StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
So, is there an estimate when 0.5 full will be released? I remember some rather brave assumptions that it will be in april the latest, which seems to be impossible now. I would say maybe september or later.

Reactions: Laehtsia

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
So it's not worth a download? Nothing new except all the rework?
Perspective is everything...

I'll be restarting from the beginning once my download is complete.

There are changes/adds in CH 2 in particular that add to the lore of SG as well as add/broaden the Sasha route.

If you have limited download capacity or want the full experience without multiple restarts - you could choose to wait until CH 5 Full is released.

I'll be honest - I can be stubborn as hell - but I don't have the will power to wait to enjoy more Summers Gone, so I am off to my restart now.

Good Luck whatever you decide!

MartinKrpan

May 15, 2020
Perspective is everything...

There are changes/adds in CH 2 in particular that add to the lore of SG as well as add/broaden the Sasha route.

If you have limited download capacity or want the full experience without multiple restarts - you could choose to wait until CH 5 Full is released.

I'll be honest - I can be stubborn as hell - but I don't have the will power to wait to enjoy more Summers Gone, so I am off to my restart now.

I'll do the same. Need to see everything... and I mean everything.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
[...]

Way to go! I enjoy replaying it from the very beginning. It's like watching your favorite movie again (especially when most of the new movies are just crap)

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
So, is there an estimate when 0.5 full will be released? I remember some rather brave assumptions that it will be in april the latest, which seems to be impossible now. I would say maybe september or later.
Before we get to SG CH 5 Full, we will have the next WIAB Beta and Full, as well as the SG CH 5 Beta.

I think we could get two revs of the CH 5 Full, the initial CH 5 Full and then last - the Season 1 Steam release (with whatever polish Ocean wants to add ahead of his Steam introduction).

I think the September time frame is reasonable given all the work he will do to get to SG Ch 5 Full.

I'd love it if it was faster than this, but not at the expense of the quality of the story and presentation.

Cheers!

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
So is the rework completely finished now, or is there more to come in Chapter 5? Been waiting to start a new game, pending the rework, so just wondering if I'm good to start fresh yet or is there more to come next update and I should wait?
Well the second half of chapter 2 and the final half of chapter 4.5 will be the next update. So there's no content coming and then the season will be complete. So one more update basically.

Reactions: SpyderArachnid

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
Before we get to SG CH 5 Full, we will have the next WIAB Beta and Full, as well as the SG CH 5 Beta.

I think we could get two revs of the CH 5 Full, the initial CH 5 Full and then last - the Season 1 Steam release (with whatever polish Ocean wants to add ahead of his Steam introduction).

I think the September time frame is reasonable given all the work he will do to get to SG Ch 5 Full.

I'd love it if it was faster than this, but not at the expense of the quality of the story and presentation.

Cheers!
Thanks, so I was not so far off with my assumption then. All in all, it takes always a full year for a chapter to be finished so far. (I only play full chapters, for the last one I had to wait a year)

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
It still wouldn't really matter, SG is supposed to have 30 chapters based on what has been said already in this thread.
Currently half a chapter per update, 2 updates per year, we still have 26.5 chapters to go so at the rate of 1 update per 3 months [2 chapters per year, or double the current speed] we're still looking at at least 13 years before this is done.

But even if you get really optimistic and believe that suddenly the production speed becomes four times faster, we're still 7 years away from the final chapter.

Half the people commenting in this thread are going to be dead before this gets finished, me included probably.
I think the people who are lauding these updates as progress are hilarious.
I'll quote myself from a year and a half ago when 3.5 was released...

We're still over 25 years away from completion at the current rate [roughly 1 full chapter per year].

I'll be dead in 25 years, not even joking.

Lets not forget the dev will be doing a rework another 5 times at least, because his renders will look old by then and every rework is going to be for more content than the last too.

I just find this all hilarious that so many of you think you'll ever see the end of this AVN.

Last edited:

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
Not sure what Chapter this is, but the room lighting renders need some work.. They're so bright and the lighting looks off. Prety sure it's Chapter 2 but not sure if it's the remade part or the second half.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Laehtsia

May 27, 2020
Bonjour à tous existe t'il une traduction francaise pour summer gone ? Merci ^^
Salut oui il existe une trad ici : https://f95zone.to/threads/traductions-fr-shadow_steve3395.129603/

Par contre c'est pas complet selon les chapitres. Il faut que tu demandes à l'auteur du thread où il en est..

if anyone needs the original and the best one (more emotional), put it in game\images\Cinematics and replace when asks
Wait, what ? Did he change that scene ???

Last edited:

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I think the people who are lauding these updates as progress are hilarious.
I'll quote myself from a year and a half ago when 3.5 was released...

We're still over 25 years away from completion at the current rate [roughly 1 full chapter per year].

I'll be dead in 25 years, not even joking.

Lets not forget the dev will be doing a rework 5 times at least, because his renders will look old by then and every rework is going to be fore more content than the last too.

I just find this all hilarious that so many of you think you'll ever see the end of this AVN.
What's the hastle? He's earning around 4k every month :KEK:
Add to this 400 patrons from Where it all Began Patreon.

FFXX.jpg

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 492 Votes