Summer Vacation! Scrambled [ ILLGAMES ] サマバケ!すくらんぶる

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes

White Bomber

May 30, 2019
What's wrong with all you people, first that Decagem, now you, so damn pessimistic.
what's wrong with being pessimistic? its both grounded and realistic and sometime helps set a standard.

its better then building up crazy high expectation and then ending up with disappointment over it not living up to said expectation.

i was hyped when i first heard that it'll be similar to AA2,
i really wanted it to have the stuff that worked in AA2 & just improve on it.

when i read that they will not add yandere themes and death/soft looking thin male figures/short characters. it gave me the impression that they might make it a halfassed knockoff of AA2, as in they may play it safe and marketable without any risk or charm.

Last edited:

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
when i read that they will not add yandere themes and death/soft looking thin male figures/short characters. it gave me the impression that they might make it a knockoff of AA2, as in they may play it safe and marketable without any risk or charm.
Evil trait was confirmed to be in. It's only functions were Yandere behavior, rape, and murder. Blackmail and rape through it are also confirmed to be in. We've had no confirmation if death is still in or was taken out. Its not been mentioned in advertising either way. The idea that it was taken out is just something some posters got paranoid about.

The reason they got paranoid is because of the rumor that Illusion wants a "Softer" image, but this game is still in a classroom setting, which got Koikatsu in trouble before. Rape content also got them in trouble before. They're still doing classroom setting and the rape anyway. So, that rumor is just unfounded at this point.

Honestly, the more I see of this game and.... that other game I forget the name of from the other company spawned from Illusion, the more it sounds like Illusion just had an internal conflict about the company's direction and split in two. Rather than it solely being an image thing. Image may have been part of the internal conflict, but if that's the case, ILLGAMES doesn't seem worried by image if they're doing classroom/rape again right after Koikatsu got them in trouble for both of those things.

I've been on the more optimistic side of this thread, but even I expect to be let down by one thing or another.

Even so, this exact quote is my problem with a lot of the pessimistic posts in this thread. It's like they're grasping at straws and turning every "Maybe" or "Uncertain" into IllGames directly saying "It'll never happen specifically because we want to make you mad. Go fuck yourself."

Pessimism, cautious optimism, and what have you is all fine. However, there's pessimism and then there's just actively looking for things that aren't there to make yourself miserable with.

The only thing you said with clear precedence is that the height sliders in HoneyCome were very limited in how short or tall you could make people compared to their previous games. Which is the main thing I myself have doubts about, but that's easy to fix with mods cause its just unlocking the sliders.

acezero99

Nov 18, 2020
This game is looking like it's going to be Artificial Academy 2 with updated graphics and general QOL improvements. You should try out that game if you're interested in what's coming. (hopefully this upcoming game doesn't cut too many features though, they already cut male voices)

Sep 21, 2021
This game is looking like it's going to be Artificial Academy 2 with updated graphics and general QOL improvements. You should try out that game if you're interested in what's coming. (hopefully this upcoming game doesn't cut too many features though, they already cut male voices)
I don't remember any Illusion game ever to have male voices. Can't cut out something that wasn't there in the first place.

Aug 19, 2024
Hope for the best expect the worst.
More like take what developers advertise at face value.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To those convinced I'm against サマバケ!すくらんぶる (how ILLGAMES refers its 2nd title) all I have to say is:
Best regards,
decagem.

MEOWZERA

Aug 19, 2024
I really hope they have voiced male characters because I think it gives more personality to them and the game..

Niwa95

Jun 15, 2020
I really hope they have voiced male characters because I think it gives more personality to them and the game..
It's already been confirmed that the male personalities aren't voiced. I can only hope this is something modding can fix.

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
It's already been confirmed that the male personalities aren't voiced. I can only hope this is something modding can fix.
The best bet is maybe AI voices? That's the only option I could see happening. These types of games don't typically get voice-acted mods. Especially not male voices.

Hopefully the male voice issues is just a conundrum of them getting back on their feet like how some of HoneyCome's limitations were. Time will tell.

MEOWZERA

Aug 19, 2024
The best bet is maybe AI voices? That's the only option I could see happening. These types of games don't typically get voice-acted mods. Especially not male voices.

Hopefully the male voice issues is just a conundrum of them getting back on their feet like how some of HoneyCome's limitations were. Time will tell.
Dang what a shame but welp can’t complain about it

Suiko

Jun 7, 2017
I'm pretty sure Battle Raper 2 also had a voiced MC... at least during the battle segments. I clearly remember him shouting "ITADAKIMASU! (bon appetit)" during one of his attacks.

Bocoboco

Jan 18, 2018
AA1 and AA2 had male voices, Play Home had male voice acting for the MC during cutscenes at least, so did Premium Play Darkness and Yuusha. Some other games also definitely had male VAs, but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Anyway, as far expectations for this game goes, I don't really have any. I just want to watch the AI be silly.

Reactions: AT83
3.60 star(s) 8 Votes