Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
The fact that I can no longer tell you in which chapter she looked better is exactly my point. Maybe it's just me but I notice her body change in size and shape from scene to scene. Ocean is making her "thiccer" with every update/rework. She looks great at the lake, in the gym, the night where they get drunk on the couch with that yoga outfit and the jacuzzi. She even looked good to me before the rework. Sure her face and hair were a bit fucked up but body wise, still great. I started to notice in 4.5 when you go out with her to grab pizza. Her ass and hips look are larger in that scene with the blue panties than ever before. Shit hit the fan with 4.5 full. She straight up looks ugly to me in some scenes/shots like "the wiggle" one.

I truly hated every single bit of the new update tbh. Girls look worse. New characters being injected retroactively. Story beats changing drastically. The MC's personality went from interesting to weird cringetard. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the source of his trauma was Summer playfully shoving her pinky up his ass and he snapped at the cabin. Then she moved away with her family. Every ounce of captivating atmosphere and storytelling is being washed away by generic "fixes" with every update to the point SG is borderline uninteresting to me now. I'm well aware I'm in the tiny minority here. And that's fine. At least everyone else can enjoy it.
i can kinda understand you though... BUT, playing the old chapter 1 and 2, and going further in the game with chapter 3 and 4... the game has a huge change in attire and overall atmopshere... after a while the "dark" approach of the MC in chapter 1 and 2 doesnt make any sense anymore later on, cause its vanished. And thats where the reworks kicks in... It changes the game more to the attire and atmosphere like they are later on, like this it felt more like "one" game not two different games in one.

The rework was done cause the overall approach at the start of the game, doesnt fit the idea of the later game anymore i think, beside the huge difference in render-quality and appearence.

But yeah, the rework makes a major difference to the versions before, and if you loved the approach before, the rework makes i kinda less appealing i get it... Overall, the game kinda goes more in a "mainstream" approach you could say i think.

Overall i liked the somewhat darker approach in the previous versions more, like you did. But with chapter 3 and especially 4 and onwards, i thaught "hm strange, the MC is acting totally different compared to the start of the game, feels like a cut in the game between chapter 2 and 3" and that has changed now so the game as a whole has a better flow.

Reactions: RNasc4444

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
Just wanted to remind anyone who is interested how cute Bella reacts when Vic is nice to her. Poor girl had been mistreated by girls who don't belong to her circle of friends so much that she gets visibly confused when somebody else is genuinely nice to her. Bella is simply precious.

screenshot0009.png
screenshot0010.png

LevokosM

Jan 30, 2018
Respect yourself and other people's work. If you like this content, support the author financially.

Windows:
Mega
Mac:
Mega
Android:
TBA​
TBA​
TBA​
TBA​
TBA​
Reuploaded bug fix version (e.g. missed images, some typos).

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Reuploaded bug fix version (e.g. missed images, some typos).
Bud, there's over 1,200 differences between that old patch and the Full OEM scripts...
The patch has also been about an hour ago.

The new version fixes some audio, images, typos (presumably the same things changed in the new update).

There are 45 differences with the 4.5 patch released a couple of days ago, so it won't have addressed all the issues mentioned by Sancho1969.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Great. Now we have to wait for chapter 5 which will take at least 7 months and then we got wait for Ocean to rework chapter 3 and so on and so forth.

Yeah, this game will never get finished.
No one if forcing you to wait for anything here.

If you are concerned about playing something that 'will never get finished' - why are you here when Summers Gone is Not marked as complete?

Ocean's release schedule is as follows:

WIAB next rev, Beta

WIAB next rev, Full

Summers Gone CH 5 Beta (has new content)

Summers Gone CH 5 Full (includes the 35 - 40% of the CH 2 rework that remain, as well as any continuity work that needs to be added)

Season 1 (CH 1 - 5), Steam release

This is Ocean's story to tell, and he is doing a Great job!

The rework has significantly added to the story and better framed the level of anxiety that the MC is experiencing as he tries to break out of his self-imposed isolation.

It also added/broadened the Sasha path, which will get a nice bump in attention in Season 2, and added to a number of other relationships/encounters... like beanpole :) because that was funny as hell!

I've gone to a Universal Theme Park and waited more than an hour in line to get 5 minutes on a great rollercoaster, then gone back again - the ride was worth the wait.

If you don't have the patience for the wait, or the story is not worth your wait, then this type of VN is not for you - and that's okay.

I hope you find some completed content that you can enjoy!

Cheers!

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
Replaying chapter 1 before play chapter 2.1, man, the music intro is a downgrade; the old song really sell you the game, the new one is just... okay. Not more, not less. At least the chapter is better now, with a Victoria that looks like an human and not an animatronic and a most funny MC, less Shadow the Edgylord and more an human being.
Of course, Bella, Mila and every other girl are hot as fuck, I can understand the "big tits problem" with Mila, but again, they are a lot of hot girls in this game, one of them need to have the biggest tits.

And about the girl that kill herself that Mila talks... I'm pretty sure is Bella's sister; Mila is talking about her looking all the time at Bella's direction, and it can explain their strange relationship. They not interact directly but Bella is bulling constantly Mila when the MC is present and Mila doesn't want to have anything to do with Bella.

Finally, I'm happy and understand why Oceans is doing the remake of chapters 1 and 2, but with two games at the same time and the remake the wait it feels eternal. He can't go more fast because he is not slow, it's just to much in the plate and I'm really worried about he trying to do more than he can do, but that's a problem that only he can resolve.

Mar 7, 2023
Replaying chapter 1 before play chapter 2.1, man, the music intro is a downgrade; the old song really sell you the game, the new one is just... okay. Not more, not less.
The music as you could read before, wasn't his choice. He seemed to get problems with licensing and even needed a lawyer to get it right. So he was only allowed to make his own music or get license free music.

And he too wrote about it, that it's a little less....

Reactions: Srimanta

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
It's not common for the "official" patch to have 1,200 differences... that's never happened before with this VN so I'd say it uncommon practice. Hell, the patch has the player unlocking a Vanessa image in Ch2 when it's clearly in Ch4 of the Full VN. It's a beta patch meaning it's not done correctly has been my whole point. Regardless I've sorted it 100% for the pending mod update. I'll release a non-modded version of the fully functional, exact dialogue (except what's expected to be altered) to the current non-Patched Full VN when I'm done with the mod update. That'll end all confusion and give folks the exact experience they would have playing the Full VN but having a proper "iPatch" included.
Sancho, I just wanted to say thanks for all the work you are putting into making a great mod for Summers Gone.

Many of us enjoy an enhanced Summers Gone experience due to your modding work!

Reactions: Ilhares
Mar 7, 2023
why are you even arguing with sancho, he's building the mods and the patches that make the games better, you're likely wrong and even if you aren't, stop distracting him with your bullshit
Just a question, how is he making the game better? The patch just contains thousands of lines of normal talk, which is in the game anyway. There is no incest to unlock, she is your sister before and after.

It's my opinion that this game doesn't need the patch, and without it, you have less problems it seems...

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
The music as you could read before, wasn't his choice. He seemed to get problems with licensing and even needed a lawyer to get it right. So he was only allowed to make his own music or get license free music.

Actually, a big issue is that Summers Gone is an adult VN, and it will eventually have the full-on adult content that comes with the physical intimacy the MC will enjoy with the different women of Summers Gone.

Some of the music entities do not allow their artists to be included in Adult content, even if the artist/music group would have allowed it on their own.

Ocean spends a significant amount of $ buying licenses to great music, but we did lose a number of songs that were perfect for different scenes or the animations that included them, like the Humble Hey song - What My Mama Said - when Bella decided to leave Ayua and drive through the night to go be with her guy, the MC.

That song was Perfect for that animation and those emotions.

There is placeholder music in a number of places now and Ocean will find songs for those placeholders but not at the expense of holding back the CH 4.5 Full release.

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020

Yes, I know, is not a critique about Oceans, is about the backstabbers motherfuckers that force him to change the music. Pretty sad.

Jordanskene01

Dec 11, 2022
Just a question, how is he making the game better? The patch just contains thousands of lines of normal talk, which is in the game anyway. There is no incest to unlock, she is your sister before and after.

It's my opinion that this game doesn't need the patch, and without it, you have less problems it seems...
There are issues with the current version of the game so in his mods that he usually makes he is fixing those things or at least trying to.

4.30 star(s) 505 Votes