MartinKrpan

May 15, 2020
Will be any new content for the previous chapters, or the dev will focus on chapter 5 now on? I want to wait till all the rewritting done for the previous chapters. So can I start it or not?
Afaik he will work on chapter 5 now and finish with the rework of chapter 2 and then the game will go on Steam. At least I think i got that right.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
View attachment 2453348
But to entertain your intention to help: non-modded version, I was loading saves from the previous version (3.5).
There is no way to help, he just likes to break saves, happens on both his games, whether it's a new version or re-re-remake of old chapters
Was rev 3.5 the last rev you downloaded and played prior to downloading rev 4.5 Full?

If not, what was the last rev you downloaded and played prior to downloading rev 4.5 Full.

I can't speak to WIAB since I have been holding off on playing it until it is further along.

I have only had problems with Summers Gone when I tried to load a modded save into an unmodded game and vice versa.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Can't use previous saves? it gives me an error
That is not my experience.

If you are trying to load saves from CH 1, 2, CH 3 or CH 3.5, you are likely to have save problems due to the changes Ocean has made in them, depending on the last time you played that content.

I'm sure there are variable changes that old saves cannot account for.

I had no problem loading anything from CH 4.5 to enjoy again.

If you want to play old saves again, you will have to restart due to all the reworking done (including major music changes which no one, particularly Occean, wanted).

If you are only interested in content going forward, CH 4.5 saves should be good for CH 5 content when it arrives.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Instead of adding new stuff to first 4.5 chapters, how about finishing it? refinement can come after completion. The story/plot is great even with the lewd elements.
He can't. If you played 4.5 beta and this 4.5 final, you'd realize that he's been changing / remodeling the plot, too. The whole story part that he hasn't reworked yet doesn't fit in with the rest of the story anymore:
second half of chapter 2 and the beginning of chapter 3 don't fit in with the rest, therefore he must rewrite them now.

Logber

Jul 29, 2018
Was rev 3.5 the last rev you downloaded and played prior to downloading rev 4.5 Full?

If not, what was the last rev you downloaded and played prior to downloading rev 4.5 Full.

I can't speak to WIAB since I have been holding off on playing it until it is further along.

I have only had problems with Summers Gone when I tried to load a modded save into an unmodded game and vice versa.
Yeah, 3.5 was the last rev I downloaded and played specifically because of the broken saves reason I held off, thinking 3.5 was the last one to break saves, but it happened again :(

Reactions: SAMASH112

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Yeah, 3.5 was the last rev I downloaded and played specifically because of the broken saves reason I held off, thinking 3.5 was the last one to break saves, but it happened again:(
What's the problem. He's reworking the first chapters' plot. He has been reworking the whole story prior the first therapy session with Amber, therefore you're supposed to replay the whole game, because the content - story, plot, dialogues - he has been telling since MC's first therapy session doesn't fit with what has happened before.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
In what route do you think that happens?
are two 2 routes or more? (I read only light and dark)
is there really a dark route?
i remember maybe 1 year ago , i had great discusion with some ppl here about :ROFLMAO:
because the lack of the "dark" route :p

and no idk - the whole amber stuff is still a nope for me (the psycho crap)

dont know if this is still a thing
https://f95zone.to/threads/summers-gone-ch-4-5-full-oceanlab.29981/post-6400878
Much more than 2 paths. The entire light vs dark concept was thrown out a long time ago. And even before that, there were multiple paths to various LI's.

Logber

Jul 29, 2018
What's the problem. He's reworking the first chapters' plot. He has been reworking the whole story prior the first therapy session with Amber, therefore you're supposed to replay the whole game, because the content - story, plot, dialogues - he has been telling since MC's first therapy session doesn't fit with what has happened before.
Can't help but feel like he's trying to re-re-re-remake everything over and over again, just like he did with WiAB :FacePalm:
Like, just get your head straight regarding the story and give us new content.
Guess I'll just wait for the completed version, cause I cba replaying the whole thing and remembering my previous choices...hopefully he doesn't add a 1.01 version just to fuck with my saves one last time :HideThePain:
Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy and love the game, which is a first for me for these types of games (usually I tend to see them as money milkers, 4.5 chapters and hours of reading and we still don't have a single sex scene, but the story and romance is very good, enjoyable and emotional), but it still irks me at some points.

Last edited:

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
I've never had issues with SG or wiab saves myself. Do people play with mods and then realise it fucks their saves or what?

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
As I understand from the comments, a remake update will come again. I almost started playing all over again. I guess see you in 2 years.
None of his updates take that long. I don't understand why people think he pushes one update a year. It's usually 2.

4.30 star(s) 505 Votes