Summer Vacation! Scrambled [ ILLGAMES ] サマバケ!すくらんぶる

3.70 star(s) 10 Votes
Sep 3, 2019
Yeah, this surely is a game for AA fans.
Also i'm disappointed with the character creator. Until now even the most animeish illusion game always gave me the chance to create kind of "realistic/believable/coherent" breasts shapes. Now no matter what i do with the sliders they always unavoidably tend to look like this:
View attachment 4072794
LOL yeah, it's very hard to encompass so many woman breast shape in one general type, they're too diverse. I see that Samabake has some new parameter to create more diverse shape, but the end results tend to be same-ish. I'd rather they give player some specific type of breast (teardrop, bell shape, east west etc) and then iterating from that (just like the face type) rather than put everything together. Also they should separate nipple creation section because it is now have many new parameter that I really like.

Reactions: Someone

Purple_Heart

Engaged Member
Oct 15, 2021
Does anyone know when will be better repack updated? I'm aware hfpatch exists, I was just waiting for better repack to be updated.

Nymph Hunter

Jan 7, 2020
Damn... i had forgot about the release of this game. Started to play a few hours.
And i must say i'm not thrilled. This desperately need a couple of expansions to add location and personalities. Gameplay remember me of the AA games, so extremely basic interactions but somehow even more limited. And come on... "floating" hentai scenes on a png background? In 2024? They should have been well beyond that. And the "jobs" apparently are purely aestetic.
This game is not terrible, but i really hope is gonna get at least a couple of meaningful expansion. At the current state it doesn't hold a candle to koikatsu.
Unfortunatelythis is where gaming industry goes - Sims 4 have freaking 2D neighborhood compared to 3D freeroam openworld cities of Sims 3. Everything just gets dumbed down, put as minimal effort as you can, so being released in 2024 is actually a handicap for a game.

minanoh

Feb 21, 2018
Unfortunatelythis is where gaming industry goes - Sims 4 have freaking 2D neighborhood compared to 3D freeroam openworld cities of Sims 3. Everything just gets dumbed down, put as minimal effort as you can, so being released in 2024 is actually a handicap for a game.
forget koikatsu it doesnt even compare older AA title

FafnirOD

Nov 9, 2022
This game feels like a deflated sequel to Artificial Academy 2.

Improvements :
  • Players could "finish" in any position unlike vanilla AA2
  • Updated visuals and character models... though I'm not particularly fond of the Koikatsu look
  • Several notable QoL/UI improvements along with a built-in character creator unlike older Illusion games
  • Somewhat better "overworld"... if you ignore the fact that it has less areas in general
Downgrades :
  • Directionless Day>Night cycles. Since the game doesn't actually take place in a school, the inhabitants of the world are just loafing off around the map with no distinct per time slot schedule and the gameplay loop feels worse than AA2's.
  • Jobs are just a worse Club
  • Worse variety of personality-types. Most personalities are just cutesy/ditzy overlaps
  • Seems less invested in offering the players more flavour dialogues/events... if anything, socializing somehow feels more basic than AA2's already simplistic social features
"Totally-not-Illusion" would do anything to fight bankruptcy but break the Illusion cycle of grief.

FafnirOD

Nov 9, 2022
The better blackout club activities (AA2). How nostalgic. :ROFLMAO:
Clubs affects the positioning of characters near the end of the day, slightly improves the odds of certain NPCs interacting with each other and there were club rankings that somewhat influences the social sim aspects of the game.

Jobs does jackshit.

Reactions: Kuromarutaur

ethernam85

Nov 15, 2023
Clubs affects the positioning of characters near the end of the day
True. If I put some girls I like in the same club as me and my club is the best one, they will start swarming me. I don't really care about positions though, these animated (even voiced) new jobs are kinda refreshing to me so.

Oghenekaro

Apr 14, 2021
This game feels like a deflated sequel to Artificial Academy 2.

Improvements :
  • Players could "finish" in any position unlike vanilla AA2
  • Updated visuals and character models... though I'm not particularly fond of the Koikatsu look
  • Several notable QoL/UI improvements along with a built-in character creator unlike older Illusion games
  • Somewhat better "overworld"... if you ignore the fact that it has less areas in general
Downgrades :
  • Directionless Day>Night cycles. Since the game doesn't actually take place in a school, the inhabitants of the world are just loafing off around the map with no distinct per time slot schedule and the gameplay loop feels worse than AA2's.
  • Jobs are just a worse Club
  • Worse variety of personality-types. Most personalities are just cutesy/ditzy overlaps
  • Seems less invested in offering the players more flavour dialogues/events... if anything, socializing somehow feels more basic than AA2's already simplistic social features
"Totally-not-Illusion" would do anything to fight bankruptcy but break the Illusion cycle of grief.
ppl wanted an aa sequel..... and they gave it about 30% instead of going full in 100%

acezero99

Nov 18, 2020
Hopefully like AA2, they'll release balance patches every now and then:

Bocoboco

Jan 18, 2018
Speaking of updates:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, , and I think they're also going to talk about what I'm assuming is the addon stuff that'll add the coming 8 personalities plus whatever else.

officialaddon.png

Sep 3, 2019
Hopefully like AA2, they'll release balance patches every now and then:
This game is clearly aiming old AA fans, so it is a given that they had to listen to request from their customer that logically will compare Samabake to AA games. If you or everyone else buying this game from DLsite or other shop, please directly contact them, or write in the review what you wanted them to add to Samabake. Every request count as I'm sure they need feedback because going forward I'm sure they will churn out more "totally not Illusion games but suspiciously very similar" type of games, if we look at the success of Samabake right now.

acezero99

Nov 18, 2020
This game is clearly aiming old AA fans, so it is a given that they had to listen to request from their customer that logically will compare Samabake to AA games. If you or everyone else buying this game from DLsite or other shop, please directly contact them, or write in the review what you wanted them to add to Samabake. Every request count as I'm sure they need feedback because going forward I'm sure they will churn out more "totally not Illusion games but suspiciously very similar" type of games, if we look at the success of Samabake right now.
I was thinking of doing just that at some point... Translated to Japanese of course, because something tells me they won't favor EN customers/comments before the EN version is out.

Reactions: AT83
3.70 star(s) 10 Votes