Veriko666

Nov 29, 2019
Pretty much proof the game won't ever be completed, at the current speed we are lucky to get 1 full chapter a year and there are 26 chapters left to do.
Thanks for saving my time, I'm getting fed up with all these games that are just too big for the dev to handle. It's not like they are developing Manor Lord, Banished or Stardew Valley either. Yet many of the games (not necessarily this game) on here take as long or longer to develop.

Ahx

Jul 9, 2021
Thanks for saving my time, I'm getting fed up with all these games that are just too big for the dev to handle. It's not like they are developing Manor Lord, Banished or Stardew Valley either. Yet many of the games (not necessarily this game) on here take as long or longer to develop.
No point comparing these games to any of those you mentioned , they are totally different and developed by professionals, these ones are heavily focused on visuals and keeping up with the steady flow of story with attention grabbing writing.

The normal video games development process usually tend to have a big ass development team.

Oceanlab and other few in here are only making their way to be one in this environment. Some quit due to lack of motivation and passion for their current work...some abandon due to lack of funding, apparently this crisis forces those bunch to resume their job as a full-time worker and the pay supposedly makes up more than enough for their daily budget.

Hmm...what I don't get is..What was the point of your post again ?...The incompetence of the lousy developers ? or Could it be you making a point out of a bunch of commas ?..It is the time hole we all fall into while we wait, isn't it ?...You catch on quick mate.

Sep 3, 2020
No point comparing these games to any of those you mentioned , they are totally different and developed by professionals, these ones are heavily focused on visuals and keeping up with the steady flow of story with attention grabbing writing.

The normal video games development process usually tend to have a big ass development team.

Oceanlab and other few in here are only making their way to be one in this environment. Some quit due to lack of motivation and passion for their current work...some abandon due to lack of funding, apparently this crisis forces those bunch to resume their job as a full-time worker and the pay supposedly makes up more than enough for their daily budget.

Hmm...what I don't get is..What was the point of your post again ?...The incompetence of the lousy developers ? or Could it be you making a point out of a bunch of commas ?..It is the time hole we all fall into while we wait, isn't it ?...You catch on quick mate.
screenshot0005.png screenshot0006.png screenshot0007.png

you know I don't blame Bella for leaving me

I just wasn't affectionate enough

I mean just take a look at this 12-page love letter I wrote her it's pathetic

just 12 pages and look at this I shouldn't of use ink I should have ridden it in my own blood

oh forgive me Bella for I have sinned
:cry::cry:

Ahx

Jul 9, 2021

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
Summer's Gone Walkthrough

As Zoey Raven has ceased working on the Summer's Gone walkthough, I've built a new one.

If you find any errors or have constructive suggestions to improve the usability of this walkthrough, please let me know.

Chapter 3.5 Full initial release.
I can never get tired of telling you this, brother: You are the man! :D(y)

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
View attachment 1577697 View attachment 1577698 View attachment 1577699

you know I don't blame Bella for leaving me

I just wasn't affectionate enough

I mean just take a look at this 12-page love letter I wrote her it's pathetic

just 12 pages and look at this I shouldn't of use ink I should have ridden it in my own blood

oh forgive me Bella for I have sinned
:cry::cry:
There There, brother. We'll have the chance to do better, don't worry. One day, she'll shout once again "He's mine"

Mar 19, 2020
The game is very high quality, but the way it's going the dev is going to die of old age before he finishes the game. I know it's not easy to split money, especially in these times, but homeboy definitely needs to hire someone to help him to have at least a slight hope of finishing this thing at some point. It would boost sales tremendously if people got their content more often.

Either that, or just write a book with this story and publish it, you know it'd be at least a sleeper hit lol

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
The game is very high quality, but the way it's going the dev is going to die of old age before he finishes the game. I know it's not easy to split money, especially in these times, but homeboy definitely needs to hire someone to help him to have at least a slight hope of finishing this thing at some point. It would boost sales tremendously if people got their content more often.

Either that, or just write a book with this story and publish it, you know it'd be at least a sleeper hit lol
Ocean is actually teaming up with George RR Martin to publish "Summer's Gone" just after "Winter is Coming" hits bookshelves. Coming soon!

Mar 19, 2020
Ocean is actually teaming up with George RR Martin to publish "Summer's Gone" just after "Winter is Coming" hits bookshelves. Coming soon!
I've heard that writing Summer's Gone the novel is actually what's holding back Patrick Rothfuss from writing the third book. Will publish it as soon as the game is done.

Reactions: Everia

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021

Chapter 4 - Bi - Weekly Dev Log #6
Hello,

So... first Dev Log of 2022.

Another part of Chapter 4 is finished and I'm now at the biggest part in the update. (TBT is much bigger in terms of workload.)
But it is a part I'm really looking forward to.
I've already created all the environments except for two.

For spoiler reasons, I currently can't preview any new TBT renders and the "normal" renders will follow soon.
The part I'm doing now is something I want to keep a secret. At least how the people look, etc.
I will be able to preview things but I'll be heavily limited.
Cheeto1.jpg

I also canceled one planned cinematic. I didn't feel it anymore.
It was the right idea but at the wrong time. It would've been at the lake with Nami. I'll save the idea.
Actually, as I was writing the sentence above, I came up with something.
Cheeto3.png

And so the last part begins.
I have renders that'd be suited better for previewing this part but they're not rendered yet. They were made today and will be rendered overnight.

As mentioned in the last WiAB Log, I started to work on a big limiter in my productivity and as I was analyzing myself during the first day the results were amazing.
But let me gather some more data and I will reveal some numbers in March.

Current image count: 825

You can find three additional previews

- Ocean

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
I know it's not easy to split money, especially in these times, but homeboy definitely needs to hire someone to help him to have at least a slight hope of finishing this thing at some point.
Not as easy as it sounds.

1. You need to find someone who you can trust. This person would have access to private information, the future story and all character .duf files.
Legal action if something goes south is very hard if you're both living in different countries.

2. The artist needs to match my style and as I improve my skills, so must he.

3. An artist that ticks point 2 expects to be paid decently. And currently, I can't afford this.

It's one of my goals to get another artist or two onboard but I doubt this will happen with Daz.
Blender is a much bigger market for freelancers.

I've heard that writing Summer's Gone the novel is actually what's holding back Patrick Rothfuss from writing the third book. Will publish it as soon as the game is done.
And thanks for opening that wound again. ):

Good boy Kvothe.

4.40 star(s) 480 Votes