• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

KhamulTG81

Oct 28, 2020
And it's a fact that Patreon growth is related to development pace. If by the time of your next update, a good chunk of your target audience has forgotten your game even existed, how can you expect a healthy growth? It's not quantum mechanics.
BADIK... How long is the update cycle for this game? How much support? Greed is the answer... BADIK could be developed a hell lot faster! So... not always.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
If everything stays the way it is... support under 1k patreons and all. Ocean will still try to improve... Have a little patience, at least until steam release... You, maybe unintentionally, are spreading negativity with your comments.
I try to give feedback from my point of view. Negative feedback? It can be at times but that's necessary for the dev too.
If everyone here just praise the game the dev might think he's doig a perfect job and that's not true.

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
:FacePalm: *10^100
What are you talking about. It's been the biggest update so far. Sure, it would be great, if the updates would come out every 4 months. But you can’t say, that the dev is not doing a good job. View attachment 1843538
View attachment 1843539
I havent played yet to be honest. I just don't like that it comes as "beta" after 8 months. And the fact that he will start to rework the rework. Like, he is spending time reworking the rework when he could be moving forward. That is my opinion.

KhamulTG81

Oct 28, 2020
I try to give feedback from my point of view. Negative feedback? It can be at times but that's necessary for the dev too.
If everyone here just praise the game the dev might think he's doig a perfect job and that's not true.
Sorry, but read your last 10 posts. Full of sarcasm and negativ implications. I don't want to discuss this any further. Self awareness is important in written arguments. You can not simply "talk" your way out of it.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
BADIK... How long is the update cycle for this game? How much support? Greed is the answer... BADIK could be developed a hell lot faster!
While long, it's still faster than this. And with more content offered. And with a good game already completed (in a sensible amount of time) under their belt. That wasn't plagued by delays and reworks. The result? A good starting Patreon base for your next project that allows you to jumpstart the process. That's how it works.

To be fair, it might as well be quantum mechanics for some, I even see the same mistake often been done by big companies. Release a new 8-episode show that gets hype for its quality. Then proceed to kill any momentum with huge 2 year shooting cycles because the service isn't willing to invest in shortening them, while maintaining quality. And the show eventually gets cancelled 2-3 seasons in, with the small dedicated fanbase that has remained bitching about the fact.

Balancing creativity with moneymaking is admitedly not easy. You have to know when to cut corners and when to risk pouring some more money to hopefully get more back.

Quarron

Mar 22, 2022
If any of your students remind you of this MC even a bit, keep an eye on them. Especially if it's a place with no gun control.
Actually, in that case, I am the one who's like MC. That's why I love this game so much. But unlike MC, all the shit that I've been through, I can still have a boner.

• Haha
Reactions: AL.d

olololo1234

May 11, 2019
I havent played yet to be honest. I just don't like that it comes as "beta" after 8 months. And the fact that he will start to rework the rework. Like, he is spending time reworking the rework when he could be moving forward. That is my opinion.
He does not spend too much time into the reworking. He only does polish the game a little further and fix some bugs.

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
No, I don't want my students to suffer in the same way I do. The waiting is too much for their soft heart.
You have to look at it from another angle. It will help prepare them for when they go out in the world and meet their first Bella.
Actually, scratch that. Nothing could prepare for that experience.

Thankfully, I met my Bella's later in life when I could handle that acerbic tongue. Imagine your first gf was Bella...oh shit.

Reactions: Quarron

Quarron

Mar 22, 2022
You have to look at it from another angle. It will help prepare them for when they go out in the world and meet their first Bella.
Actually, scratch that. Nothing could prepare for that experience.

Thankfully, I met my Bella's later in life when I could handle that acerbic tongue. Imagine your first gf was Bella...oh shit.
I'm gonna be selfish about it, I'm 22 and I haven't met anyone like Bella in my life, I've met a lot of girls in college but they were so boring and I was pretty cold. So, I'd rather to be the first in the line instead of my studens. Me first, then my students. :d

KhamulTG81

Oct 28, 2020
While long, it's still faster than this.
BADIK = 14.063 patreons. The dev STILL works alone on ONE game.
OCEAN works alone on TWO games with 989 SG patreons and 384 WIAB patreons.

Yes and I just explained you why in my previous reply.

And working on only one game, especially if you are working alone is a plus not a minus. It means you know how to prioritize, have a clear plan start to finish and aren't overextending. Make it good, finish it, build a fanbase and goodwill and then move on to the next. Profit.
You need to educate yourself on Oceanlab first and foremost. To say it with few words... He never intended to develop two games at the same time. Why? How?... read up on it yourself but do not pretend to be able to conclude anything related to these topics.

Btw. Do you actually think steam had nothing to do with patreon growth rate in case of BADIK? Or maintaining patreon numbers?
With the amount of support Ocean is getting he is doing one hell of job!

Maybe if he was working in only 1 game and delivering complete updates in a certain period of time he'd be getting more support than working in 2 different games at once.
Also he didn't complete a game yet but decide to rework on both. Where it all began, the original version, I don't remember of that game being finished, he decided to rework on it then.
Read the first part of my answer above. And I can't speak about Dr PinkCake expanse of vision for his universe but both of Oceans games are vital to his vision.

I don't think no one can compare any other developer to DPC.
The main point was the correlation between development time and amount of patreon support. And I stay to my remark that DPC should be able to deliver more content. These numbers don't include steam sales on top of that and the fact he is still working alone on his project.

Last edited:
Reactions: olololo1234

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
BADIK = 14.063 patreons. The dev STILL works alone on ONE game.
OCEAN works alone on TWO games with 989 SG patreons and 384 WIAB patreons.
Yes and I just explained you why in my previous reply.

And working on only one game, especially if you are working alone is a plus not a minus. It means you know how to prioritize, have a clear plan start to finish and aren't overextending. Make it good, finish it, build a fanbase and goodwill and then move on to the next. Profit.

LostGhost

May 16, 2021
To be honest the visuals of dnd was great on par with or greater than COBD but I couldn't get the feeling of SG in that.and it felt soo long(maybe I couldn't stand it) and boring( I've never watched starwars for same reason).I must appreciate the effort and quality of it but to think that how much of other content we could've got if it's wasn't for dnd it's not worth it otherwise it's a good update and hopefully I expect some content of sasha and ayua in next update.

Reactions: Lord Soth

Dark Tribe Gamer

Apr 30, 2021
Unofficial Android Port for :

Summer's Gone [Ch.4 Beta] + Scrappy's Mod + Patched

Download Apk : G-Drive, Workupload

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

if you liked my work, support on Patreon.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.
File Not Available

Reactions: darkyzx

dblclicks

Nov 27, 2020
ok. I might be crazy, I know Ocean has said the two games are connected. I just went back to play Where it all began and see Leia wearing the same earrings Nami and Sasha wear. Then Nami mentioned how Vanessa said they seem "familiar". Wonder how they are connected.

4.40 star(s) 491 Votes