N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023
Including this month, 64 months since WIAB released (here). Divide that by the number of full updates from both games. Not difficult.

Does it show what really happens? No it doesn't. Are half of those updates reworks? Yes. However, it does show an average, which is far more than most VN devs manage.

Something the haters really dislike to be told because it destroys the narrative they are building up in their little fragile heads about how much work Ocean actually does. Now, we can only hope that now all the reworking has been done, that timeframe speeds up significantly. Time will tell as they say.
Less actually. 10 full updates for WIAB and 7 for this (ignoring Beta's)...actually = 64/17 = 3.5 months.

'If' you add in beta's, to include all the grammar fixes, extra images, fixed renders etc for both...it's just less than 3 months per 'update' on average. Sure, some updates have taken alomost a year...but that only increases the average lol...

Haters will hate though (and desperately whine about timeftrames) despite the cold, hard, dead facts of the numbers which cannot be argued with. ;)
And there's also the screenplay, which Ocean claims he's already finished for SG. It takes a lot of time too.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
All of these can be reasonable claims. Some I'm ready to agree with if they are properly explained. Not like negative reviews that are 80% about how the game sucks because the MC can't get his willy up. I've read good negative reviews, but most of them were written before chapter 5 or earlier when the game was probably half of old renders.

For a second I thought you were talking about me. :ROFLMAO:
Nah, I wouldn't talk about you like that - you make good points even if we don't always agree on everything :)

massagecook01

Oct 6, 2022
Disagreements can often lead to some bias feelings surface up;). I don't think anyone here considers me their enemy just for pointing out the issue or criticizing one valid point, (at least I don't consider anyone enemy here.) We here will disagree with eachother and that's the part that makes us human "Difference in perspectives thus, resulting in different thinking, choices, decisions, etc." and that very perspective is what makes any human interesting. How they think and choose.
there is not a right or a whatnot to a disagreement it's just simply two different points of view, what makes it right or wrong is how you deal with it. it's right to keep calm, be reasonable, talk it out and try to see the other persons side, it's diffintely wrong to let any disagreemnt lead to hating the person just because they don't agree with you. "peace over power":cool:

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
By the way, regarding disagreements... Ocean again said too much and created a new topic for disagreement among his patreons. I'll drop his words below...
Graphical changes from Season 1 to Season 2.
Season 2 will be in 4k. (I already render everything in 4k. It doesn't add work, and you don't need a 4k display to see the difference.)
When Ocean started making renders in 4k, he wrote that it wouldn’t add work, it’s all true. But he didn't write that the rendering time will increase significantly. Now everyone is worried that the release time of the chapters will increase greatly or Ocean will again start asking for money for new video cards.

And one more thing, Ocean said that you don't need a 4K display to see the difference. This is all nonsense, you will need a 4k display. Well, or you can use special programs to enlarge the image to notice the difference. Well, this is for the masochists who like to wipe their ass with a steel brush instead of toilet paper. That's all the interesting news for today.

Reactions: diablo989
4.40 star(s) 477 Votes