Mod Ren'Py Summer's Gone [Ch.5 Beta] - Music Restoration Mod [v1.3.0] [Azk66]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Sep 3, 2020
I think you do. You will be missing the cinematic at the end of chapter 3 for example (no Rue during MC and Bella date preparation, you won't accept that :p ) You''ll be missing SUmmer and MC kiss in chapter one (you'll have the cinematic but without Always been a dreamer, the Bella MC date on the car eating burger is different too

Your version was a rough Beta sorry :(
you don't have anything to be sorry about brother

especially since I was one of the beta testers

I should have checked it again
:p

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
Sorry for the mistake, people. I just uploaded v1.2.1 with all missing cinematics I could find (during work hour, I rushed again a bit, I hope I didn't miss anything this time)
Still not working for me for some reason. I did everything right. Copied the game folder over, and replaced files. Enabled it in options. Still getting the monk sounding opening intro cinematic. I'll try deleting the folder and copying over the new zip.

Last edited:

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
WT mod is also not working with this mod.
Yes and it probably never will. WT and restoration change the exact same file, rewriting them. That means that either one of us has to add the features of the other mod to its own mod. I have no time to do that.

Once Ocean is finished with the changes in Chapter 1 to 4, I will add a WT option to mine (already started working on it) for those chapters, and let the other chapter handled by Scrappy mod

Reactions: Bella Von Halen

Seronda

Dec 10, 2017
The song of Bella Mama cinematic is not replaced with the original, neither the vanessa stripping original song

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
The song of Bella Mama cinematic is not replaced with the original, neither the vanessa stripping original song
Are you sure you downloaded the 1.2.1 version of the mod ? Because the problem was indeed in the earlier version but was reported fixed with the latest version

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
What do you mean by " This mod should not be used with new version of the game. " ?

Shouldn't it be used with ch. 4.5 full? o_O

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
What do you mean by " This mod should not be used with new version of the game. " ?

Shouldn't it be used with ch. 4.5 full? o_O
This one should be used with 4.5 Full. I was meaning to say that the mod shouldn't be used if it's not updated.

Let's say ch 5 beta is released now (if only...), using this mod, meant for 4.5 full will prevent you from seeing all the change made by Ocean from chapter 1 to 4, since you will be replacing them by the mod file, which are those from 4.5 full. You'd be missing the updated dialogues, renders, etc...

EDIT: I always write the game version for the mod, to avoid errors

Last edited:
Reactions: Ottoeight

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
This one should be used with 4.5 Full. I was meaning to say that the mod shouldn't be used if it's not updated.

Let's say ch 5 beta is released now (if only...), using this mod, meant for 4.5 full will prevent you from seeing all the change made by Ocean from chapter 1 to 4, since you will be replacing them by the mod file, which are those from 4.5 full. You'd be missing the updated dialogues, renders, etc...

EDIT: I always write the game version for the mod, to avoid errors
Am I right assuming that after installing your 4.5 Full mod the only differences between the normal game version and the restored game version are:
- the music
- restored version restores the cinematic intro with the raccoon and the Nami vs Bella confrontation cinematic; restores the MC fights Sai scene replacing the new static pictures?

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
Am I right assuming that after installing your 4.5 Full mod the only differences between the normal game version and the restored game version are:
- the music
- restored version restores the cinematic intro with the raccoon and the Nami vs Bella confrontation cinematic; restores the MC fights Sai scene replacing the new static pictures?
Yes that is what it should be. If you find a difference not linked to that, it's probably an error (or a choice I made that I don't remember ^^)

May 21, 2019
Today I looked at the both music files yours and Ocean, found out Scott Buckley - Nightfall and Resonance both Resonance at some point, also missing Vesky - Dreams in chapter 3.

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
Today I looked at the both music files yours and Ocean, found out Scott Buckley - Nightfall and Resonance both Resonance at some point, also missing Vesky - Dreams in chapter 3.
I haven't touch Scott Buckley's song since he did not removce them, so they should be working exactly the same in both version, except when they were used to take the place of removed songs (like in chapter 3.5, the scene with the journalist)

As for Vesky - Dreamstate, I can't find it anywhere in chapter 3. If I missed it and you do, please tell me which scene and I'll fix it

May 21, 2019
I haven't touch Scott Buckley's song since he did not removce them, so they should be working exactly the same in both version, except when they were used to take the place of removed songs (like in chapter 3.5, the scene with the journalist)

As for Vesky - Dreamstate, I can't find it anywhere in chapter 3. If I missed it and you do, please tell me which scene and I'll fix it
No, no...not Dreamstate, Vesky - Dreams it's in cinematic when MC go in parking and see Bella with her car(not chapter 3 my mistake, it's chapter 2 before rework), but if this scene is reworked, i don't know should you restore this music in her or just skip. And about Nightfall and Resonance they both in Music.rpa different names but the same core.

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
No, no...not Dreamstate, Vesky - Dreams it's in cinematic when MC go in parking and see Bella with her car(not chapter 3 my mistake, it's chapter 2 before rework), but if this scene is reworked, i don't know should you restore this music in her or just skip. And about Nightfall and Resonance they both in Music.rpa different names but the same core.
Ok now I see which one you are talking about. I decided not to restore because chapter 2 rework was really heavy and I thought, it's not a question of licensing music anymore, it's probably a choice Ocean made.

Reactions: arasobakayebaka
May 21, 2019
Ok now I see which one you are talking about. I decided not to restore because chapter 2 rework was really heavy and I thought, it's not a question of licensing music anymore, it's probably a choice Ocean made.
Also about Music.rpa it have Beza - Save myself and this version of song corrupt with copyright repeated site name, don't know does it affect perception in game, but just so you know.
found out Scott Buckley - Nightfall and Resonance both Resonance at some point
Can you try replacing the false Nightfall with the real one, it's either Ocean mistake or copyright issue, just suggestion*

Last edited:

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
Also about Music.rpa it have Grace Mesa - Save Myself and this version of song corrupt with copyright repeated site name, don't know does it affect perception in game, but just so you know.
Don't know either, but I am not touch what is inside the archives, just adding songs when needed

Can you try replacing the false Nightfall with the real one, it's either Ocean mistake or copyright issue, just suggestion*
On it. I just need a little time cause I'm swamped with work these days. I'll notify you when it's done

Reactions: arasobakayebaka

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
Thank you
I was just checking both songs. The Scott Buckley - Nightfall.ogg and Scott Buckley - Resonance.ogg are the exact same music all the way back to 3.5 version of the game.

As far as I can tell, it was always this way since 3.5. Since my mod is supposed to preserve the original experience of the players (before the licensing issues) I cannot change the song, since it was not technically in the game n the first place.

Also, I checked on Oceanlab's Discord, this was reported as a bug back in 2021, but Ocea's answer lead me to believe that it was a mistake. He seems to think that they are more or less the same song. I think he didn't realize that they are both different.

Anyway, my mod only restore music that were removed, not add music that were not in the game in the first place.
Sorry arasobakayebaka

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
So when can I use this mod with Scrappy's wt mod?
I honestly don't know. WT mod and Music restoration rewrite the exact same files. Since my mod restore the music up until chapter 4, I could add my own WT mod for the first 4 Chapter, but I don't have the time to do it yet.

The only other option would be to try to combine my mod and Scrappy's WT mod. Same problem, short time supply these days (it's not a lame excuse, I don't have a lot of mods here, but I'm dropping all of them but this one to save time)

For the time being, I don't have a solution for you, and I'm sorry for that

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote