Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Since the patch file in the VN's OP is all fucked up (it's old), I have taken the hours to completely port it properly for SanchoMod and am currently testing. It fired up in the latest mod core code and didn't blow up... not crashing any music file calls either (so far). I'm at the first choice and about to speed run the VN twice before proceeding to writing the ChoiceGuide and SanchoGallery for the "new" update. I've insured the old gallery scenes work but I have to code in the new gallery filters from the latest Core. I'll also have to rewrite the stat screens too I reckon... since the MC technically doesn't have traits anymore:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
odd i had no problems with the patch :unsure:
If you DL the patch in the OP that's there at this very moment, start a new playthrough you won't get very far before you get crashes due to the missing files being called for. If you have the correct patch file then fucking share that golden nugget with me since I manually ported the old "Beta" one over and could have missed a bit of grammatical edits from the "Full" v4.5.... whatcha got?

Reactions: Penfold Mole
May 21, 2021
People just can't seem to appreciate beautiful art and cinematics without sex.
The whole atmosphere throughout the night spent at Vic's with Nami & Mila felt magical imo, my favourite moment in the story so far. I was so relaxed the whole time and once the chapter ended I thought to myself how I wish there was a place like that I could go to whenever I wanted, someplace safe from all the shit and people of the outside world.

Imagine this: You're on a couch, warm and comfortable with playing in the background; a starry night out the window and not a cloud in sight; a serene smile on your face and your girl in your arms - 0% worries 100% cuddles. Sounds like a dream to me.

Also, I want to say that although I initially did not like Victoria, I do now very much. Went from team Bella to team Nami and now Victoria. Funny, did not expect this. Anyone similar?

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Still waiting until the remake is finally complete and the story actually continues... :HideThePain:

I rather not create an account and disable my proxy/VPN to download a single file.
When I see someone spamming rpdl links I ignore immediately.
Feel free to ignore me if you haven't, then - because it's totally worth it, the account doesn't even have to tie to a real address. And there's zero reason to disable your VPN, I'm always VPN connected when I use them. As I recall, he said the account creation was basically there just to stop other bots from scraping the site for the files.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I've been a defender of Ocean's for years but this update plus the last 20 pages in this thread opened my eyes to what dozens (if not hundreds) of members here and on reddit have been saying for literally years about the cock riding on Ocean. Like he can do no wrong and is above reproach or criticism. Fuck me, this is sad to watch.

At least I've finally made the decision to not get the game on Steam or ever contribute with a single cent. Just like with BaDIK this isn't the type of project or dev I want to support.
I mean I like the game well enough, probably one of the better ones out there... I don't give a shit that they are not having sex left right and center... I get it, it's part of the story and I'm fine with it. But the way too long dev cycle and rework puts me off, not going to lie. I would rather have the old renders stay the same than waiting ages to get new content. But then again, not sure if that decision was up to a community vote, or financial reasons or whatever....

As for BaDIK, the last updated just fucking pissed me off seriously, sucha long wait time, and it was really underwhelming...

lonelyk

Feb 12, 2019
I mean I like the game well enough, probably one of the better ones out there... I don't give a shit that they are not having sex left right and center... I get it, it's part of the story and I'm fine with it. But the way too long dev cycle and rework puts me off, not going to lie. I would rather have the old renders stay the same than waiting ages to get new content. But then again, not sure if that decision was up to a community vote, or financial reasons or whatever....

As for BaDIK, the last updated just fucking pissed me off seriously, sucha long wait time, and it was really underwhelming...
If I remember right, Ocean was worried about the upcoming Steam release. First impressions are key and the first two chapters weren't worthy of the quality he has reached in newer content. I can understand his point of view. I think he promised this would be the only rework of the game. Let's see how things will pick up after the rework is done in Chapter 5 full. He has been doing a lot of quality content for the rework, and then all of that work will be only for new content!

John Ness

Feb 23, 2021
I liked the rework of the first chapter, but this update not so much.
More polite, inoffensive and significantly less bold main character, interactions with Jeff, Amber, Mila, Bella worsened... Let's hope Ocean knows what he's doing. Because developing two games in parallel is already bad, start reworking those games is insanity and if some part of rework is worse then original, it's a death sentence. I really hope I'm wrong because I love this game.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022

Agreed. I have no issues with either game. It's not the lack of lewd content that annoys me on SG or the direction of the story. It's the dev's decisions and priorities. I personally think this update is an abomination and it was the last straw for me. Retroactively changing the narrative to such a degree, even introducing new characters that previously didn't exist is a fucking cardinal sin in storytelling.

Plus I have lost all confidence that this project will ever have a competent and timely end. I keep imagining, a couple of years from now, mid season 2, Ocean deciding to completely overhaul season 1 because things weren't to his liking anymore. I can't risk putting any of my hard earned dollars on a project like this.

Byczer

Feb 1, 2020
Will there be more remakes? All the save files I played in the previous update are corrupted. I don't want to play again and again. If there's still going to be a remake, I'd rather wait.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
To all the wonderful people concerned about the reworks, Summer's Gone's story is broken up into seasons. These reworks are being done in preparation for steam, in which season 1 will be released. Before the steam release, Oceans wants the renders, dialogue, and everything else to share the same level of quality. He won't keep reworking chapters just for the heck of it. That being said... this update was full of errors. I hope he fixes them by the next updateღ
Well, it's does have bugs. If you have direct contact with him give him this as an example of a just a few of them:

This bit of code is completely bogus... you can no longer be awarded "ToldVictoriaTheyreHot" due to the rewrite yet you miss a large portion of dialogue and potential other variables that do still exist because of the FUBAR:
Python:
        if toldvicitheyrehot is True:  # SanchoMod Note: This variable can no longer be True due to the rewrites. All of this conditional is bogus.
            $ bella +=2
            v "[name] said you're hot." with vpunch
            scene z832 with dissolve
            d "(DUDE!?)"
            v "He was right, you're pretty."
            if bellameet is True:
                b "Uhh.. what the.."
                v "Don't be speechless! Embrace a compliment!"
                scene z833 with dissolve
                b "I-"
                v "Mhhh?"
                scene z834 with dissolve
                b "Leave me alone! Damn girl!"
                scene z835 with dissolve
                v "Hihi."
                d "Why did you tell her that?"
                v "Why not? You never said I shouldn't tell anybody."
                v "And maybe she likes you too!"
                d "I thought you liked me? Why would you want another girl chasing after me?"
                scene z836 with dissolve
                v "I don't want that, but if it makes you happy.. I'm going to help you!"
                d "Ohh Vic... You're way too nice for this world. You will get hurt."
                scene z837 with dissolve
                "She just smiles."
                scene z838 with dissolve
                mi "Hey [name]. Victoria? Can we go? We have a lot of work to do."
                v "Sure! Bye [name]!"
                d "Bye."
                scene black with Dissolve(1.5)
                d "(..So I guess we're not meeting up today.)"
            else:
                scene z832 with dissolve
                b "Disgusting."
                v "It's sweet!"
                scene z834 with dissolve
                b "I think I have to throw up.."
                v "She doesn't mean it."
                d "I'm pretty sure she does."
                scene z835 with dissolve
                d "But why the hell would you tell her?"
                v "Why not? You never said I shouldn't tell anybody."
                v "And maybe she likes you too!"
                scene z836 with dissolve
                d "I thought you liked me? Why would you want another girl chasing after me?"
                v "I don't want that, but if it makes you happy.. I'm going to help you!"
                d "Ohh Vic... You're way too nice for this world. You might get hurt."
                scene z837 with dissolve
                "She just smiles."
                scene z838 with dissolve
                mi "Hey [name]. Victoria? Can we go? We have a lot of work to do."
                v "Sure! Bye [name]!"
                d "Bye."
        else:
            scene z830 with dissolve
            v "What's your favorite color?"
            b "Are you twelve?"
            v "Nooo. I just want to know your favorite color in case I need to give you a birthday present!"
            scene z833 with dissolve
            b "Wha the.. No, I'm not telling you!"
            v "Mhhh Why not?"
            scene z834 with dissolve
            b "I don't want anything to do with you."
            v "That's a shame. Well, I guess it can't be helped then."
            v "But you can talk to me anytime!"
            scene z835 with dissolve
            d "You're too nice.."
            v "You could be nicer, too."
            d "Naa, I'm fine."
            scene z837 with dissolve
            d "(There goes that smiling again.)"
            scene z838 with dissolve
            mi "Victoria? Can we go? We have a lot of work to do."
            v "Sure! Bye [name]!"
            d "Bye."

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
If I remember right, Ocean was worried about the upcoming Steam release. First impressions are key and the first two chapters weren't worthy of the quality he has reached in newer content. I can understand his point of view. I think he promised this would be the only rework of the game. Let's see how things will pick up after the rework is done in Chapter 5 full. He has been doing a lot of quality content for the rework, and then all of that work will be only for new content!
yep. I thought something like that would factor in... I kinda get the idea, I mean I actually financially support the game in my sig that is somewhat in the same boat with the upcoming Steam release, but it's not on the same level... there is some rework being done but not months and months of waiting. Anyway, I'll stop complaining on a pirate site, I appreciate the hell out of the devs that make content like this, just wanted to vent a little.

4.30 star(s) 505 Votes