bore SanchoMode, and everything in between I can think of.

Dialogue box (in this case meaning the location, length, and graphic containing the dialogue text) is now more flexible. Here's example of OEM default and my current personal settings while testing (my settings don't matter, this is for demonstration):

Default setting: SS SM B05zz2.jpg Custom dia box: SS SM B05zz3.jpg

Next is a change in the menu choice opacity setting. Previously I was rushing to finish the product and while the choice opacity could be changed it was sharing the setting with the MiniStat/MenuMenu opacity which is not always preferred. Now it's a separate setting found as expected in SanchoOptions as can be seen below:

SS SM B05zz1.jpg
This post is getting rather long and I don't wish to bore you but wanted to keep you posted on some things behind the scenes of the current porting process. If these and other changes are JenMistress approved then we have a winner. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod update - non-critical

Links in OP updated to newest port of SanchoMod Core v6a.

The main newest feature sets within the mod (for those already accustomed to SanchoMod) are the following:

1. SanchoDiaBox toggle (found in the Options screen). Seamlessly changes from OEM dialogue box to SanchoMod custom.
  2. QuickMenu alignment (found in the Options screen). New bonus feature - The alignment changes dynamically depending on whether the OEM or Sancho dialogue box is on screen.
  3. SaveDescription toggle (found in the Options screen)
  4. SanchoAlerts (isolated custom notifications that are completely separated from RenPy's default notifications, toggled on/off along with the normal ChoiceGuide). New bonus feature - now receive alerts of potential scene/path splits as save marker points.
  5. SanchoGallery (improved efficiency and handling of isolated gallery, isolated MC renaming, improved start and ending screen transitions and more). New bonus feature - The "SanchoMod Menu" opacity slider (that normally controls the opacity of the MiniStat screen in-game) now controls the dialogue box opacity while in a scene replay. When back in-game it switches back to it's default of adjusting the MiniStat screen opacity.
  6. SanchoCheats (found via the Options screen). Professionally and properly coded cheats that are rock-solid, including a reset button for stat changes that works intuitively and correctly every time. You asked for it, you got it...cheater.
Regards and enjoy.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi Sancho, new update is out now: https://f95zone.to/threads/summer-scent-v0-6-1-the-naughty-captain.38131/post-8594193

I can't load my saves without your mod, so don't take too much time ;) <--
Another VN (NBTP) came out a little over a couple hours ago so I'm working on it first. But, I call SanchoBullshit that you can't load your saves inside an unmodded game. You thought I'd leave you out to dry like that bud? Did you really?

Hell no, I've got your back (you should know this by now). Just go find this little dandy in the OP:
1658444664170.png
Regards.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
oh oh, my rookie mistake! :rolleyes:
I downloaded it but completely forgot to copy it to the game folder. It works now, so you can take your time :)

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
oh oh, my rookie mistake! :rolleyes:
I downloaded it but completely forgot to copy it to the game folder. It works now, so you can take your time :)
Just don't forget about that file. You'll want to delete it if you decide to install the mod later. I'll make it automatic at some point (it's on the todo list) but for now if you have both installed it confuses the shit out of the mod and ultimately breaks it. Just don't forget about that little sucker. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: fortuna95

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
How many bottles Crown do you require for this to miraculously appear on TOP of your To-Do list? Asking for some friends... :geek:
:ROFLMAO:... this guy ^

It's next up bud. But you know I'm not going to speed run through it... this title deserves my best thoughts on bits of coding. I'll start in the morning (it's 23:30 here now) since I haven't had anything to eat today and I'm starving... it's dinner time then get some rest for a few hours.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
We appreciate all your effort Sir.

Looking forward to this mod to play this over the weekend.

Reactions: Raiss54

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
:ROFLMAO:... this guy ^

It's next up bud. But you know I'm not going to speed run through it... this title deserves my best thoughts on bits of coding. I'll start in the morning (it's 23:30 here now) since I haven't had anything to eat today and I'm starving... it's dinner time then get some rest for a few hours.
I actually managed to figure out why unren wasn't working so I got my fix. ;) I think modding-wise it won't be horribly taxing. Not too many decisions to make or points to be awarded. Think you'll enjoy playing it though. Pretty girls including a great cameo.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I actually managed to figure out why unren wasn't working so I got my fix. ;) I think modding-wise it won't be horribly taxing. Not too many decisions to make or points to be awarded. Think you'll enjoy playing it though. Pretty girls including a great cameo.
Good to know for sure. I'll have to come up with a few tricks since this is a favorite title... JenMistress would be disappointed if I don't bring my "A" game. I'll come up with something clever and if time permits I'll go back and refresh some of the older choices, throw in a splash of additional GUI tweaks, etc.

Edit: Heck, this is the first VN update I've had to do on this title... I forgot this was the one I truly introduced they "dynamic ChoiceGuide" to. Yep, gotta do something special again.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning folks. I'm supposed to be updating my accounting records for last fiscal quarter to submit my sales tax to the comptroller's office (I'm a couple day's late now... here come the fines/penalties) but I'm going to put that on the back burner again and start crackin' on this update.

I've got my first cup of coffee and will start soon. I'll keep y'all updated as I always try to do. Regards.

fddsffds

May 16, 2017
Good morning folks. I'm supposed to be updating my accounting records for last fiscal quarter to submit my sales tax to the comptroller's office (I'm a couple day's late now... here come the fines/penalties) but I'm going to put that on the back burner again and start crackin' on this update.

I've got my first cup of coffee and will start soon. I'll keep y'all updated as I always try to do. Regards.
tnx for your hard work! you are awesome!!

Reactions: Punto and botc76

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016

Dude, thank you for this mod, for all your other fantastic mods and the time and effort you sink into them.
This happens to be one of my favourite games as well, so I of course very much appreciate it, that you are tackling it so fast.
But don't get into trouble with your taxes, that would make me and probably lots of other fans of your mods feel guilty.

Seriously, your work is so appreciated. Not just because you make some of the best mods, but also for taking over so many mods that were abandoned by the initial modders.

Reactions: Jorund

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Quick progress update:

Well, since I haven't updated the core code in this mod for ~3 months it took me this long to port the basics over (it's a ton of code to diff in). I'll grab another cup of Joe then see if she'll fire up without many stutters. If all goes well then we're off to the races and getting things knocked out.

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes