Summer Vacation! Scrambled [ ILLGAMES ] サマバケ!すくらんぶる

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes

ciphertul

Jun 20, 2018
Cope mode engaged: But they are saying it is undecided. There is a possibility they can do it after japanese release, a lot of games/developers do this. Also, we don't know if this game is also using il2cpp or not yet.
Even if they don’t I hope someone will translate it anyways.

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Also, we don't know if this game is also using il2cpp or not yet.
Heck, if they actually took his message as a fan request, we might be able to send them a message about IL2CPP and how using it will hurt the mod community for the game. Sounds like they'd at least read it.

AbyssNova

Jul 1, 2022
Heck, if they actually took his message as a fan request, we might be able to send them a message about IL2CPP and how using it will hurt the mod community for the game. Sounds like they'd at least read it.
Too late for this game, but it might matter for future projects... if they want to build another engine

Cyberstarman

Jan 2, 2022
Too late for this game, but it might matter for future projects... if they want to build another engine
Talking about Illgames thinking about how their methods could hurt the mod community and changing their minds is VERY optimistic thinking.

Japan doesn't have the open-minded attitude towards game modding that the west does. They tend to see it as a violation of their intellectual rights.

As such, hindering the mod community could very well be viewed as a feature, not a bug.

Sep 21, 2021
Are you kidding right now? Dude, Illusion are AGAINST modding in general.
I don't know why(actually I do, it's because they want to milk the game by selling those boring costume DLCs, and modders do it basically for free), considering that it's the mods that save and popularize their half-baked games, sort of how modding does it to Bethesda games, but their stance on modding is extremely negative.

Periah250

Feb 6, 2022
why does it seem decagem is against this game? hes constantly trying to paint it in a bad light and that it absolutely WONT have an english version, when the email he sent made them go "eh we'll consider it".

-Agito-

Sep 23, 2017
why does it seem decagem is against this game? hes constantly trying to paint it in a bad light and that it absolutely WONT have an english version, when the email he sent made them go "eh we'll consider it".
I don't think he's against the game anymore than, other ppl who also voiced their own opinions here. Also, everyone has their own way of expressing themselves. To add even more, most of what he said, is actually fact, or a realistic view. Good example is alot of what he said, is about how " Illgames ", treated their previous games. If they made 5 games and all 5 games had the same problem, why would we give such a positive view, or be hopeful towards their 6th game? Pretty sure the decagem guy, wants the game to be good, just as much as everyone else, but doesn't mean he's gonna cope, or have wishful thinking, for a game made by a company, that makes the same mistakes each time. If I heard EA give a reply " eh, we'll consider it ", then I'm gonna assume that's a no as well. I'm pretty sure we'll get a English translation for this game. Maybe not by official means, but will get one regardless. Point is, from a company with a already bad rep here, u expect the worst, or keep expectations low.

Last edited:

Niwa95

Jun 15, 2020
I'll be honest, I don't want an official English translation of the game and I don't understand the people who do. Considering that modern Japanese to English translators enjoy fucking with the translations and the fact that eroge has had to censor itself more and more for western audiences (I think releasing eroge/visual novels on Steam was a mistake), I don't get the desire for an "official English translation". I guess I can kind of understand it in the case of visual novels as that's the only way the artwork can get uncensored, but uncensor patches for 3D eroge are a thing and an official English translation is not required for it.

Purple_Heart

Engaged Member
Oct 15, 2021
I'll be honest, I don't want an official English translation of the game and I don't understand the people who do.
I don't understand moon runes. How do you expect me to play something that I don't even understand?

-Agito-

Sep 23, 2017
I'll be honest, I don't want an official English translation of the game and I don't understand the people who do. Considering that modern Japanese to English translators enjoy fucking with the translations and the fact that eroge has had to censor itself more and more for western audiences (I think releasing eroge/visual novels on Steam was a mistake), I don't get the desire for an "official English translation". I guess I can kind of understand it in the case of visual novels as that's the only way the artwork can get uncensored, but uncensor patches for 3D eroge are a thing and an official English translation is not required for it.
I don't think it's about ppl caring about the " official " part, when they want a translation. I think it's more of the fact, that they don't want to worry about not having one, waiting for one, updating one, or might have to install this and that, just to get a fan one to work. Basically, it's not about the official translation, being better to them. They just want the game to be translated and be played as simple and easy as possible. Just my opinion on it.

Last edited:

Niwa95

Jun 15, 2020
I don't think it's about ppl caring about the " official " part, when they want a translation. I think it's more of the fact, that they don't want to worry about not having one, waiting for one, updating one, or might have to install this and that, just to get a fan one to work. Basically, it's not about the official translation, being better to them. They just want the game to be translated and be played as simple and easy as possible. Just my opinion on it.
I can get that mindset to an extent. But fan translations have gotten easier to implement overtime, so this issue feels moot to me.

-Agito-

Sep 23, 2017
I can get that mindset to an extent. But fan translations have gotten easier to implement overtime, so this issue feels moot to me.
Well, I would say that depends on the game honestly. I will say though, that it has gotten easier for games like this, because everything gets uploaded in a AIO Mod Pack. Me personally, I prefer my drag and drop the most, so I know what's in my actual game and game files. A lot of fan translations are also drag and drop, which is easy to install, but I know people who don't even wanna do that much.

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 8 Votes