Summer Vacation! Scrambled [ ILLGAMES ] サマバケ!すくらんぶる

Sep 21, 2021
Males in this game don't even have voices. AA2 had 3 or 4 voiced personalities on release. The fact that there are only 2 (now maybe 4) male personalities already shows that males are being treated very poorly. They could make 20 different personalities, since all it takes is to write like 10-15 lines of text for each personality, and that would be way cheaper and easier then hiring actors to voice these 15 lines for 3 personalities.
Males in almost any Japanese H-games don't have voices, it's nothing new. I'm not saying that's it's right, but that's just how it is. Asians in general are very vocal against any male presence in their games, cuz "they are gonna steal their waifus", which is funny, because at least the Japanese audience is very much into NTR.
The reason why I'm somewhat hopeful is because extra male personalities, voiced or not, might bring some extra gameplay interactions. Again, it's way too optimistic for a modern Illusion game to have depth deeper than a rain puddle, but *insert Illusion game hype cycle meme here*.

decagem

Feb 20, 2024
Don't forget that characters have their own set of individual traits which greatly affect their behavior, regardless of their personalities.
With traits, it's perfectly possible to create guys that are "mother fucker goody two shoes" and also "virgin horny monkeys".

crowfield

Sep 10, 2019
Males in almost any Japanese H-games don't have voices, it's nothing new. I'm not saying that's it's right, but that's just how it is. Asians in general are very vocal against any male presence in their games, cuz "they are gonna steal their waifus", which is funny, because at least the Japanese audience is very much into NTR.
The reason why I'm somewhat hopeful is because extra male personalities, voiced or not, might bring some extra gameplay interactions. Again, it's way too optimistic for a modern Illusion game to have depth deeper than a rain puddle, but *insert Illusion game hype cycle meme here*.
I am actually completely in the same boat with you. I am also very optimistic about this game *insert Illusion game hype cycle meme here*. It's a miracle that they actually decided to create AA2 successor and it actually looks promising. I am actually very happy to see that some things look improved compared to AA2. But it is also evident that some things were cut, and male personalities is one of them. Whether they decided to leave males voiceless for the reasons you mentioned or not, they still managed to save some resources, so, considering how easy it is to make voiceless personalities, seeing only 2 is a little bit concerning for me, not optimistic.
Dude, I think I am traumatized after AI Shoujo incident. I was so hyped for it just to find out upon release that there are no male npcs in the game and the whole game just... yeah...

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2021
I am actually completely in the same boat with you. I am also very optimistic about this game *insert Illusion game hype cycle meme here*. It's a miracle that they actually decided to create AA2 successor and it actually looks promising. I am actually very happy to see that some things look improved compared to AA2. But it is also evident that some things were cut, and male personalities is one of them. Whether they decided to leave males voiceless for the reasons you mentioned or not, they still managed to save some resources, so, considering how easy it is to make voiceless personalities, seeing only 2 is a little bit concerning for me, not optimistic.
Dude, I think I am traumatized after AI Shoujo incident. I was so hyped for it just to find out upon release that there are no male npcs in the game and the whole game just... yeah...
Oh no, I'm not optimistic, just hopeful. Just a bit of hope in these dire times.

As for them "saving the resources", they've been saving resources with every release by reusing the same poses over and over. Didn't do much good in that regard, they were always dead set on making the best-looking worst game possible.

I just wish that this time, THIS TIME, it's gonna be different. If not, I'm jumping boat and gonna wait for that new KISS game instead.

decagem

Feb 20, 2024
I just wish that this time, THIS TIME, it's gonna be different.instead.
I think things won't be what you expect.

I say that because of Honey Come, which I humbly define as "a watered down knock off of Honey Select with astonishing visuals".

Given all currently available info, I'm faily certain SVS will deliver an "okay" AA2 experience.
Maybe, as more info becomes available, ILLGames surprises us all with a real Summer Vacation! Scramble, instead of this apparently lukewarm one.

KyoukoSakura

Best Girl
Donor
Nov 23, 2022
Given all currently available info, I'm faily certain SVS will deliver an "okay" AA2 experience.
Maybe, as more info becomes available, ILLGames surprises us all with a real Summer Vacation! Scramble, instead of this apparently lukewarm one.
It seems like at launch it won't be anything too spectacular, but as time goes on they will release more updates that make it much more fleshed out and definitively better than AA2.

Sep 21, 2021
I think things won't be what you expect.

I say that because of Honey Come, which I humbly define as "a watered down knock off of Honey Select with astonishing visuals".

I should emphasize, I don't "expect" it to be a good game. I just "hope" it will.
So your PoV pretty much lines up with what I do expect.

Reactions: _nyxx_
May 20, 2021
It's a small letdown that the males don't seem to be voiced, but I'm still hopeful they'll get one by release, or by a later update if we're getting a new male personality (or hopefully few).

My AA2 experiences usually are male chasing focused anyway so it'd be nice to not be the silent protagonist talking to equally silent men.

crowfield

Sep 10, 2019
May I ask, what parts of currently available info makes you think this way (that it will be okay and not better then AA2)?
Because my biggest problem with Illusion is that their previews always look great to me and make me exited and then actual product somehow manages to fail in ways I would never thought possible. AI Shoujo previews showed island living sim with building mechanics, life sim stuff like cooking, bathing and sleeping, as well as playable female characters. On release we got like 4 small locations with no life sim mechanics whatsoever, all the animations of sleeping, bathing and eating were just for poorly done initiation of H, and playable female characters were practically useless because FF had only like 2 animations and male npcs weren't even a thing.
So, I am legit curious, what parts of SVS preview make you feel negative?

acezero99

Nov 18, 2020
I'm just waiting to see if they show and explain all of the interaction/dialogue options. like is bullying and forced H still in the game? It seems like a blackmail-like option exists judging by one dialogue from a green-haired girl, at the very least.

crowfield

Sep 10, 2019
I'm just waiting to see if they show and explain all of the interaction/dialogue options. like is bullying and forced H still in the game? It seems like a blackmail-like option exists judging by one dialogue from a green-haired girl, at the very least.
Bullying and forced H ARE in the game, but we don't know if they were toned down or not.

acezero99

Nov 18, 2020
Bullying and forced H ARE in the game, but we don't know if they were toned down or not.
Kinda what I'm concerned about, but tbh I don't think they could tone it down worse than AA2's version. For example, Forced H would normally just end with the characters disliking you (unless they have a Masochist trait)... But we'll see if they use some black magic and somehow make it worse. Fingers crossed.

crowfield

Sep 10, 2019
Kinda what I'm concerned about, but tbh I don't think they could tone it down worse than AA2's version. For example, Forced H would normally just end with the characters disliking you (unless they have a Masochist trait)... But we'll see if they use some black magic and somehow make it worse. Fingers crossed.
It's not about consequences of forced H tho, it's about depiction. In AA2 characters had teary eyes during forced H, they could remove that, for example. Honey Come has teary eyes tho, so I see no reason to not include it in SVS. Also Honey Come has some positions that fall into forced H category, so I think in that regard SVS is good. They also could remove an inability to refuse forced H and label it as just "pushy" or "persistent" instead of "forced'. But then again, judging by Honey Come and how there is a blackmail mechanic in SVS, I think it should be fine.

Reactions: acezero99