Mod Ren'Py Summer's Gone [Ch. 5 Beta] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
my game is crashing after extracting the last mod version on my Folder.
the game works fine without mods, Do we have some step im missing?

thanks in advance.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
my game is crashing after extracting the last mod version on my Folder.
the game works fine without mods, Do we have some step im missing?

thanks in advance.
The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN. Try that and report back please.

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN. Try that and report back please.
Found the problem, it appears that creating a folder with "SummersGoneCh5Beta - SanchoMod"
even if empty was doxxing my run.

I normally paste the full folder and cut/paste the contents after into the game root.

TLDR the empty folder broke my game, worked fine without it. Thanks LOL

Reactions: Sancho1969

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
OK well thanks mate, only reason I asked about Amber is I asked who the LI are after the last update in the game thread and was told she is one of the main LI.

SPOILERS for anyone seeing this, this is what I was told, so give or take with a grain of salt.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

newdawn75

Feb 22, 2023
I'm having an issue, the mod seems to be working except for the choice guide, nothing shows up in the dialog for points or whatever when choices need to be made. and choice guide is enabled

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm having an issue, the mod seems to be working except for the choice guide, nothing shows up in the dialog for points or whatever when choices need to be made. and choice guide is enabled
Then it's not installed correctly and/or you did more than the installation requires. Do this then report back. Don't do anything other than those exact two steps.

newdawn75

Feb 22, 2023
Then it's not installed correctly and/or you did more than the installation requires. Do this then report back. Don't do anything other than those exact two steps.
Fixed It was my fault I removed something from the mod (the patch) because I didn't want to have them addressing themselves as family when they are not. So I just put patch back in and restarted game and choices show up.

• Angry
Reactions: Havik79

Barenchi

Donor
Apr 23, 2017
Hi ! Just wanted to drop a quick thank you for the 'Summer's Gone' mod. The animated menus, smart SanchoMod save feature, in-game walkthroughs, and customization options have truly elevated the game experience. Your dedication to detail and player experience is evident in every feature. It's a game-changer for the community. Kudos to you!

Cheers,

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sancho1969

Drankz

Sep 2, 2021
Hi there, Sancho! I'm embarrassed to ask this after seeing all the work you've done on this mod. But... is there any way of using your mod without the lewd patch? I really love your mods and I even play with another mod. But I would love to play again with your mod again. For this VN, I don't think the patch works well (IMO).

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
The girl in the photograph with Bella is referred to as "Bella's friend", even by Amber, is, if I understand correctly, her sister.
I mean, they look like identical twins. Discussions in the SG MT imply that they are siblings.

Is it a flaw in the mod or have Ocean made a mistake?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The girl in the photograph with Bella is referred to as "Bella's friend", even by Amber, is, if I understand correctly, her sister.
I mean, they look like identical twins. Discussions in the SG MT imply that they are siblings.

Is it a flaw in the mod or have Ocean made a mistake?
Well... if there's a dialogue reference issue then it's either the base VN or the "patch" file, either way it would be a dev thing (assuming he writes the patch as well) and not a mod thing.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Ali ibn Hassan

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi there, Sancho! I'm embarrassed to ask this after seeing all the work you've done on this mod. But... is there any way of using your mod without the lewd patch? I really love your mods and I even play with another mod. But I would love to play again with your mod again. For this VN, I don't think the patch works well (IMO).
Well, no, since I'm basically modding the patch and not the unpatched VN. I don't hijack the base VN script but rather the patch script. Considering the dev keeps rewriting the VN I'm not sure if either "works" better than the other for coherency tbh. It's up to interpretation.

Reactions: Drankz

Lumi24

Mar 21, 2022
I tried opening a compressed version with the mod on my Mac but got this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Edit: Well scratch that, seems the compressed version for Mac doesn't work alone, sorry to bother you, Merry Christmas Eve

Last edited:

colombeen

Modder
Jul 16, 2021
I'm not sure if Sancho will be working on the steam release, I guess that he'll wait for the patreon version with all the content instead of the "censored" version for steam

Reactions: Drankz
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes