BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
It was a combination of frustration at the development period, reworked scenes, lack of lewd scenes, Bella's path, overall update size, and the lack of content for other LIs. Those were the main reasons behind everyone's anger during that update. This was further amplified by users' unrealistic expectations for this game when they came here. The review-bombing followed shortly after. This thread was not a fun place, as all of this was happeningღ

Luv, your account didn't even exist back then. What would you know?
Just a heads up - that user's favourite sport is baiting anyone who has even the tiniest bit of sunshine. They'll keep shifting their position just to keep any argument going ...also, they've been following Ocean since at least 2014 and probably have AI screenshots signed by Regium to prove it :sneaky: Revisionary tactics are a thing.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Can't remember it all that well but there were some complaints that originated the mixed responses. Some people didn't like the book club scene and how long it was, the panic attack scene and the the pills that Sasha gives the MC and how fast they work was also mentioned.

Personally my main complaint was once again the absolute lack of logic in the scene where you sleep with Bella if you're on her path. Once again Ocean backed himself up into a corner with the "no lewd scenes in season 1 shit". If you pay attention you notice the MC's thoughts expressing how he wished he could give Bella what she wants during their desert escapade. Later when they sleep together Bella outright says she's horny and once again the MC wishes he could just fuck her. Well anyone with half a working brain notices that the MC has 10 working fingers and a tongue that he could very well use to take her edge off. But apparently his dick isn't the only thing not working because his brain just shut down on that one.

Yeah, you're right about the Bella scene. Ocean needed to CLEARLY show the MC's problem is just as much mental (turned off by physical intimacy) as it is physical (unable to get a boner). Even in that scenario, the MC could've "taken one for the team." Showing any mental block would need to be communicated unambiguously over the course of the previous 4 chapters.

I'm interested to see if there is any change to the Sasha scene. Ocean could've invented any medication name he wanted to. Instead, he chose to name a real-world medication and fake the efficacy.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
Some people didn't like the book club scene and how long it was, the panic attack scene and the the pills that Sasha gives the MC and how fast they work was also mentioned.

I daresay, that the intersection of people who complained about stuff like this and complaining about the plot being worse than what it was before the rework is pretty high.

And let me tell all those people one thing
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
Oh man...
I kinda responded to John Ness a few posts ago on the same argument. Read it if you wish... Or don't :)
https://f95zone.to/threads/summers-gone-ch-5-beta-oceanlab.29981/post-13490941

But since we all here recognize the right of others to express their opinions (we do, right?) please let me express mine.

I don’t understand where every second critic gets this didactic tone and condescending attitude towards those who support Ocean. Where do you guys get such an unbearable desire to stick the blazing Torch of Truth into our unwashed asses of ignorance?
This may be hard for you to believe, but most people can multiply 1 by (32-5) and add 2024 to get 2051 as an extrapolation of the game's completion date if things remain as they are now. They kinda had done this long before the missionaries arrived to this pagan lands.

And this is where questions of personal beliefs begin. Some believe that Ocean is not evolving, does not draw conclusions from past mistakes, does not analyze the feedback and don't improve his approach based on it, not looking for the ways to make games faster. And basically milks the poor pirates, and as long as there is at least one subscriber left, he will continue the unbearable milking of those who take the game for free.

Others believe that Ocean is looking for ways to improve games and develop them more quickly, constantly taking various actions to achieve this goal, and in general he is serious about delivering the games to the extent that he planned them. Because it is not only his passion, but also his business. So this part of the audience believes that the dev will find a way to significantly speed up development.

Just to be honest: my personal opinion is that I don't give a flying fuck about the ending as long as Ocean releases an amount of content every year that is comparable to the amount of content created by the most productive solo developers on this site. I will watch this show while it lasts.

I think that since this is a question of beliefs, then it has only a historical solution - religious wars, this is exactly what we all see in this thread. And only the future will show who was right.

So there’s one thing I can’t understand. It’s clear why those who like the game and who support the developer constantly gather and communicate in this thread. But why there remain those who themselves declare that Ocean is a fool and a milker, that the game is crap and nothing good will happen in it, that they can’t bear the very thought of the existence of this game, all this is the mystery of the Aztecs for me.

There are thousands of games on the site for every taste, why are you keep hanging out here? The funny thing is that most of you have 90 to 100% of your posts in this thread only. They're all on the topic “if only you knew how bad things really are.” I can’t understand this, it’s like scratching a wound again and again, not giving it a chance to heal. With my all due respect to masochistic kinks, it's kind of crazy.

Another thing that I can't understand is the attempts in this thread to address Ocean and teach him how to make games correctly. I see only one explanation for this; perhaps not everyone knows that he left this forum last year and deleted his account. Guys, he's not here, look for him on Patreon, Discord or God knows where.

And my beloved Regium fans. Yeah, sure, things were much better with him, and the MC was the Edgelord Chad, not the pathetic emo-crybaby-limp-dick like now, and the jokes were funny and juicy, not like the pale crap that was left after the edits and in general we were one step away from fucking all the LIs and shoot up a fucking college. But Ocean has deprived us of all these joys. :Kappa:

Just please don't forget one little thing: Regium has left this ship four (or five?) years ago. Summer's Gone is now entirely created by Ocean, and the old one you loved was abandoned by its developer many years ago. Alas. It's abandoned. Seriously, don’t torture yourself, Ocean won’t return everything as it was under Regium, find something more suitable to your taste. Or accept the changes.
Did I mention Regium in my post? NO! Did I compare Regium with Ocean? NO! Did I mention anywhere that Ocean is scamming? NO! Did I mention SG is not a good game story wise? NO! What did I mention than? I mentioned development cycle issue. You get that or not? If not than read again my post. Since Ocean taken over SG we are in the same trend of development since than, only exception is this steam release. I don't give a fuck about Regium that guy is gone. I do give a fuck about Ocean way of handling since he took over SG and the development cycle still hasn't improved instead it has gotten worse. There was no need for you to write this long post as bunch of argument you wrote are not even in my post. My post is about Ocean's way of handling development cycle. That's all. I never criticized Ocean's writing but his development cycle;). I dare and say I like Ocean's writing more than Regium's.

I'm not here to make anyone against Ocean or anything like that (He gave me my favorite MMC after all), just putting this out to shed some light on how things are going and being rational. Pointing out flaws or critizing doesn't make one against it, it simply shows what needs improvement;). Moving on...

Last edited:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Did I mention Regium in my post? NO! Did I compare Regium with Ocean? NO! Did I mention anywhere that Ocean is scamming? NO! Did I metnion SG is not a good game story wise? NO! What did I mention than? I mentioned development cycle issue. You get that do you or not. If not than read again my post. Since Ocean taken over SG we are in the same trend of development since than, only exception is this steam release. I don't give a fuck about Regium that guy is gone. I do give a fuck about Ocean way of handling since he took over SG and the development cycle still hasn't improved instead it has gotten worse. There was no need for you to write this long post as bunch of argument you wrote are not even in my post. My post is about Ocean's way of handling development cycle. That's all. I never criticized Ocean's writing but his development cycle;). I dare and say I like Ocean's writing more than Regium's.
This is a public forum, posts here are intended to be read by anyone viewing the thread. Sorry that your post become a fuse for my train of thought, which is addressed not only to you but also to those dudes I mentioned. I should have split it because not my whole answer was addressed to you. However, most of it was specifically about your dissatisfaction with the development cycle.

Whatever. It seems that you know better how to make two games of exactly the same scale as SG and WiAB, having the same initial conditions and limitations that Ocean had. I have no doubt that we will soon see something equally epic from you here on the Zone. I, for example, have been suffering for a long time cause I can't find a replacement or equal addition to SG. Damn, I have to rely entirely on that lazy ass Ocean in getting my fix of the favorite content.

So, along with those who think the same, I will continue to watch this show, hoping that the author will come up with a way to complete it faster than in 2049. At least, before he succeeded in many of his plans, while on my list there are about a dozen favorite games that launched around the same time as Ocean's games and have long been abandoned.

Once again, sorry for mixing two posts in one previous one, but since we both don't give a fuck, let's leave it as it is :KEK:

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
Did I mention Regium in my post? NO! Did I compare Regium with Ocean? NO! Did I mention anywhere that Ocean is scamming? NO! Did I mention SG is not a good game story wise? NO! What did I mention than? I mentioned development cycle issue.
You didn’t want to kiss Ocean’s ass, as is customary among fanatics here, which means now you are their personal enemy. But it was not enough for you to commit this sacrilege and you dared to doubt the great Ocean and began to look for his shortcomings. Now you have become their enemy number 1 and are subject to moral destruction. Although no, enemy number 1 is me, they hate me more than you, but I think the 2nd and 3rd places are free, but you need to check with them. :KEK:

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
This is a public forum, posts here are intended to be read by anyone viewing the thread. Sorry that your post become a fuse for my train of thought, which is addressed not only to you but also to those dudes I mentioned. I should have split it because not my whole answer was addressed to you. However, most of it was specifically about your dissatisfaction with the development cycle.

Whatever. It seems that you know better how to make two games of exactly the same scale as SG and WiAB, having the same initial conditions and limitations that Ocean had. I have no doubt that we will soon see something equally epic from you here on the Zone. I, for example, have been suffering for a long time cause I can't find a replacement or equal addition to SG. Damn, I have to rely entirely on that lazy ass Ocean in getting my fix of the favorite content.

So, along with those who think the same, I will continue to watch this show, hoping that the author will come up with a way to complete it faster than in 2049. At least, before he succeeded in many of his plans, while on my list there are about a dozen favorite games that launched around the same time as Ocean's games and have long been abandoned.

Once again, sorry for mixing two posts in one previous one, but since we both don't give a fuck, let's leave it as it is :KEK:
Oh you sneaky fox, I see what you did there:BootyTime:.
While we do have our disagreements, Ocean is by far one of the best damn good story teller and I really think Ocean will not abandon WIAB or SG unless due to external factors (unlikely) as he put too much hard work and effort in them to keep them alive/afloat.

Will bury this topic here.

PEACE!

Last edited:

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
You didn’t want to kiss Ocean’s ass, as is customary among fanatics here, which means now you are their personal enemy. But it was not enough for you to commit this sacrilege and you dared to doubt the great Ocean and began to look for his shortcomings. Now you have become their enemy number 1 and are subject to moral destruction. Although no, enemy number 1 is me, they hate me more than you, but I think the 2nd and 3rd places are free, but you need to check with them. :KEK:
Disagreements can often lead to some bias feelings surface up;). I don't think anyone here considers me their enemy just for pointing out the issue or criticizing one valid point, (at least I don't consider anyone enemy here.) We here will disagree with eachother and that's the part that makes us human "Difference in perspectives thus, resulting in different thinking, choices, decisions, etc." and that very perspective is what makes any human interesting. How they think and choose.

alanrock

Jun 2, 2020
Ocean did well with Summer's Gone, as seen from its 11 million views and high ratings. It is common for successful developers to have both supporters and critics, this is common.

X1Dream

Oct 17, 2017
Dam you know what i think it was best for the game to take a softer route i guess. Because, man i can see how dark this game could have went with certain parts of the game soo im okay with the softer and light hearted game of SG. Game is great cant wait to see how the story plays out. Well Season 2 i guess.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Dam you know what i think it was best for the game to take a softer route i guess. Because, man i can see how dark this game could have went with certain parts of the game soo im okay with the softer and light hearted game of SG. Game is great cant wait to see how the story plays out. Well Season 2 i guess.
yet to play the update to WIAB but how I see it SG probably will be less dark than that game tho will have it's moments. I mean it already has alot of comedy through Nami , Nadia and Bella at for me. While I think WIAB probably will end up being a darker game than SG at the end of the day.

Reactions: rudy007
Mar 7, 2024
I do give a fuck about Ocean way of handling since he took over SG and the development cycle still hasn't improved instead it has gotten worse. There was no need for you to write this long post as bunch of argument you wrote are not even in my post. My post is about Ocean's way of handling development cycle.
Yet despite that, taking both games into consideration since WIAB's initial release, he averages at a significant update every four and a half months...

So, like many others here, your point is what exactly hmmm?

Reactions: Maviarab

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Yet despite that, taking both games into consideration since WIAB's initial release, he averages at a significant update every four and a half months...

So, like many others here, your point is what exactly hmmm?
I need to understand ...how do you arrive at that number of months?

N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023
It was a combination of frustration at the development period, reworked scenes, lack of lewd scenes, Bella's path, overall update size, and the lack of content for other LIs. Those were the main reasons behind everyone's anger during that update.
All of these can be reasonable claims. Some I'm ready to agree with if they are properly explained. Not like negative reviews that are 80% about how the game sucks because the MC can't get his willy up. I've read good negative reviews, but most of them were written before chapter 5 or earlier when the game was probably half of old renders.
Just a heads up - that user's favourite sport is baiting anyone who has even the tiniest bit of sunshine. They'll keep shifting their position just to keep any argument going
For a second I thought you were talking about me. :ROFLMAO:

Mar 7, 2024
I need to understand ...how do you arrive at that number of months?
Including this month, 64 months since WIAB released (here). Divide that by the number of full updates from both games. Not difficult.

Does it show what really happens? No it doesn't. Are half of those updates reworks? Yes. However, it does show an average, which is far more than most VN devs manage.

Something the haters really dislike to be told because it destroys the narrative they are building up in their little fragile heads about how much work Ocean actually does. Now, we can only hope that now all the reworking has been done, that timeframe speeds up significantly. Time will tell as they say.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Including this month, 64 months since WIAB released (here). Divide that by the number of full updates from both games. Not difficult.

Does it show what really happens? No it doesn't. Are half of those updates reworks? Yes. However, it does show an average, which is far more than most VN devs manage.

Something the haters really dislike to be told because it destroys the narrative they are building up in their little fragile heads about how much work Ocean actually does. Now, we can only hope that now all the reworking has been done, that timeframe speeds up significantly. Time will tell as they say.
Less actually. 10 full updates for WIAB and 7 for this (ignoring Beta's)...actually = 64/17 = 3.5 months.

'If' you add in beta's, to include all the grammar fixes, extra images, fixed renders etc for both...it's just less than 3 months per 'update' on average. Sure, some updates have taken alomost a year...but that only increases the average lol...

Haters will hate though (and desperately whine about timeftrames) despite the cold, hard, dead facts of the numbers which cannot be argued with. ;)

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 477 Votes