Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Basically what he said. After reworking up until the basketball game and maybe the Bella date, the game would be much more even en terms of render quality, even if his skill improves that won't render the previously reworked chapters completely obsolete.
Chapter 3.5 contains the Basketball scene and Bella date . There is no way this getting reworked.
Chapter 3 has the complete gym invite, shopping and barber stuff in it.
Chapter 2 is blessed with the first gym visit, first Bella visit, the heist and Vic reha stuff. It ends with Nika promise Maja or not.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

Hello,

I'm on the finish line for the Chapter 2 rework, a few more renders, and some postwork and it's mostly done. (I will do the cinematic at a later point.)

Chapter 5 is around 70 renders in, and I'm breezing through it. I have so much more drive for the new chapters than reworking the old ones. But it has to be done.

Mila has been quite the controversial character so far (Regarding how I changed her looks etc.)
While I was reworking the cafe scene, I loaded an ancient scene up. Old Chapter 2 Mila was there and I thought... Hmm, let's make a small comparison of all the Milas.
I loaded up Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 1 Rework, and Chapter 5 (recent) Mila.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The hip ratio of Mila from Ch2 & Ch3 was absolutely fucked. I must've changed her for the first time in Chapter 3 when she got her new hair in the gym.
The left Mila from Chapter 1... Yeah... What can I say? I should've used some scale when I sculpted that... and touched some grass. Sorry about that!

Anyways, I like the recent Mila a lot, and I sculpted her in a way that I think is natural. This one's gonna stay.

In the last WiAB log, I did publish some additional renders. (Treats). I will do the same for SG now. There's no must to it, I will publish them whenever I've got some.
You can find some Mila Treats

Previews:
Let's get to some Chapter 2 previews.
Old Vic
New Vic
Old Mila
New Mila (Recent one)
Bad news for the people who like this hair on Mila. Its quality sadly sucks hard, and I won't be using it in the future again. I have an alternative hairstyle for Mila that I really dig in one of the
Old Silvie (DBD Killer #2)
New Silvie
Old Bellchen
New Bellchen
Old Bibi Bellchen & Sister
New Bibi Bellchen & Sister
Innocent Chapter 5 Preview

For those that are still waiting on an answer in a private message, I'm getting to it! I had collected over 90 messages just in the weeks after my move.
I'll answer every single message.

- Ocean
Is it just me, or does anyone else favor the old version of the portrait regarding Bella and her sister (i.e. Old Bibi Bellchen & Sister) ?

The new version (New Bibi Bellchen & Sister) looks like there are......... 2 mini Bella clones?

I mean even aside from the fact that the 2 sisters are sporting the exact same hairstyles, the fact that Bella when she was little is sporting exact same style she is currently just seems a bit too much.

I mean she's a kid, so it's okay for a kid Bella to have a different hairstyle (yet, having her with this hairstyle just seems like Ocean is trying a bit too hard with "Look! It's a mini-Bella!)

Though there are some stuff that I like too.
Such as New Bellchen compared to Old Bellchen, as well as Innocent Chapter 5 preview.

With Mila, personally I didn't mind the pigtails hairstyle of her character, and tbh I'm not sure where Ocean is finding it sucks hard (I guess he's been unhappy with the style since the rework, and decided to scrap the style in favor for a new one).

Her alternative style......uhhh looks a bit generic in my eyes.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
Is it just me, or does anyone else favor the old version of the portrait regarding Bella and her sister (i.e. Old Bibi Bellchen & Sister) ?

I liked the old pose better, not the sisters in it.
And if Ocean wants to state they were twins he pretty nailed it with that picture. I gotta admit I am not 100% sure if it was ever mentioned if they are twins or are year or more apart directly.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Ocean is doing a lot more than just a few cosmetic fixes to CH 1 & 2.

The primary focus of all this rework is to make SG a consistently high-quality experience that flows well - all in preparation for a Steam release, likely during 2/3q 2023.

In addition, he has said that there will be sexy time that includes Bella and Sasha in Season 2 - so during the CH 6 - 10 parts of the story (two different routes per the great LI roster put together by lonelyk)

https://f95zone.to/threads/summers-gone-ch-4-5-beta-oceanlab.29981/post-6400878

Here is part of his dev log from Jan 16, 2023:

2. I re-rendered 338 renders for Chapter 3.5. I didn't actively work on them, I just changed a texture, and put them all in the queue... It took a lot of time to render them all... But it had to be done. I will give a more straightforward explanation of why I had to do this when the Full version is out.

3. I redid the fight with Sai & his friend in Chapter 3. The little cinematic is now gone and I replaced it with stills.

Sasha-Ch3 1.png

Regarding Chapter 5.

I will start with its development in a few days. (While redoing the Dreams Cinematic in Chapter 2. (The one with Bella on her car)).

I'm also completely recovered from the flu/covid.

1. Previews
In the new Chapter 2, there's now a new route... You don't need to replay the game for it. But I advise you to at least play through that part once. Just to see what happens so that you won't be surprised in the future.

Sasha friend 2.png

So CH 4.5 Full will get a lot more than just re-rendering the first half of CH 2.

We also get a new path (supporting the new/upgraded Sasha route) + we get updates to content in both CH 3 and CH 3.5.

While all this is happening, Ocean is now working on CH 5 as well as spending significant time with the concurrent development of WIAB.

Here is a plug for Summers Gone:

If you try it and like it enough to return for another download, then please consider a no $ cost way to support SG:

Wishlist it on Steam.

If you can afford to support on Patreon or SS with a $ pledge, that's great, but for some who cannot, this is an easy way to support SG.

We can help to make Summers Gone a big hit on Steam, and the increased revenue that Ocean gets will help with building his team, resourcing him to hire freelancers to create environments, like the stadium, and - of course - adding to the great music that so many of us love.

Cheers to the weekend! :coffee:

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
I liked the old pose better, not the sisters in it.
And if Ocean wants to state they were twins he pretty nailed it with that picture. I gotta admit I am not 100% sure if it was ever mentioned if they are twins or are year or more apart directly.
That's what I was thinking. In the old one it seems Bella was the oldest for 1 or 2 years, but in this I think it's kinda obvious they're twins. Wouldn't be the first time he changes something from the original concept of the VN, let's remember the 'Dark path' was completely removed, so I don't see why he wouldn't change this about Bella and sis.

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
Oh look there is an ingame scene just for people like you

And look freedom of speech and all, but if you repeat it in every second post it gets tiresome. We all got now that you don't like the MC.
i just love when people use the novel to do this kind of shit akakakaakakaak

Reactions: Old Man Al

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
Even with the downsize (which is basically a reset to her original look) I would say that Mila does rather well in that department. I mean...

If that's too small for you.... maybe look up Annie Hawkins-Turner. :HideThePain:

As for me, I guess I'm lucky in that I have more modest preferences when it comes to breast size so SG more than delivers.

This is all it takes to make me happy.
For me she is something like this girl right now, maybe ima still asleep trough :V
1676113405243.png

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
I love the new Mila's body, she's still quite the definition of curvy but also feels more natural.
I hope he does the same comparison for Victoria. I feel that in the last update she also went a bit out of scale.

As for the change to Bella's sister, he either did it for story reasons or to make her loss more impactful on Bella.
Both reasons are fine in my book.

lonelyk

Feb 12, 2019
Because most of us who complained are here since 2019 and were introduced to Mila and grew to like her as she is. To then have her boobs get the botox treatment out of nowhere was very "jarring". This wouldn't have been a big deal if she was originally super well-endowed.

View attachment 2382006 View attachment 2382007 View attachment 2382008
This explains it perfectly. I love boobs. Hell, I like Bella from BaDIK who happens to have enormous boobs. The thing is that Mila didn't use to look like this. Her appereance was different, original yet very and attractive and likeable, then all of sudden Ocean makes the rework and he not only makes tweaks to her face and clothes, but he also adds 2 gigantic things that weren't there before. If she had been like this since the beginning no one would have said anything, but it was the drastic sudden change that made many notice and maybe not like it too much.
Well guys, I can definitely respect this point of view. I was shocked by the Ch1 model at first too. But it is oversimplifying to say that the model in Ch1 rework was just bigger boobs. Mila's model is larger, she has clearly wider shoulders, and her boobs were expanded to match that extra width. And as I'm sure all of you know your math, if you add to the diameter of her boobs they will get a lot bigger to stay in proportion. Personally I liked that build past the initial shock. That's different from the typical LI slim frame and that was absolutely within belief. I think that was needed diversity. I saw someone say she remains above the competition but I disagree. If she does, it is by a minimal margin. Bella, Victoria, Nadia, Zara all now have boobs similar to hers in my opinion. I swear I read earlier Ocean write that Mila would always remain with the far bigger boobs but my Discord is acting up and I can't look for it.

Is there going to be anything going on with the teacher and the MC who plowed into ..I can't remember her name. Victoria?
Yeah, if you're into her you're in luck, Marla is a main LI.

Last edited:

hahequ

Apr 17, 2022
Finally some people that defend big booba Mila
2omb-prayge.gif
Also Ocean should be much more confident of himself and what HE wants to do, it is a bit hillarious that he changed a model of an character so many times because some people on the internet prefer to have "perfect" bodytype on every girl
Imagine the outrage if there was a girl with muscles and abs

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
View attachment 2383772
Also Ocean should be much more confident of himself and what HE wants to do, it is a bit hillarious that he changed a model of an character so many times because some people on the internet prefer to have "perfect" bodytype on every girl
Mila is awesome.
A hardworking girl that still smiles often even if life has been hard on her since she was little, because of her shitty parents.

Her wonderful body is just a bonus imo.

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
View attachment 2383772
Hey, anyone have their tastes. Some like new big boob Mila, some of us like big boobs but prefer the old one or something resembling to her original self for reasons that I explained above.
But I don't think Ocean changed it 'many times cause some people on the internet' kept complaining, he changed her (and not only her model, but other things in the game) cause he's a perfectionist and he can't help himself :KEK:
There's a reason why among aaaaaaaaall the changes he has made, Mila is one of the few that keeps being mentioned the most, but that's just my opinion.

Frowster

Nov 4, 2022
Mila is awesome.
A hardworking girl that still smiles often even if life has been hard on her since she was little, because of her shitty parents.

Her wonderful body is just a bonus imo.
Full package, that one. That she's a bit of an underdog speaks to the strength of the other gals... But doesn't change the fact that she's great.

I can't speak for Ocean, but I don't think he changed her model because of people complaining but because he realized the changes went further than he intended. As he said in the dev log in which he addressed this, he didn't change her boob size (or Victoria's) at all; he just did some sculpting which added a bunch of extra layers to her boobs, resulting in the look we see in Chapter 1.

His exact words:

So, I got a few DMs and comments on Patreons/SS that made me aware that I might have fucked up the tiddy sculpts of Vic and Mila.
I didn't actually increase their boob sizes but instead sculpted with the "Clay" brush. This brush adds layers... and after hours of sculpting in low res, I might have lost the novelty and sense of how it was supposed to look.

Downsizing it was not caving in to pressure, but fixing a bug, so to speak. Sorry you feel robbed, guys, but he didn't mean for her to look that way... and that's even though he always envisioned her as curvy.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 499 Votes