PeopleCallMeSmile

Jan 5, 2020
Ok, if he needs a break to avoid burnout ok, he gotta do it, but at least try to give us the fucking update at once and try to avoid making this AVN so eternal. 30 chapters is WAY too many time of developement and he's doing it while working in another game? Dude, be real. I'll be around 40 years old once this thing is done, come on!
ra.jpg

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I like that the game has the intended length, I just hope he can upgrade his hardware to a point where the updates will come a lot quicker. On the bright side I don't think he's incorporating much in the way of free-roam / mini-games so that at least should not cause an additional hindrance.

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
I like that the game has the intended length, I just hope he can upgrade his hardware to a point where the updates will come a lot quicker. On the bright side I don't think he's incorporating much in the way of free-roam / mini-games so that at least should not cause an additional hindrance.
Hardware isn't the primary bottleneck except for a small number of scenes with large numbers of assets that need to load. Posing models takes a lot of effort and is a fixed time input regardless of hardware. Until there are AI tools to help reduce the time spent getting poses and expressions just right, there will always be a minimum development time for the discerning dev that cannot be accelerated without settling for stock poses. Ocean is too much of an artist to forego nuance, so that won't ever happen.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Ok, if he needs a break to avoid burnout ok, he gotta do it, but at least try to give us the fucking update at once and try to avoid making this AVN so eternal. 30 chapters is WAY too many time of developement and he's doing it while working in another game? Dude, be real. I'll be around 40 years old once this thing is done, come on!
View attachment 2964937
Okay, you're very convincing. I'm calling dibs on the first cut!
[Looks around, fearing that sorco2003 is wandering anywhere nearby, and lowers his voice to a whisper]

First we get rid of one of the games. I think I don't have to voice the game's name, everybody here agree what will it be, right?
Okay, now that he can concentrate on "Summer's Gone" alone, I suggest he throwing the fuck out the further tabletop shit. The girls were hot in those tight futuristic outfits, I won't deny it, and Nami grew up some tiddy, but that's all. No more. No game within a game, save it for another VN. In the future, a few pictures of them, sitting at a table and playing the cards would be enough. Although playing the Devil card against Nadia must be shown properly. With groping and all the things Nancy talked about. I insist on this!

Good job so far. We have reduced the overall development time by several years. But it's still too long. Now we have no choice but to start throwing away some of the LIs. And I'm giving you space here because I don't want to get my balls twisted by angry fans of the girl you're planning to kick out of the game.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
View attachment 2964937
There has been some commentary about burnout and Ocean's choice to make SG and WIAB concurrently, with some of us posting why we understand this/accept this while others don't fall into this category.

I understand that there are some here on this thread that want him to focus on SG and either drop WIAB or put it far on the back burner.

I don't see Ocean making this change - this is his creation and vision - so we either accept it, rail against the 'unfairness' of it, or move on and focus on enjoying some of the Thousands of other creations here on F95.

As to your comment: try to give us the fucking update at once

Should he just drop a buggy Alpha now?

Would you enjoy getting bounced out of SG because of bugs, missing images etc.?

Are you saying that you would not be back on this thread complaining about the buggy release and why didn't Ocean take the time to get it right?

What about everyone else who enjoys SG?

SG is the flagship for his brand and represents his creativity and capability as an artist and as a businessman.

He gives us dev logs every two weeks, letting us know what he is working on and the status of the next update for both SG and WIAB.

THE slowdown for SG right now is the phone that Ocean wants to add to SG as part of CH 5.

zzzzzPhone-Main-Menu1.png

zzzzzPhone-Main-Menu1a.png

The freelancer he hired to do the phone bailed on him, so he took over the phone coding and he does rely on others to help with other aspects of the phone (mentioned in previous posts here).

I think the phone is a nice added feature for SG, and it allows for future features and better immersion, all 'in game.'

So:

High quality renders, animations, great music, and new features - these are all part of what Ocean delivers in Summers Gone.

This is also what he plans on delivering on Steam when SG Season 1 goes live.

Is he Very ambitious with his plans for SG? Yes

Is it worth it for his $ supporters? Yes (speaking for myself and, anecdotally, assessing a Yes given the support levels that SG enjoys.)

So, you have a decision to make:

Accept Ocean's development choices for SG/WIAB.

Rail against Ocean's development choices for SG/WIAB but stay for the updates.

Or

Leave to seek other less ambitious creators, perhaps concentrating on those with short development cycles or the completed tag.

Good Luck with your choice!

Cheers!! :coffee:

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
Hello. I think the old Bella at home render was good then what is now. Please, it's a request that if you could change it back to the old one. View attachment 2966177 View attachment 2966179
The old Bella looks like a psychopatic killer-clown just before stabbing you in the nuts in comparision to the new Bella. I am not kink shaming, but I prefer the new Bella.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I look at the new Mila’s... hmm... upper part, and a line from an old song begins to sound in my head:
"... like a snowball down the mountain, or a carnival balloon..."
She must be a Helen's child... Or sister.
Whatever, there should be at least one special girl in the game :KEK:
Not that those who have not yet begun to appreciate her curves have no one to choose from, right?

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
I think the phone is a nice added feature for SG, and it allows for future features and better immersion, all 'in game.'
I´m with you here,i understand if people complain about the much details in the phone and why is necessary so much for a phone in the game, but i find it important, it isn´t the most important thing in the game but i have played other games with this tool and i love it, it makes you stay inside the game and feel all more realistic, like if it was your real life phone.

I think all of we have seen BaD phone and its funcionalitiy and i think is pretty nice... So if Ocean can gave us this inmersive and customizable option like in BaD but better and more original i´m good with that.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I´m with you here,i understand if people complain about the much details in the phone and why is necessary so much for a phone in the game, but i find it important, it isn´t the most important thing in the game but i have played other games with this tool and i love it, it makes you stay inside the game and feel all more realistic, like if it was your real life phone.

I think all of we have seen BaD phone and its funcionalitiy and i think is pretty nice... So if Ocean can gave us this inmersive and customizable option like in BaD but better and more original i´m good with that.
I have no problem with smatphone feature in a game... But many devs abuse that feature to implement minigames and/or sandbox/freeroom into game... And (in my opinion) this AVN should stay an AVN, not a freeroom/sandbox mess...

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I have no problem with smatphone feature in a game... But many devs abuse that feature to implement minigames and/or sandbox/freeroom into game... And (in my opinion) this AVN should stay an AVN, not a freeroom/sandbox mess...
Damn reaction limit :unsure:
Venus is for Mila so she can earn a lot of mony by jiggling her watermelons.
Aurora for two purposes. First, here the MC will be looking for people from the past.
Second, remember those complicated and incomprehendable explanations Ocean had about how the game world worked in his head? The main conclusion that can be drawn is that there are a lot of things going on in the background that the MC is not even aware of. But his actions affect this invisible background scene, and events happening in the background affect the outcome of the MC's actions. My guess that Aurora will be essential tool for the MC to introspect that background scene and gain a better understanding of what is happening around him, such as what Marla and Vic were talking about and why he found Marla crying in class. Or why this group of strange girls are staring at him and who the hell they are.
And after all, it’s just fun to read the chats of characters on a social network, it adds depth to the game world. At least I like reading comments on Rooster, you know where. It reflects the real world in which we now live; instant messengers and social networks are as natural to us as letters were to our great-grandmothers.

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
Aurora for two purposes. First, here the MC will be looking for people from the past.
Second, remember those complicated and incomprehendable explanations Ocean had about how the game world worked in his head? The main conclusion that can be drawn is that there are a lot of things going on in the background that the MC is not even aware of. But his actions affect this invisible background scene, and events happening in the background affect the outcome of the MC's actions. My guess that Aurora will be essential tool for the MC to introspect that background scene and gain a better understanding of what is happening around him, such as what Marla and Vic were talking about and why he found Marla crying in class. Or why this group of strange girls are staring at him and who the hell they are.
And after all, it’s just fun to read the chats of characters on a social network, it adds depth to the game world. At least I like reading comments on Rooster, you know where. It reflects the real world in which we now live; instant messengers and social networks are as natural to us as letters were to our great-grandmothers.
And who knows, maybe the girls will send some sexy photos too? :p

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Yes, that's the way I think Ocean will use it... It seams more natural that way. Smartphone with conversations between characters with multiple answers and/or pictures like Acsuka said and social media. But not waste too much time with that to make game artificially longer. And please bigger font for massages, my eyes aren't that what they were few years ago... :ROFLMAO:

And, yes, this "like" limit is ridiculous... They should at least upgrade them with our level...

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Hardware isn't the primary bottleneck except for a small number of scenes with large numbers of assets that need to load. Posing models takes a lot of effort and is a fixed time input regardless of hardware. Until there are AI tools to help reduce the time spent getting poses and expressions just right, there will always be a minimum development time for the discerning dev that cannot be accelerated without settling for stock poses. Ocean is too much of an artist to forego nuance, so that won't ever happen.
Oh I agree completely that there is a minimum development time to pose the renders + animations, but what I am basing my post off of is where Ocean has noted a number of times recently that he's generally waiting for his hardware to work through the rendering queue. Heck, Dr PinkCake for Being A DIK frequently is waiting on his queue and he likely has a "Clark Griswold" style rendering farm setup at his house with its own nuclear power plant, so I think hardware plays a significant part in this thing.

Reactions: jprotieg75
4.30 star(s) 507 Votes