Oct 10, 2022
Agree. But... Ocean created an ocean full of beautiful and attractive girls... And woman...
Totally agree, people are missing a lot of hotties because there are lots of them. Like I never see someone says how hot Cindy is, people simply overlook her but if she was in another game she would be worshipped by fans. It goes same for the main characters also. All I am wondering how many ending there will be, because each beauty will have own fanbase and if they won't have at least meaningful ending for their favourite, they will riot. :unsure:

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Totally agree, people are missing a lot of hotties because there are lots of them. Like I never see someone says how hot Cindy is, people simply overlook her but if she was in another game she would be worshipped by fans. It goes same for the main characters also. All I am wondering how many ending there will be, because each beauty will have own fanbase and if they won't have at least meaningful ending for their favourite, they will riot. :unsure:
At least attractive was probably the teacher, Maria, but she's with new hairstyle quite a looker. Coach Hill is a beauty too. Nojiko is "simple", but beautiful too.

twiztid

Oct 21, 2020
We know that Ocean's random characters could be the main cast in practically every other game. The worst is black silhouettes...
I agree Ocean puts great detail in the full cast. When you have a fully built background cast that stands out, it ties everything together. You can even take it a step further and make a group of people gossip and let the Mc gain knowledge of events, Lis, or anything just from background characters. It just adds life to the story, or world.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I agree Ocean puts great detail in the full cast. When you have a fully built background cast that stands out, it ties everything together. You can even take it a step further and make a group of people gossip and let the Mc gain knowledge of events, Lis, or anything just from background characters. It just adds life to the story, or world.
That's not a bad idea, I would like that.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
The worst is black silhouettes...
That was something I have never understood from some devs, why put this dummys into the scene? To let the - otherwise lifeless place - appear more vivid? Really?! I'm sure a mannequin, or many, that stands useless around like in some kind of crrepy movie makes the scene waaay more busy... o_O

Personally I would never put such a thing into a scene - a sure way to make a laughing stock out of myself. If I lack the computing power for such a scene would rewrite the scene to fit it for my hardware.

Luckyly, in this game this will never be the case.

Oct 10, 2022
That is not a bad idea and even implemented to the game somewhat at the bathroom scene. Though, wouldn't be too much of a hustle to deal with?

Reactions: rudy007

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Probably to avoid buying a character, clothes, posing, could be to accelerate production. There is one game that comes monthly and use it, then I can understand that. (Fun fact: First game from this developer had no silhouettes and came out monthly too. And was way better then his second game) But no, I just don't like it.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
That was something I have never understood from some devs, why put this dummys into the scene? To let the - otherwise lifeless place - appear more vivid? Really?! I'm sure a mannequin, or many, that stands useless around like in some kind of crrepy movie makes the scene waaay more busy... o_O

Personally I would never put such a thing into a scene - a sure way to make a laughing stock out of myself. If I lack the computing power for such a scene would rewrite the scene to fit it for my hardware.

Luckyly, in this game this will never be the case.
My guess is that even background character models that are not in the camera focus still consume a significant amount of rendering resources, while mannequins are very simple to render as they don't have skin textures, shaders and whatnot.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Agree. The posing, composition, and attention to detail of the background characters is superb. I suspect the main cast may never even interact with many of these background characters.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Ocean is adding a feature called Nami's Photobook. It will have pictures Nami takes so that the MC can look at her photobook and get insight about people, places and events even if he was not actually there. That will also add depth to Summers Gone.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Totally agree, people are missing a lot of hotties because there are lots of them. Like I never see someone says how hot Cindy is, people simply overlook her but if she was in another game she would be worshipped by fans.
Ya I will say, Cindy is pretty damn hot. If the relationship opportunities don't develop very quickly with Amber, and there's a chance to have some fun with Cindy before that point, my MC will absolutely be taking advantage of the opportunity. :D

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
My guess is that even background character models that are not in the camera focus still consume a significant amount of rendering resources, while mannequins are very simple to render as they don't have skin textures, shaders and whatnot.
if they aren't in focus (and even if they would be in focus, but aren't very close to camera) you can turn down the subd on the character and the assets on it, no one will ever notice, but a lot of these artists pay no attention to such things and then probably spend hours cpu rendering scenes that would normally take 5, maybe 10 minutes on a midrange gpu, I mean you can fit a lot of things in a 400eur 3060 with 12gb memory

Reactions: yossa999

Naiton

Apr 17, 2023
For me its the best game on this site but sadly as i played an old version first i have to compare it to itself. I like many changes like more panicattacks which made the trauma more impactful. I do not like that he is somewhat nicer now ...its too fast. I also not like :
1) that there are roommates now (takes the conflict with the "mother" away
2) that vics boobs got massive, namis ass ranges from nice to a trailorparkmom and sasha got also a dcup....everybody now is thicc or rly thicc (besides namis boobs)
3) the fight with b which he goes for your throat then now its just little punches.. fistly it removes the trauma that b has .. also the impact of how much she will defend it.

The faces are now much better in the early chapters. The music eyes and vibe of the game is something else .. sadly the mc was unique at first but getting soft after a few days of college

Sep 18, 2022
For me its the best game on this site but sadly as i played an old version first i have to compare it to itself. I like many changes like more panicattacks which made the trauma more impactful. I do not like that he is somewhat nicer now ...its too fast. I also not like :
1) that there are roommates now (takes the conflict with the "mother" away
2) that vics boobs got massive, namis ass ranges from nice to a trailorparkmom and sasha got also a dcup....everybody now is thicc or rly thicc (besides namis boobs)
3) the fight with b which he goes for your throat then now its just little punches.. fistly it removes the trauma that b has .. also the impact of how much she will defend it.

The faces are now much better in the early chapters. The music eyes and vibe of the game is something else .. sadly the mc was unique at first but getting soft after a few days of college
I agree that the fight lost a lot of impact.

Nojiko has never been MC's mom, even in patched versions.

Reactions: John972
4.30 star(s) 506 Votes