Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Wow what is this? Oh my God, those are the noises! I wonder why the ass-lickers aren’t outraged about this? Well, this is Ocean, he can do anything.
View attachment 2951249
I'd say this is a quite good cinematic back shot front lighted. The background in front of the MC should be blurry since the focus is on his neckline and upper shoulders where you can even see how the light seeps through his jumper, or whatever upper body garment he's wearing, to the right. A slight lighting on his right shoulder, to the left ( as he's facing the vehicle ). lit by the spiralling things further to the left.
Even those strings of hair sticking out ( fucking awful haircut Bella spent too much money on ) are, and should be blurred since the "camera" focus is on the vertical centre of that body mass.

I gather, since rendering is not my forte, that The Master Blender Defender would like the whole picture to be razor sharp.

That, my friend, would totally spoil this picture from a cinematographical point of view.

I find Oceans work to be more of a movie flic than just a VN, even the stills have a drive and motion to get the story moving.

That's my humble opinion as a former cinematography student.

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I'd say this is a quite good cinematic back shot front lighted. The background in front of the MC should be blurry since the focus is on his neckline and upper shoulders where you can even see how the light seeps through his jumper, or whatever upper body garment he's wearing, to the right. A slight lighting on his right shoulder, to the left ( as he's facing the vehicle ). lit by the spiralling things further to the left.
Even those strings of hair sticking out ( fucking awful haircut Bella spent too much money on ) are, and should be blurred since the "camera" focus is on the vertical centre of that body mass.

I gather, since rendering is not my forte, that The Master Blender Defender would like the whole picture to be razor sharp.

That, my friend, would totally spoil this picture from a cinematographical point of view.

I find Oceans work to be more of a movie flic than just a VN, even the stills have a drive and motion to get the story moving.

That's my humble opinion as a former cinematography student.
Exactly, thank you.

Also, it's not just the cinematographical point of view, but also adds believability, feeling of reality to 3D CG imagery. A depth of field, the way all real cameras with any kind of lens work in reality. It's the way human eyes work. The way most eyes in the nature work (AFAIK, some very simple life forms do have lensless eyes, some worms or something, able only to make a difference between darkness and light, moving shadows).
The only place where depth of field can be switched off is virtual 3D space, making any images with infinite depth of field looking fake, virtual, for anyone who "knows this shit", knows how reality looks like.

The only real cameras without depth of field are cameras that have no lens - the pinhole cameras. Some people build and use them to create artistic pinhole camera photos. However, they can not be used for actual normal photography nor cinematography. At least not yet (there was an article about lensless cameras being developed for phones, however, no one has seen a working model yet).

Only someone who has zero clue about optics, cameras, photography and cinematography and has been likely looking at 3D games without depth of field a lot more than movies or real photos or "offscreen reality" in general, can possibly say that a 3D CG render that has no depth of field looks more realistic than the one that has. It's simply ridiculous and laughable. Some may like that kind of images, but saying that they look more real is either very dumb or a dumb lie.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Exactly, thank you.

Also, it's not just the cinematographical point of view, but also adds believability, feeling of reality to 3D CG imagery. A depth of field, the way all real cameras with any kind of lens work in reality. It's the way human eyes work. The way most eyes in the nature work (AFAIK, some very simple life forms do have lensless eyes, some worms or something, able only to make a difference between darkness and light, moving shadows).
The only place where depth of field can be switched off is virtual 3D space, making any images with infinite depth of field looking fake, virtual, for anyone who "knows this shit", knows how reality looks like.

The only real cameras without depth of field are cameras that have no lens - the pinhole cameras. Some people build and use them to create artistic pinhole camera photos. However, they can not be used for actual normal photography nor cinematography. At least not yet (there was an article about lensless cameras being developed for phones, however, no one has seen a working model yet).

Only someone who has zero clue about optics, cameras, photography and cinematography and has been likely looking at 3D games without depth of field a lot more than movies or real photos or "offscreen reality" in general, can possibly say that a 3D CG render that has no depth of field looks more realistic than the one that has. It's simply ridiculous and laughable. Some may like that kind of images, but saying that they look more real is either very dumb or a dumb lie.
Working in thirds. Depth of field. Lighting. Shadows. They are all just as important as the main subject itself. for if you drop the ball on one area it will drag the quality, overall, down. Everything matters in a scene. Sadly it is something not all AVN creators are either aware of.. Or simply just ignore.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
When Ocean meant by a "double release", does he mean he will release the new update both at the same time?
He makes two games, SG and WIAB. He will release update for both... but... SG will be beta, means new content but not reworked last part of old game... Full version will be few months after... Christmas or begin pf next year... And that will be finished all rework and first chapter... Update after will be first update of second chapter... It's tough to predict when it will be released, but somewhere after June next year probably...

DampAnkles

Mar 18, 2018
Is the developer Chinese? This has got to be the most detached view of seemingly American group of young people entering higher education, that I've witnessed. I love the "slow burn" romance moniker, disguised as suckling the $$ nipple.
I'll have to mention that the renders are Very good.
Lebron James, just out of high school?
Nobody that's into cars even looks twice at a Dodge Viper. They look away

4.30 star(s) 503 Votes