goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I made a simple Scene Gallery for Act 1, just copied and pasted code and made this scene gallery.
Just extract to your game directory then run the game as normal.

EDIT:
Feedbacks are totally welcome on what I should fix, may take a while as I only do this on my free time.
Suggestion - try to make it so you don't need to replace existing files. Especially when you ship rpyc files instead of rpy files, so I can't see what you've done without decompiling your work. And don't ship rpyc files. Ship rpy files.

Reactions: Penfold Mole
Dec 9, 2017
Suggestion - try to make it so you don't need to replace existing files. Especially when you ship rpyc files instead of rpy files, so I can't see what you've done without decompiling your work. And don't ship rpyc files. Ship rpy files.
Thank you for your reply, I'm a little confused though.
Which file was replaced on the mod?
And what's the difference between zipping rpyc vs rpy?
I'm totally new to this so I'm still trying things out.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Thank you for your reply, I'm a little confused though.
Which file was replaced on the mod?
And what's the difference between zipping rpyc vs rpy?
I'm totally new to this so I'm still trying things out.
Your mod includes:
game/scripts/act1.rpyc
/gallery.rpyc
/screens.rpyc
Those look like they're replacing files in the game. If they're not, oops. I didn't look very closely because you included the rpyc files, not the rpy files.

rpy files are source code. rpyc files are compiled bytecode files. If a given rpy is newer than its rpyc (or the rpyc doesn't exist), Ren'Py will automatically create the rpyc from the rpy.

When you distribute your mod, you should include the rpy files, so people can look at your work without having to run unrpyc.py to get the rpy files from the rpyc files.

Also, you should say what version of the game your mod is for, if it could break on other versions.

Reactions: tempmine
Dec 9, 2017
Your mod includes:
game/scripts/act1.rpyc
/gallery.rpyc
/screens.rpyc
Those look like they're replacing files in the game. If they're not, oops. I didn't look very closely because you included the rpyc files, not the rpy files.

rpy files are source code. rpyc files are compiled bytecode files. If a given rpy is newer than its rpyc (or the rpyc doesn't exist), Ren'Py will automatically create the rpyc from the rpy.

When you distribute your mod, you should include the rpy files, so people can look at your work without having to run unrpyc.py to get the rpy files from the rpyc files.

Also, you should say what version of the game your mod is for, if it could break on other versions.
They are in a separate folder and will not replace any files at all. :D

I'll take note of that, I'll be including the rpy files on the next gallery (mod)(is this included as a mod? lol)

Thanks so much for your tips and suggestions!

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
They are in a separate folder and will not replace any files at all. :D

I'll take note of that, I'll be including the rpy files on the next gallery (mod)(is this included as a mod? lol)

Thanks so much for your tips and suggestions!
I suggest you put the mod name in either the script names or the folder the scripts are in. Best to be explicit. A name like "act1.rpy" is pretty generic. You can't tell by looking at the name if it's from the game or the mod.

Dec 9, 2017
I suggest you put the mod name in either the script names or the folder the scripts are in. Best to be explicit. A name like "act1.rpy" is pretty generic. You can't tell by looking at the name if it's from the game or the mod.
Thanks for your tips! I'll be sure to do that next upload :D

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
The visuals are pretty good and the animation is great, but the dialog and story are kinda shit. Why do most of these games have MC's that are so scummy. I get it, there is fantasy involved but does it really need to be so misogynistic. Can't the women just enjoy sex without being denigrated into whores and being abused. The scene with the "doctor" was terrible and unnecessary. Rape wasn't a tag, but sex when sleeping is and is blackmail for anal sex really necessary? She seems willing enough for everything else and open to having sex often, but you have to have anal sex and it needs to be forced on her (again rape). You can't come up with a way to convince her? I want anal sex...no...why?...because I don't want to...why...I don't want to...why?...I said no...too bad, I'm going to do it and destroy her ass. Such a caring, considerate person. lol Pretty juvenile dialog. He's an adult, take no for an answer don't rape her. Domination isn't one of the tags either.

3.50 star(s) 140 Votes