Mod Ren'Py Summer's Gone [Ch.5 Beta] - Music Restoration Mod [v1.3.0] [Azk66]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
1669465401449.jpg
Overview:

This mod adds an option to the Preferences screen to allow you to switch the music
back to the original soundtrack, before the licensing issues. The switch can be used
at any point during a party, and that will switch the upcoming songs (works with rollbacks).

Since Ocean, like others, put a lot of effort into their OST , might as well be able to enjoy
all the work, regardless of license holders questionable practices.

Updated: 2023-10-26
Created: 2023-01-04
Game/Creator: Summer's Gone / Oceanlab - - - - -
Modder: Azk66
Mod Version: v1.3.0
Game Version: Ch.5 Beta
Language: English
Other Mods: List of mods

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Compatibilities:

/!\ This mod should not be used with newer version of the game.
(Check the game version of the description, or title)
If so, it will replace every scene and dialogue to
the previous version anyway, since the file are replaced

Download:
- -

Missing cinematics for mod 1.3.0 in attached files

sg-mod-menu-preview.jpg

Last edited:

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
This is an amazing mod! I thought of doing this but didn't have the technological capability. Props to the creator.

Reactions: Azk66

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
This is an amazing mod! I thought of doing this but didn't have the technological capability. Props to the creator.
Thanks. If you are curious or want to see how it works, the mod contains the RPY file, that can be opened with any text editor (I suggest Visual Studio Code). You can take a look and mess around with them to see how it works

Reactions: `Ray`
May 21, 2019
Most of the free event songs work fine, but important scene songs are missing e.g. waykap - Give My All to You in scene with Bella, is it possible to restore them?

Last edited:

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
Most of the free event songs work fine, but important scene songs are missing e.g. waykap - Give My All to You in scene with Bella, is it possible to restore them?
Of course, if I forgot some feel free to point them out. I found the one you are refering to. It's in a scene from 3.5 but was added on v4.0. That is why I missed it.

Feel free to point them out, I will work immediately to restore them, and sorry for that

May 21, 2019
Of course, if I forgot some feel free to point them out. I found the one you are refering to. It's in a scene from 3.5 but was added on v4.0. That is why I missed it.

Feel free to point them out, I will work immediately to restore them, and sorry for that
You have nothing to apologize for, your mod helps in keeping the novel intact as the author intended and thank you for that.
I remember two moments without music: it's the date with Bella and the following basketball game.

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
You have nothing to apologize for, your mod helps in keeping the novel intact as the author intended and thank you for that.
I remember two moments without music: it's the date with Bella and the following basketball game.
Actually I just tried it and I have the music on Bella date. Just to be sure, we are talking about modding the 4.5 version of SG.
waykap - Give My All to You is playing as soon as the kiss cutscene is over (first render after the cutscene) if the option is set to "Restored version (SG 3.5)". Replace that file just to be sure (it's in game/season1) and maybe check if you have the file "game/azkMod/music/QuietRomance/Waykap - Give My All To You.ogg" and if it's working when you try to play it.

If you have all that, then I really don't get it

May 21, 2019
Actually I just tried it and I have the music on Bella date. Just to be sure, we are talking about modding the 4.5 version of SG.
waykap - Give My All to You is playing as soon as the kiss cutscene is over (first render after the cutscene) if the option is set to "Restored version (SG 3.5)". Replace that file just to be sure (it's in game/season1) and maybe check if you have the file "game/azkMod/music/QuietRomance/Waykap - Give My All To You.ogg" and if it's working when you try to play it.

If you have all that, then I really don't get it
It's really strange, I have all the mod files, the option is in the menu on and the song plays outside the game, but in the game itself it is muffled. Perhaps something went wrong when i installing the mod, later I delete and reinstall it on a clean version. Thanks for help.

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
It's really strange, I have all the mod files, the option is in the menu on and the song plays outside the game, but in the game itself it is muffled. Perhaps something went wrong when i installing the mod, later I delete and reinstall it on a clean version. Thanks for help.
Sorry I couldn't find the cause yet. Beside the mod is not compatible with other mod, since it replace the same files, or overwrites labels (this includes incest patch and WT mods)

Reactions: Cahmon and 6pak2go
May 21, 2019
Sorry I couldn't find the cause yet. Beside the mod is not compatible with other mod, since it replace the same files, or overwrites labels (this includes incest patch and WT mods)
Okay, here's what I got: Summer's gone i downloaded from f95 and then installing the mod according to the instructions "Unzip the mod and put the "game" folder in your Summer's Gone root directory (where the original game folder is). Overwrite files when asked." nothing worked, but if you pull the files out of azkMod and put them in the game folder, the music starts working (cinematic with the punch from Nami still does not work). I also have a steam version of Leap of Faith and i seen you have exactly same mod for it, i instail mod according to the instructions, there are no such problems and everything works perfectly, is that a problem with f95 SG or i did something wrong?

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
Okay, here's what I got: Summer's gone i downloaded from f95 and then installing the mod according to the instructions "Unzip the mod and put the "game" folder in your Summer's Gone root directory (where the original game folder is). Overwrite files when asked." nothing worked, but if you pull the files out of azkMod and put them in the game folder, the music starts working (cinematic with the punch from Nami still does not work). I also have a steam version of Leap of Faith and i seen you have exactly same mod for it, i instail mod according to the instructions, there are no such problems and everything works perfectly, is that a problem with f95 SG or i did something wrong?
I don't think it's a problem with F95 SG version, they should be the same. This is driving me crazy, it should work :eek::eek::eek:
I just tried and I do get the Nami punch video...
I don't know how far you want to go, but if you're ok with that, if you can zip your game folder after install and upload it, I could see and compare every source file and path inside, to see what went wrong (you can remove the "azkMod/music" folder before zipping to reduce the size by some 90%)

May 21, 2019
I don't think it's a problem with F95 SG version, they should be the same. This is driving me crazy, it should work :eek::eek::eek:
I just tried and I do get the Nami punch video...
I don't know how far you want to go, but if you're ok with that, if you can zip your game folder after install and upload it, I could see and compare every source file and path inside, to see what went wrong (you can remove the "azkMod/music" folder before zipping to reduce the size by some 90%)

My SG files in current state, i don't deleted or changed anything if that may be important in discover problem.

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020

My SG files in current state, i don't deleted or changed anything if that may be important in discover problem.
Thanks I think I found the problem
Here is your game folder :

1677780004958.png

but it should be like this :

1677780086057.png

and this is the content of azkMod, inside game folder :

1677780072046.png

Cinematics should be next to music folder inside azkMod, for it to work, only season1 is supposed to be directly in game folder

May 21, 2019
and this is the content of azkMod, inside game folder :

View attachment 2432367

Cinematics should be next to music folder inside azkMod, for it to work, only season1 is supposed to be directly in game folder
That how my folders look in first place (when music nor punch cinematic work), but when i change files like i did music begin to work, but not Nami cinematic. I recreate screen you shot and music stop working, this scheme work in Leap of Faith but not here, it should work...but it's not.

Last edited:
May 21, 2019
In version i gave you, it has two saves: before Nami's punch and before Bella's music start playing, both don't work without mod, but in this version only punch don't work.

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
That how my folders look in first place (when music nor punch cinematic work), but when i change files like i did music begin to work, but not Nami cinematic. I recreate screen you shot and music stop working, this scheme work in Leap of Faith but not here, it should work...but it's not.
Ok maybe I got something : PatchSG.rpy is rewriting some of the labels of the game (meaning it bypass the modification I made on my mod)

try this one

To reinstall :

Delete PatchSG.rpy and PatchSG.rpyc
Delete season1, music and Cinematics folders
Delete musicmod.rpy and musicmod.rpyc
Delete screens-overwrite.rpy and screens-overwrite.rpyc

Extract my mod again (both azkMod and season1 folder directly into game)
Add the PatchSG.rpy of my message in game folder

Retry

Reactions: arasobakayebaka
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote