Mod Ren'Py Summer's Gone [Ch.5 Beta] - Music Restoration Mod [v1.3.0] [Azk66]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
I'm playing blindly for the first time and I just finished the first episode (I think...:D) without any problem. When the second episode starts I get a message saying that "everything will be redone in the future" and the quality of the game plummets but the worst thing is that there is no more music or any sound, just muted gameplay :FacePalm:!
Does this mod add some music to episode 2? The truth is that the first episode was very good even in the censored version that I'm probably playing.
Thanks.

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
I'm playing blindly for the first time and I just finished the first episode (I think...:D) without any problem. When the second episode starts I get a message saying that "everything will be redone in the future" and the quality of the game plummets but the worst thing is that there is no more music or any sound, just muted gameplay :FacePalm:!
Does this mod add some music to episode 2? The truth is that the first episode was very good even in the censored version that I'm probably playing.
Thanks.
Statistically, there is fewer music in the second episode if I remember correctly. But the mod does restore the original ones, so you'll have a few more. You can switch between original and reworked at will during the game.

You will never here me say the censored version is not good, that's why I made the mod that way. but if I may offer some advice, the mod also restore some cinematics removed because of censorship, that I think everyone should see ^^. If you have the time and are willing, you should try the mod, even for the first chapter. The censorship of the opening cinatics was so sad I could have cried when I noticed it.

I truly not saying that to convince you to try my work, but to see the incredible effort of Ocean on both original and rework. That man knows how to choose a soundtrack to improve his scenes

Reactions: PickerLewd

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Statistically, there is fewer music in the second episode if I remember correctly. But the mod does restore the original ones, so you'll have a few more. You can switch between original and reworked at will during the game.

You will never here me say the censored version is not good, that's why I made the mod that way. but if I may offer some advice, the mod also restore some cinematics removed because of censorship, that I think everyone should see ^^. If you have the time and are willing, you should try the mod, even for the first chapter. The censorship of the opening cinatics was so sad I could have cried when I noticed it.

I truly not saying that to convince you to try my work, but to see the incredible effort of Ocean on both original and rework. That man knows how to choose a soundtrack to improve his scenes
Thanks for the answer (y). I thought there were only music tracks removed due to copyright but reading a bit I see that there are removed cinematics too :eek:.
Which option do you recommend? I mean to enjoy the best experience, this mod + Uncensor patch or just this mod?

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
Thanks for the answer (y). I thought there were only music tracks removed due to copyright but reading a bit I see that there are removed cinematics too :eek:.
Which option do you recommend? I mean to enjoy the best experience, this mod + Uncensor patch or just this mod?
To be honest, I don't know if the uncensor version is meant to restore the original story as imagined by Ocean or if it's just made by a third party to add family or incest. I usually go for the original story, whatever it contains. You can try both. based on your preferences. The only major changes are Nami and MC are blood relatives and Nojiko is their mother's friend and adopted them. Also Victoria and Maja are sisters in the uncensor version. It seems more realistic than them just being friends, to be honest.

Reactions: PickerLewd

Schattenfang

May 29, 2017
The Elijah Ford songs will be removed with the next WiaB/SG releases. Who will light the Azk66 sign?

Last edited:
May 15, 2018
is there a way to play certain music, in specific scenes? for example I always used to play Velvethead - Why Don't We Feel It, in the scenes where they were training basketball (chapter 3,5 and 4), but now I can't u.u at least in chapter 4.

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
is there a way to play certain music, in specific scenes? for example I always used to play Velvethead - Why Don't We Feel It, in the scenes where they were training basketball (chapter 3,5 and 4), but now I can't u.u at least in chapter 4.
I don't quite understand. How were you playing specific songs if the game wasn't meant to play them at this time ?

May 15, 2018
I don't quite understand. How were you playing specific songs if the game wasn't meant to play them at this time ?
you could play this song in chapter 4 in the training they do (which zara accompanies you), but it seems that it was removed in 4.5 and sadly the mod don restore her u.u

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
you could play this song in chapter 4 in the training they do (which zara accompanies you), but it seems that it was removed in 4.5 and sadly the mod don restore her u.u
I checked the source code of the Chapter 4 version of the game and I don't find it. The training scene startswith a playlist containing

Sound and Vision - This Party Bussin
Late Kids - Run.ogg
Elijah Ford - Try as you might

and that's all I can see.

Mr_Mister

Jan 9, 2020
hey AZK66 ! , hope you're having a fine day .

i've been trying modify the fight scene in chapter 2 to fit with the remake fight scene ,
so i chopped the video in 2 parts #1 video :mc clenching his fits and hitting Sai (cinematic stopped at the exact moment Sai's head turns right from the hit spitting blood ) then transition to remake scene and #2 video : Mc walking in the corridor (cinematic starts after Mc accidentally crash with Sasha and her sister trying to get out of the classroom and stops before Mc crash with Sasha and her sister in the original cinematic).
here is my question ! , i've been having problems with the transitions , transitions always get a 1 second of the cinematic replaying so may you give me some suggestions on how to make the transitions seamless .

thank you for dedicate precious personal time to read this post .

View attachment McFightSaidx1.webm
View attachment McFightSaidx2.webm

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
I updated the mod but I don't have time to test it yet. I have to stop for tonight, I'lk try and polish it if needed tomorrow

Mr_Mister I don't understand why I was not notified about this message.

Unfortunately, I don't dabble much in Renpy syntax. I just edit the scripts to add bits of code, but I have no particular knowledge about transitions and stuff like that, sorry :cry:

Seronda

Dec 10, 2017
I updated the mod but I don't have time to test it yet. I have to stop for tonight, I'lk try and polish it if needed tomorrow

Mr_Mister I don't understand why I was not notified about this message.

Unfortunately, I don't dabble much in Renpy syntax. I just edit the scripts to add bits of code, but I have no particular knowledge about transitions and stuff like that, sorry :cry:
Do you know who is responsible for the lewd patch for chapter 5 beta?

I asked on the general chat, but of course, is like drop of water in a lake.

I ask due to my computer detects a virus trojan in it...

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
Do you know who is responsible for the lewd patch for chapter 5 beta?

I asked on the general chat, but of course, is like drop of water in a lake.

I ask due to my computer detects a virus trojan in it...
I don't but I have a feeling it will not be maintained. Either way, this mod does not support the incest patch anymore. Installing it will not cause error, but it will silently disabled my mod

Seronda

Dec 10, 2017
I don't but I have a feeling it will not be maintained. Either way, this mod does not support the incest patch anymore. Installing it will not cause error, but it will silently disabled my mod
Why not support it anymore?

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
Why not support it anymore?
Because up until 4.5 we could easily believe that the original story was Nami and Nika being siblings (same last name with Nojiko who adopted them, parents died the same way at the same time, few inconsistency in the scripts, etc...) But now the script is modified to remove all these. And I believe the story will take those details more heavily into account from now on.

If someone maintains the patch, he will not only have to change friend to brother/sister, he will need to change more things. To clarify, this is something I think, my best guess, not something I know for sure.

As for my mod, well it's a lot of additional work to update both the script and the ipatch. So if it's not canon, I won't do it. This mod was supposed to give access to Ocean's original work in addition to current work.

Seronda

Dec 10, 2017
From what I'm seeing is not so different story wise, at least in the beginning for a I patch to have some problem...

I just hope that doesn't affect WIAB as well, it is quite a joke without the patch...

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
From what I'm seeing is not so different story wise, at least in the beginning for a I patch to have some problem...

I just hope that doesn't affect WIAB as well, it is quite a joke without the patch...
I think it will depend if he intend to release it on Steam or not. I'm guessing he won't leave any wiggle room in that case.

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
I found an error in the mod. A cinematic is missing from the file. I put it here, and also on the main post

Reactions: opasdwer15
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote