Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
Queue music.
Never ending stoooory.

I get "developers" wanting to make a game look good, but Oceanlab and others simply spend too much time on renders and too little time on actually progressing the story.

Its a shame though because its a good story.

My guess is that within a couple of years we might be at CH 6 (still without any sex obviously) - and then another "rewrite/re-render" is announced and it starts all over again - simply because the developer has lost any drive to actually finish the story - and can only milk patrons by doing something new - and what is better than re-releasing the same stuff, in even higher resolution and with slightly better animations.

A real shame that we have so few developers that actually release chapters and so many that worry about polishing their shit until it shines.
I don’t know, I still know quite a few developers that release consistent updates in short amounts of time. SmilingDog (Jikage Rising), Caribdis (Eternum), and the Seeds of Chaos guy (At least back when I used to follow the game. Not sure how periodic they are now).
And of course, there are the couple hundred games who release monthly with comparatively shitty renders, cookie cutter storylines and other cut corners.

And, for the rework thing, I don't think that that's going to happen. Reason being that the renders are about as close to age-proof as you can get. Unless Ocean has an Avatar-level leap in graphics - and even then - I don't think there's any need to rework the graphics any further. There's no way the difference in visuals will ever be as distinct as Ch1 vs Ch4.5. The improvements are becoming hyperbolic in nature, you can tell by comparing 4 and 4.5 to 2 and 3.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
one question at first did anyone else think Sasha was Summer?
i did first time MC sees her in the gym, but since it was already confirmed that she isnt, i think he just remembers her from a random past memory
Good lord... didn't you see that Summer has at least 3 visible beauty marks on her face? Sasha has none and her skin is definitely paler. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Reactions: kratos1234

DrakaF

Dec 4, 2020
Summer's Gone Walkthrough

As Zoey Raven has ceased working on the Summer's Gone walkthough, I've built a new one.

If you find any errors or have constructive suggestions to improve the usability of this walkthrough, please let me know.

Edit: Updated for Chapter 4.5.
Thanks for this update!
Can you/somebody tell me up untill where in this Walkthrough the renders & story for Chapter 2 are reworked?
Thanks.

Reactions: Meushi

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
And, for the rework thing, I don't think that that's going to happen. Reason being that the renders are about as close to age-proof as you can get. Unless Ocean has an Avatar-level leap in graphics - and even then - I don't think there's any need to rework the graphics any further. There's no way the difference in visuals will ever be as distinct as Ch1 vs Ch4.5. The improvements are becoming hyperbolic in nature, you can tell by comparing 4 and 4.5 to 2 and 3.
Graphic maybe not since we're slowly reaching a cap, but you can always find something to rework like dialogues, plot elements, camera angles, different outfits....

• Sad
Reactions: hawk784563

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
just wait for 5 more years, new AI art and all shit that will come, and tell that again :HideThePain:
this dev will hardly ever stop reworking, unless something really drastic changes.
the best we can hope in the next 30-40 years (if no global cataclysms happen and he goes full time developing with a proper studio) is for removal of that damned "blueball police" warning:BootyTime:

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
He changed Renpy revs in CH 4 requiring a full restart.

This was one of the initial screens that could not be avoided when a CH 4 download was made.

I checked on page 1 and, for whatever reason, this was not added by a moderator (not sure if this is standard practice or not).

View attachment 2455746

If you went directly from v 3.5 to v 4.5, this would have been missed.

Cheers!
Well, that's down to the devs poor planning. Experienced devs know not to update versions during a games developments as Renpy never guarantees save compatibility between versions, although an experienced coder could write a convertor as for example Dr Pinkcake did with Badik seasons 1/2

Reactions: jock1a

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
just wait for 5 more years, new AI art and all shit that will come, and tell that again :HideThePain:
this dev will hardly ever stop reworking, unless something really drastic changes.
the best we can hope in the next 30-40 years (if no global cataclysms happen and he goes full time developing with a proper studio) is for removal of that damned "blueball police" warning:BootyTime:
Yeah, it's laughable, considering G9 can deliver far more realistic renders and that's not even counting using alternatives like Unreal

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Yeah, it's laughable, considering G9 can deliver far more realistic renders and that's not even counting using alternatives like Unreal
yup, the technology will advance, no doubt there.
it already is unimaginable to play 5-years old games without at least a little chuckle on how funny renders/art are looking (if that is the game focus ofc).
if the dev main intention is "perfection" in that department, that will be an endless loop for him and for his unfortunate players.

ok, now enough dark ducky for a while - hopefully that wont be the case though and that he will find his way to break free from reworking in future:HideThePain:

Reactions: weirdscix

Zenith2137

Apr 13, 2020
I played this game like two years ago during chapter 4.5 release. I check the latest game updates page today and I see that chapter 4.5 has been released. What changed:WaitWhat:

• Haha
Reactions: hawk784563
Mar 7, 2023
Summer's Gone Walkthrough

As Zoey Raven has ceased working on the Summer's Gone walkthough, I've built a new one.

If you find any errors or have constructive suggestions to improve the usability of this walkthrough, please let me know.

Edit: Updated for Chapter 4.5.
Nice, I only hope you will decipher some of those cryptic variables, most people cannot do much with OeVaGe4x0. I had the same problems when I went through the rpy scripts. So actually you didn't really make a walkthrough, you just made a readable deconstruct of the scripts or so...

Which is nice too of course...

Garen

May 6, 2017
Because I've had degenerative nerve/joint damage for the last 15 years [since I was 26] and the pain is only going to get worse, I've already had every medication and surgical procedure that my doctors think could help, and I have no intention of becoming a completely crippled lump of never-ending torture, I have a decent life insurance policy [to take care of my girl, she's quite a bit younger than me and will have loads of life left to live, no need for her to be poor while doing it, so she'll end up with my house and a bit over a mil in cash and other assets, though she doesn't know that she is the main beneficiary yet and also make sure any estate taxes and fees are covered.] and an exit strategy for when I can't take it anymore.

I don't know how far away that day is yet but given the current rate of progress 25 years is out of the question unless some breakthrough treatments pop up.
Until then though I'll keep doing whatever the hell I like, having as much sex as possible with my hot gf and at night when I can't take any more laying down [I don't sleep much] and everyone else is sleeping I'll be reading lewd VNs.
Just think of the visibly pregnant Bella CG we'll get at the end.

1658489029526790.png

Mar 7, 2023
I don't know how far away that day is yet but given the current rate of progress 25 years is out of the question unless some breakthrough treatments pop up.
Until then though I'll keep doing whatever the hell I like, having as much sex as possible with my hot gf and at night when I can't take any more laying down [I don't sleep much] and everyone else is sleeping I'll be reading lewd VNs.
At least you are having lots of sex... Which is nice...

Reactions: kratos1234
4.30 star(s) 505 Votes