Deleted member 1070533

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2018
Hello my fellow wankers,

The update is taking so long because my PC doesn't even deserve to be called a PC.
Yes, I have an 1080ti but I'm pretty sure it runs on 60%. It's an old card. It screams when I turn it on and renders drop when my Vram goes over 8.5GB.

So I made a decision. I asked a good real-life friend of mine if he could help me till my PC works at an acceptable speed.
He's also a game developer on this side here and the reason I started doing this.

His game: https://f95zone.to/threads/where-it-all-began-v0-4a-ocean.19856/

From now on he is going to help me render. (The painful and long part.)
Nothing in this game will change. He just rendering the scenes I created before.

Have a nice day.

Cipherdragon

Aug 3, 2019
Hello my fellow wankers,

The update is taking so long because my PC doesn't even deserve to be called a PC.
Yes, I have an 1080ti but I'm pretty sure it runs on 60%. It's an old card. It screams when I turn it on and renders drop when my Vram goes over 8.5GB.

So I made a decision. I asked a good real-life friend of mine if he could help me till my PC works at an acceptable speed.
He's also a game developer on this side here and the reason I started doing this.

His game: https://f95zone.to/threads/where-it-all-began-v0-4a-ocean.19856/

From now on he is going to help me render. (The painful and long part.)
Nothing in this game will change. He just rendering the scenes I created before.

Have a nice day.
I love it especially cause where it all began is some good work, same is going for you, damn what a great team you 2 would be!

May 18, 2019
Finally something visual.

Dev update #2
Hello!

Remember when I said "Ocean won't change anything and will just render what I send him?"
Yeah, about that.. he refused to render the stuff I sent him.

As we looked over the renders I'd done before, we came to the conclusion that we need to re-do some of them. Quite a lot actually.
I'm still not really familiar with Daz and I'm still trying to find my style. So Ocean gave me some good advice and I've put it to use.
As you can see in this image here, it's grainy, it has no 'light games' and and and..
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

May 18, 2019
I think renders were nice before. Don't really think those minimal visual changes matter that much when we're talking about the quality of the game. There are a bunch of pretty-looking games that are crap. SG was great before but I'm worried about its future with so many delays.
Minimal? I would say it is pretty big.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Minimal? I would say it is pretty big.
The important thing is: they were unnecessary. New dev should build his/her fan base - by delaying first(!) update because of some cosmetic changes after the initial release, that's like shooting in his own foot.

Aug 13, 2016
Was really happy when I saw there were new posts in this thread. Thought maybe there was a new update, but just found out will probably have to wait 1 month for an update :( i would prefer chapter 2 with the old renders, since I thought the renders were already good enough. I mean the new ones are really amazing, but the old ones would work quite well enough.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1070533

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2018
Was really happy when I saw there were new posts in this thread. Thought maybe there was a new update, but just found out will probably have to wait 1 month for an update :( i would prefer chapter 2 with the old renders, since I thought the renders were already good enough. I mean the new ones are really amazing, but the old ones would work quite well enough.
The renders were okay back in time because I didn't know any better. It's been already 5 months since Ch1 was released. Most people have forgotten about this game and I'm grateful for everyone who's still here. But nobody except a few people is really expecting the game. I have the privilege of no real pressure. (I stopped the Patreon paying cycle too last month till the update is out.)

I can't release an update with "normal" renders when I know that I can create some really great ones. I would lose sleep about it because I didn't give everything I had and instead went with the "good enough" ones.

I think this is just who I am. I'll do it right and in the best way possible or not at all.

But it's nice that you people here seem to like the new ones. :)

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
i never left..i check up on it every couple days and the fact i was notified of a comment here shows i care :p this game has potential to be great..especially nutty as a loon sister..she's awesome :p now..get back to work rendermonkey!!!

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes