Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
i really dislike Miru
honestly the only reason I recall liking her was she felt like Nami 2.0 to me that and well I have a thing for pierced nipples lol. But yeah anyone that is similar to Nami is already gonna be good in my books cause I love how Nami is quirky and makes me laugh

N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023
Some people here are so vulnerable that any little thing will make them to dislike any character. You're so sensitive yet heartless sometimes that it's kinda funny. A little harsh. I don't want to offend anyone, but it is what it is.
Seriously, how can you not like Miru? She adopted two children whom she raised alone and you can clearly see that she treats her children well...
Huh? :WaitWhat:

Last edited:

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
Hello,

We will continue as usual while we all wait for Steam to finish its review.
Epic Games has approved SG, and I'm also working with GoG to get the page up and running.
As soon as Steam is done reviewing, there will be one announcement log of the S1 release date.
But from now on, all Dev Logs are about Season 2.

To bring back some structure, Bi-Weekly dev logs are back.
You can check out the previous S2 Logs by clicking the "Season 2" tag.
I will repeat some info about Season 2 and a few new things here.
Season 2 ports over your save from your last Season 1 playthrough. (I'm still looking for a way to port different playthroughs simultaneously from S1 to S2.)

Graphical changes from Season 1 to Season 2.
Season 2 will be in 4k. (I already render everything in 4k. It doesn't add work, and you don't need a 4k display to see the difference.)
My friend Messe, UI designer for SG, has also created the new UI, etc., for Season 2.
The main menu

View attachment 3549745

The Gallery
View attachment 3549746

Load/Save
View attachment 3549747

Options

View attachment 3549748

It has a very clean and fantastic look. The theme of the main menu can also be changed.
This one up there is the "Glacial" theme.
I've been talking about Blender Short Stories for a while now but just didn't have the time in the past. However, with Season 2, the short stories will become a reality.
Messe was so nice in creating the UI for them, too.
These are just examples of how it would look. (The short stories have their own exe.)

View attachment 3549749 View attachment 3549750

In my opinion, it's just absolutely beautiful.
I will showcase more of his work at different points. But his work elevates the game's UI tremendously.
I mentioned that I'd be signing some new music soon. Sadly one Artist jumped ship with the usual: "Upon further review of your product I am going to decline on having my music in the game."
His loss.

But I still scored some very nice ambient music.
Season 2 Previews (4k attached.)
Some Nadia.

View attachment 3549751 View attachment 3549752

Season 2 is going to be great, and no more reworks to slow me down.
Hopefully, you'll hear from me soon about the Steam release date.

Ocean
I'm going to be honest, I wasn't expecting this good news today.
good-news.gif

Last edited:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Goddamn new Nadia put on 10 years and 10 pounds in such a short amount of time. Either that or Wollust is crawling with shapeshifting time travelers.

The themed main menu is cool though!
I theorise Ocean "ages up" most characters in SG to be on the save side for Steam. But what I personally dislike about Ocean´s unending drive to improve the artwork is his total love of oversized torpedo tits.
IMHO opinion when it comes to bodyform e.g. old WIAB ch.6 and new WIAB ch.1 Leia was practically perfect, then since ch.2 we got "Stripper Leia" and "Airship Helen".
New Ayua has a great face and he kept her body halfway normal, so I hoped he finally got over the verschlimmbessern the bodies of the female characters with unfitting or even grotesque breast sizes. Now I see new Nadia who had a detectable breast size creep.

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
OK, I'll take the bait.

Your reply has NOTHING to do with what I said in my post. All you are doing is deflecting/moving the goal posts.

1. Reviews are like assholes... (you know the rest of that saying). I've seen objectively average games on F95 get rave reviews simply because the game ticked the right fetish boxes. They are subjective, so moving on.

2. This thread has 1,683 pages. Only the first 38 pages (2%) relate solely to Regium's Chapter 1.

3. Development time / "Slow burning" is irrelevant to my post because I presented evidence in the form of dialogues and renders from the original SG Ch 1 (Regium's) that people could view, compare to Ocean's reworked SG Ch 1, and reach their own conclusions about.

Anyway, let's look at the development time / "slow burn" question.

Regium released one - ONE - chapter of SG on 8 May 2019. That is all. Regium has no (as in ZERO, ZILCH) track record in development cycles to compare with Ocean because Regium made no subsequent chapters of SG.

Ocean took over the development of SG in 2019 and he released Chapter 2 on 11 January 2020 - eight months after Regium's first and only release.

Here is what Ocean wrote in the Chapter 2 changelog:

Let's look at some objective information about the two versions of Chapter 1 (ignoring render and dialogue quality):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As for reminiscing about Regium's Chapter 1 - it contained one - ONE - lewd scene; a minor one where Summer showed her breasts. That is all. No one has any idea what would've followed and when, had Regium continued development.
Unfortunately, I don’t know your saying, but I do know one of the “Golden Rules,” which says: If you like a product and want to know the whole truth about it, then read negative reviews, because positive reviews will only contain advertising. By the way, this shows the current situation very well. If we read only positive reviews, we will see how good everything is in the game. If we read the negative reviews, we see that many people are dissatisfied with the game and their number is constantly growing. I don't like this situation. However, Ocean doesn't care about this, but we all know perfectly well what will happen next, too many games have been abandoned because of this.

I wrote about how people are unhappy with Slow Burn, but if it doesn't make sense to you, then why did you respond to it? It does not make sense.

As far as I know, Regium made almost 2 chapters, but what does this have to do with popularity? None of this matters. Ocean continued developing SG when Regium left, and it had no less positive reviews. Ocean began to lose its popularity after reducing the dynamics of the game's development. With each new chapter the plot became less and less. This has already been said many times. Perhaps when Ocean starts making season 2 and the plot begins to develop, his popularity will grow again.

• Haha
Reactions: SerHawkes

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
I theorise Ocean "ages up" most characters in SG to be on the save side for Steam. But what I personally dislike about Ocean´s unending drive to improve the artwork is his total love of oversized torpedo tits.
IMHO opinion when it comes to bodyform e.g. old WIAB ch.6 and new WIAB ch.1 Leia was practically perfect, then since ch.2 we got "Stripper Leia" and "Airship Helen".
New Ayua has a great face and he kept her body halfway normal, so I hoped he finally got over the verschlimmbessern the bodies of the female characters with unfitting or even grotesque breast sizes. Now I see new Nadia who had a detectable breast size creep.
The bastard almost already ruined Mila for me...

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Bro is a breast man. I can respect that. However... OG Mila was per-fucking-fect already.
not gonna lie unless I see a side by side picture im won't even notice the change haha but yeah the one time I did look I perfer the old ones as well. But I still love her even with her new set of back problems just not as much as some others lol.

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
I'm not telling you not to be angry, but what are you achieving by doing it? Exactly nothing. Games are meant to be enjoyable. Find one that you enjoy while you wait. I have like 200 here I've downloaded and yet to play, they all look interesting, some might be crap, but I can do plenty of other things while I wait.
You know, I'd thought along the same lines regarding users upset at the pace of things. It's crazy how quickly time flies once you get a lifeღ
The thing that gets me when reading that dialogue (in Regium's version) is I can never picture those words coming from a traumatized 18-year-old; rather, I picture them coming from the mouth of an 8-year-old trying to be edgy/funny.
Regium's dialogue was terrible. It sounds so unnatural coming from a teenager with the MC's background. I'd understand if the MC's background was more dark, but that wasn't the case. Ocean's dialogue isn't the best, but it's laughable for anyone to think that Regium's dialogue can compare to it.
Unfortunately, I don’t know your saying, but I do know one of the “Golden Rules,” which says: If you like a product and want to know the whole truth about it, then read negative reviews, because positive reviews will only contain advertising. By the way, this shows the current situation very well. If we read only positive reviews, we will see how good everything is in the game. If we read the negative reviews, we see that many people are dissatisfied with the game and their number is constantly growing. I don't like this situation. However, Ocean doesn't care about this, but we all know perfectly well what will happen next, too many games have been abandoned because of this.
To all of the lovely users here, I understand being frustrated with how things are going and disagreeing with Oceans or other users, but don't be like this userღ
As far as I know, Regium made almost 2 chapters, but what does this have to do with popularity? None of this matters. Ocean continued developing SG when Regium left, and it had no less positive reviews. Ocean began to lose its popularity after reducing the dynamics of the game's development. With each new chapter the plot became less and less. This has already been said many times. Perhaps when Ocean starts making season 2 and the plot begins to develop, his popularity will grow again.
You couldn't be more wrong, darling. When I started following this thread at the time of Chapter 3's update(sometime after Oceans officially took over), this game had around three million views and mixed ratings. Every update since has seen mostly positive responses (except for Chapter 5's beta release), and SG has since amassed over ten million views and counting. That's on F95 alone. It's literally one of the most popular games here and will only keep growing. I don't know you, but it takes talent to be this willfully blind. I'm not even going to address your statements about its plotღ

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020
You know, I'd thought along the same lines regarding users upset at the pace of things. It's crazy how quickly time flies once you get a lifeღ

Regium's dialogue was terrible. It sounds so unnatural coming from a teenager with the MC's background. I'd understand if the MC's background was more dark, but that wasn't the case. Ocean's dialogue isn't the best, but it's laughable for anyone to think that Regium's dialogue can compare to it.

To all of the lovely users here, I understand being frustrated with how things are going and disagreeing with Oceans or other users, but don't be this userღ

You couldn't be more wrong, darling. When I started following this thread at the time of Chapter 3's update(sometime after Oceans officially took over), this game had around three million views and mixed ratings. Every update since has seen mostly positive responses (except for Chapter 5's beta release), and SG has since amassed over ten million views and counting. This is on F95 alone. It's literally one of the most popular games here and will only keep growing. I don't know you, but it takes talent to be this willfully blind. I'm not even going to address your statements about its plotღ

Edit: Is he normally like this?

damn my sister you still got it

that is some gangster shitt
8df160f8d15a9b551267a3dbc60685a6.gif

N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023
Every update since has seen mostly positive responses (except for Chapter 5's beta release)
Chapter 5 is probably my favorite after chapter 4. What was wrong with it? Too long of a development time?
I was unhappy with the lack of alternative scenes with Bella, but the number of renders specifically for her path turned out to be not so much as it seemed at first. Still I would like to see an alternative progresson of her story if the player is not on her path.

Reactions: John972

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
What was wrong with it?
Can't remember it all that well but there were some complaints that originated the mixed responses. Some people didn't like the book club scene and how long it was, the panic attack scene and the the pills that Sasha gives the MC and how fast they work was also mentioned.

Personally my main complaint was once again the absolute lack of logic in the scene where you sleep with Bella if you're on her path. Once again Ocean backed himself up into a corner with the "no lewd scenes in season 1 shit". If you pay attention you notice the MC's thoughts expressing how he wished he could give Bella what she wants during their desert escapade. Later when they sleep together Bella outright says she's horny and once again the MC wishes he could just fuck her. Well anyone with half a working brain notices that the MC has 10 working fingers and a tongue that he could very well use to take her edge off. But apparently his dick isn't the only thing not working because his brain just shut down on that one.

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
You couldn't be more wrong, darling. When I started following this thread at the time of Chapter 3's update(sometime after Oceans officially took over), this game had around three million views and mixed ratings. Every update since has seen mostly positive responses (except for Chapter 5's beta release), and SG has since amassed over ten million views and counting. That's on F95 alone. It's literally one of the most popular games here and will only keep growing. I don't know you, but it takes talent to be this willfully blind. I'm not even going to address your statements about its plotღ
I understand that you are an Ocean fan and you love him, but why lie all the time?

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
Chapter 5 is probably my favorite after chapter 4. What was wrong with it? Too long of a development time?
I was unhappy with the lack of alternative scenes with Bella, but the number of renders specifically for her path turned out to be not so much as it seemed at first. Still I would like to see an alternative progresson of her story if the player is not on her path.
It was a combination of frustration at the development period, reworked scenes, lack of lewd scenes, Bella's path, overall update size, and the lack of content for other LIs. Those were the main reasons behind everyone's anger during that update. This was further amplified by users' unrealistic expectations for this game when they came here. The review-bombing followed shortly after. This thread was not a fun place as all of this was happeningღ
I understand that you are an Ocean fan and you love him, but why lie all the time?
Luv, your account didn't even exist back then. What would you know?

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 477 Votes