Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Bud, there's over 1,200 differences between that old patch and the Full OEM scripts... I just scanned it. It's not just the songs. It's a boatload of grammatical changes, all the new persistent file unlocks for images to the OEM gallery, etc. That old patch is broken like all the others... they are all the same ones.
Damn. I hope that doesn't mean they're removing the incest

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Well, that's down to the devs poor planning. Experienced devs know not to update versions during a games developments as Renpy never guarantees save compatibility between versions, although an experienced coder could write a convertor as for example Dr Pinkcake did with Badik seasons 1/2
I trust Ocean and I agreed with his decision - it's not like trying to improve my Summers Gone experience was going to cause me to stop supporting him!

The old version of Renpy was causing save game issues that were only going to get worse.

He made the call to update the rev of Renpy so that Summers Gone would be more stable and there would be far fewer save game problems for his supporters.

Experienced devs know that some projects that are not intended to be finished in a 3-year window will require updates to core software so that they can continue to tell their story and tell it well.

In my experience, Repny updates are the norm for VNs with a longer dev cycle and, while it's great that one of the most successful devs around, in terms of $ generation, can pull off a converter, I've supported/am supporting a number of devs who are not resourced at that level.

I'm looking forward to as many Seasons of Summers Gone as Ocean wants to create!

Cheers!

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
And here I am hoping a little Nojiko action slips into the possible results down the road.

Nami first, of course.
I did notice Noji showed off more of her body in the new CH 2.

It was not a tease and fit into the scene with the MC on the porch, but Nojiko is a good-looking woman.

I do wonder how the MC's perspective will change once his equipment is fully functional without having to conjure up images of Summer to make that happen.

Will he pay more attention to the women who are trying to get his attention, or will he seem to be more available to those women?

Ocean is a great storyteller so I think this is another part of the journey will be quite a ride.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
I did notice Noji showed off more of her body in the new CH 2.

It was not a tease and fit into the scene with the MC on the porch, but Nojiko is a good-looking woman.

I do wonder how the MC's perspective will change once his equipment is fully functional without having to conjure up images of Summer to make that happen.

Will he pay more attention to the women who are trying to get his attention, or will he seem to be more available to those women?

Ocean is a great storyteller so I think this is another part of the journey will be quite a ride.
You're damn right and well spoken as well

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

Vopeco

Mar 16, 2020
Not anymore imo. That's about the ugliest Nami has been so far. First few versions included. You know when according to some she looked like a crack whore. To someone like me who finds "thicc" girls immensely unattractive she looks fugly there. And I believe she has the hottest body of all girls. Maybe tied with Vanessa and Maja.

EDIT: Also I can't be the only one noticing how the girls consistently change body types from chapter to chapter. Even render to render sometimes. Like I've never seen an AVN with such inconsistency when it comes to body proportions.
Which chapter do you think Nami looked better in? her body at the lake was perfection IMHO - Small perky tits, wonderful bubble gum pink nipples, and tight fit petite body, she had a little perky bubble butt at the lake too if you remember, with a bit of curve to the hips to go with it also. Just right for her body size and frame I thought.

I noticed her hips and nice round ass in Chapter 4.5 when going into her room to kiss her too, but she is still smaller than a lot of the other girls, tiddies and ass wise I would say. Even Maja's ass appears to be THICCER than Nami's since you brought her up.

At first glance in the Chapter 2 rework I didn't notice that Ocean made Nami THICCER, where she is doing The Wiggly I think will make her appear THICCER because of the angle of her hips and the camera but we'd have to get an answer from Ocean if it's the same body model shape used in later chapters, but since we know he's been using and trying out different shapes with Mila I suppose it's a possibility.

Last edited:

Cooling Prob

Mar 7, 2019
I guess there was more development in other routes other than the sleepover. Love the game. It would make a great mini series. Probably have to be 30 or 40 hrs long by the time this thing is done :)

jock1a

Sep 1, 2022
Well the rework looks good and took out some of the things that needed took out i suppose. Just this has taken so long to get nowhere. I am glad he has some supporters that are die hard fans. i will check back in a couple years see if there is any new parts to the story.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
The anti-censorship patch cannot be applied in this complete chapter 4, right? I can't find any link for pc, and the one that comes out is for android but the beta version.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
The anti-censorship patch cannot be applied in this complete chapter 4, right? I can't find any link for pc, and the one that comes out is for android but the beta version.
Attaching the one I downloaded yesterday - I've only played it up through the Ch2 re-work, so can't guarantee anything after that -

Reactions: Don Sucio

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
If I'm not mistaken, chapter 4 full does not contain anything new, only a reworking of chapter 2. I ask because when I try to load some of my advanced games I get the typical error message, it is necessary that I play it all again so that in future updates I don't did i get the error?

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
If I'm not mistaken, chapter 4 full does not contain anything new, only a reworking of chapter 2. I ask because when I try to load some of my advanced games I get the typical error message, it is necessary that I play it all again so that in future updates I don't did i get the error?
The thing is.... Ocean is reworking the game while he develop its further. So the last update always contains some reworked (or better said A LOT) content, this time chapter 2, next time the rest of chapter 2, and we will see if he wants to rework soemthing out of chapter 3 too, but i dont think so.

So to use an old save is either way not useful. Cause the changes are rather big. I know its annoying to start over again, but nobody is pressuring anyone to do so... instead you could just wait until the rework is done... whenever that is. Or live with it, and start again...

But i think starting all over is not that big of an issue... for now setting up 2 different playthroughs is enough so get nearly everything without missing anything meaningful.

I enjoy the rework overall very much and i think Ocean had a pretty good idea why he is doing so. Some prefer the previous versions, but the longer the game goes, the more sense makes the rework, i still have the old version, and must say, how the MC acts there in the first chapters doesnt fit him anymore later on... with the rework and added characters it all is a lot better in the flow.

But there are som continuity errors Ocean needs to get rid off, but nothing major...

there is no "new" content after ch 4.5... BUT the rework is not just a "rework" in improving the renders or such... no there are a lot new scenes and even characters added. So this is new content, but before 4.5.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Which chapter do you think Nami looked better in? her body at the lake was perfection IMHO - Small perky tits, wonderful bubble gum pink nipples, and tight fit petite body, she had a little perky bubble butt at the lake too if you remember, with a bit of curve to the hips to go with it also. Just right for her body size and frame I thought.

I noticed her hips and nice round ass in Chapter 4.5 when going into her room to kiss her too, but she is still smaller than a lot of the other girls, tiddies and ass wise I would say. Even Maja's ass appears to be THICCER than Nami's since you brought her up.

At first glance in the Chapter 2 rework I didn't notice that Ocean made Nami THICCER, where she is doing The Wiggly I think will make her appear THICCER because of the angle of her hips and the camera but we'd have to get an answer from Ocean if it's the same body model shape used in later chapters, but since we know he's been using and trying out different shapes with Mila I suppose it's a possibility.
The fact that I can no longer tell you in which chapter she looked better is exactly my point. Maybe it's just me but I notice her body change in size and shape from scene to scene. Ocean is making her "thiccer" with every update/rework. She looks great at the lake, in the gym, the night where they get drunk on the couch with that yoga outfit and the jacuzzi. She even looked good to me before the rework. Sure her face and hair were a bit fucked up but body wise, still great. I started to notice in 4.5 when you go out with her to grab pizza. Her ass and hips look are larger in that scene with the blue panties than ever before. Shit hit the fan with 4.5 full. She straight up looks ugly to me in some scenes/shots like "the wiggle" one.

I truly hated every single bit of the new update tbh. Girls look worse. New characters being injected retroactively. Story beats changing drastically. The MC's personality went from interesting to weird cringetard. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the source of his trauma was Summer playfully shoving her pinky up his ass and he snapped at the cabin. Then she moved away with her family. Every ounce of captivating atmosphere and storytelling is being washed away by generic "fixes" with every update to the point SG is borderline uninteresting to me now. I'm well aware I'm in the tiny minority here. And that's fine. At least everyone else can enjoy it.

jock1a

Sep 1, 2022
it let me play my saved game and i deleted the old game completely and installed this new version. Well rerendered version which takes you back to the sleepover that was way back in the game so if your trying to load something that happened after that i am sure it won't load.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
The thing is.... Ocean is reworking the game while he develop its further. So the last update always contains some reworked (or better said A LOT) content, this time chapter 2, next time the rest of chapter 2, and we will see if he wants to rework soemthing out of chapter 3 too, but i dont think so.

So to use an old save is either way not useful. Cause the changes are rather big. I know its annoying to start over again, but nobody is pressuring anyone to do so... instead you could just wait until the rework is done... whenever that is. Or live with it, and start again...

But i think starting all over is not that big of an issue... for now setting up 2 different playthroughs is enough so get nearly everything without missing anything meaningful.

I enjoy the rework overall very much and i think Ocean had a pretty good idea why he is doing so. Some prefer the previous versions, but the longer the game goes, the more sense makes the rework, i still have the old version, and must say, how the MC acts there in the first chapters doesnt fit him anymore later on... with the rework and added characters it all is a lot better in the flow.

But there are som continuity errors Ocean needs to get rid off, but nothing major...

there is no "new" content after ch 4.5... BUT the rework is not just a "rework" in improving the renders or such... no there are a lot new scenes and even characters added. So this is new content, but before 4.5.
I'm a bit lazy to start over from scratch, so I simply loaded a save from before chapter 2 and I'm going from there, since the new content is only in chapter 2. Thank you very much for answering my question

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
it let me play my saved game and i deleted the old game completely and installed this new version. Well rerendered version which takes you back to the sleepover that was way back in the game so if your trying to load something that happened after that i am sure it won't load.
No game loads for me beyond the scene where we visit Vic in the hospital (I think it's chapter 2 starting). But while playing I have realized that there is new content in chapter 2, so I understand that it must be for this reason that nothing loads me beyond chapter 2

4.30 star(s) 505 Votes