Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
I think the phone is a nice added feature for SG, and it allows for future features and better immersion, all 'in game.'
I´m with you here,i understand if people complain about the much details in the phone and why is necessary so much for a phone in the game, but i find it important, it isn´t the most important thing in the game but i have played other games with this tool and i love it, it makes you stay inside the game and feel all more realistic, like if it was your real life phone.

I think all of we have seen BaD phone and its funcionalitiy and i think is pretty nice... So if Ocean can gave us this inmersive and customizable option like in BaD but better and more original i´m good with that.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I´m with you here,i understand if people complain about the much details in the phone and why is necessary so much for a phone in the game, but i find it important, it isn´t the most important thing in the game but i have played other games with this tool and i love it, it makes you stay inside the game and feel all more realistic, like if it was your real life phone.

I think all of we have seen BaD phone and its funcionalitiy and i think is pretty nice... So if Ocean can gave us this inmersive and customizable option like in BaD but better and more original i´m good with that.
I have no problem with smatphone feature in a game... But many devs abuse that feature to implement minigames and/or sandbox/freeroom into game... And (in my opinion) this AVN should stay an AVN, not a freeroom/sandbox mess...

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I have no problem with smatphone feature in a game... But many devs abuse that feature to implement minigames and/or sandbox/freeroom into game... And (in my opinion) this AVN should stay an AVN, not a freeroom/sandbox mess...
Damn reaction limit :unsure:
Venus is for Mila so she can earn a lot of mony by jiggling her watermelons.
Aurora for two purposes. First, here the MC will be looking for people from the past.
Second, remember those complicated and incomprehendable explanations Ocean had about how the game world worked in his head? The main conclusion that can be drawn is that there are a lot of things going on in the background that the MC is not even aware of. But his actions affect this invisible background scene, and events happening in the background affect the outcome of the MC's actions. My guess that Aurora will be essential tool for the MC to introspect that background scene and gain a better understanding of what is happening around him, such as what Marla and Vic were talking about and why he found Marla crying in class. Or why this group of strange girls are staring at him and who the hell they are.
And after all, it’s just fun to read the chats of characters on a social network, it adds depth to the game world. At least I like reading comments on Rooster, you know where. It reflects the real world in which we now live; instant messengers and social networks are as natural to us as letters were to our great-grandmothers.

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
Aurora for two purposes. First, here the MC will be looking for people from the past.
Second, remember those complicated and incomprehendable explanations Ocean had about how the game world worked in his head? The main conclusion that can be drawn is that there are a lot of things going on in the background that the MC is not even aware of. But his actions affect this invisible background scene, and events happening in the background affect the outcome of the MC's actions. My guess that Aurora will be essential tool for the MC to introspect that background scene and gain a better understanding of what is happening around him, such as what Marla and Vic were talking about and why he found Marla crying in class. Or why this group of strange girls are staring at him and who the hell they are.
And after all, it’s just fun to read the chats of characters on a social network, it adds depth to the game world. At least I like reading comments on Rooster, you know where. It reflects the real world in which we now live; instant messengers and social networks are as natural to us as letters were to our great-grandmothers.
And who knows, maybe the girls will send some sexy photos too? :p

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Yes, that's the way I think Ocean will use it... It seams more natural that way. Smartphone with conversations between characters with multiple answers and/or pictures like Acsuka said and social media. But not waste too much time with that to make game artificially longer. And please bigger font for massages, my eyes aren't that what they were few years ago... :ROFLMAO:

And, yes, this "like" limit is ridiculous... They should at least upgrade them with our level...

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Hardware isn't the primary bottleneck except for a small number of scenes with large numbers of assets that need to load. Posing models takes a lot of effort and is a fixed time input regardless of hardware. Until there are AI tools to help reduce the time spent getting poses and expressions just right, there will always be a minimum development time for the discerning dev that cannot be accelerated without settling for stock poses. Ocean is too much of an artist to forego nuance, so that won't ever happen.
Oh I agree completely that there is a minimum development time to pose the renders + animations, but what I am basing my post off of is where Ocean has noted a number of times recently that he's generally waiting for his hardware to work through the rendering queue. Heck, Dr PinkCake for Being A DIK frequently is waiting on his queue and he likely has a "Clark Griswold" style rendering farm setup at his house with its own nuclear power plant, so I think hardware plays a significant part in this thing.

Reactions: jprotieg75

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
Completely agreed, i was talking more about the social media apps like Instagram or Tinder and the message app, i don´t like either the freeroom and minigames and i prefer not seeing those in SG (but in BaD is logic that they exists, it´s a form to gain money so it has his utility there)

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Completely agreed, i was talking more about the social media apps like Instagram or Tinder and the message app, i don´t like either the freeroom and minigames and i prefer not seeing those in SG (but in BaD is logic that they exists, it´s a form to gain money so it has his utility there)
I paused my BaD play it because the number of time spend in non AVN mode increased. It's not longer a AVN I loved from the start... Freeroom/minigame and management... Don't get me wrong, game is still good, but I prefer minimum of disruption of the flow. I will continue to play it sometime in future, in update or two.
Eternum has far less disruptions in play and few freeroom parts that are interesting at least- Still not ideal AVN but good.

Why I don't like freeroam or sandbox? Say we a dev make one hour worth of gameplay as AVN, the other can just make a freeroom part that is worth 50 minutes. So, you get an event in search and walking around and renders are constantly repeated.
At the end you spend your time for a task, but you make no actually progress in game...

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
What I don't understand is why he bothered to include a new phone in WIAB when the game is 20 years in the past. It should be a primitive phone with barely any colour where you can play Snake, not a modern smartphone like in SG :LUL:.
Nokia 3310 or even 5110 or something, yes :sneaky:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
What I don't understand is why he bothered to include a new phone in WIAB when the game is 20 years in the past. It should be a primitive phone with barely any colour where you can play Snake, not a modern smartphone like in SG :LUL:.
We'll know more once Ocean adds the phone capability to WIAB.

I always thought he was porting over the phone capabilities with a different GUI - something more appropriate to the times.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Reactions: rudy007

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
Smart phone type devices have been around since the mid-late 1990s but were primarily marketed as productivity based, enterprise level devices so they were quite expensive. They were usually stylus based, rather than full touchscreen, until the late 2000s. But even starting in the 2000s there were phones already being marketed as "smartphones" with internet capabilities that were basically numpads with UI navigation buttons tacked on. The first phone I had that could browse the internet was in 2005/6 and it was a pretty entry-level device. I knew people who could afford nicer phones than me who'd had internet capable phones since at least 2003, and when the internet was first becoming available on mobile devices, the ones that supported it were already being marketed as smartphones. "Smartphone" didn't become synonymous with touchscreens and apps until after maybe the second gen iPhone, which was around 2008/9. Until then, a phone having internet capabilities is largely what determined whether it was a smartphone. And those old phones essentially had apps, they just weren't called that yet

molva

Jan 6, 2023
Unofficial patched Android port of Summer's Gone Chapter 4.5 with alternative save location ( Internal Storage/Documents/LukeRay/com.lr.summersgone), Usual Gestures, Textbox Transparency slider, Text Size Slider.

Note: Ignore false virus alert from Google Play scanner. It is flagging every ports with alternative save location above renpy 7.5.

Grant storage permissions when opening it for the first time.

Pixeldrain
WT?

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Smart phone type devices have been around since the mid-late 1990s but were primarily marketed as productivity based, enterprise level devices so they were quite expensive. They were usually stylus based, rather than full touchscreen, until the late 2000s. But even starting in the 2000s there were phones already being marketed as "smartphones" with internet capabilities that were basically numpads with UI navigation buttons tacked on. The first phone I had that could browse the internet was in 2005/6 and it was a pretty entry-level device. I knew people who could afford nicer phones than me who'd had internet capable phones since at least 2003, and when the internet was first becoming available on mobile devices, the ones that supported it were already being marketed as smartphones. "Smartphone" didn't become synonymous with touchscreens and apps until after maybe the second gen iPhone, which was around 2008/9. Until then, a phone having internet capabilities is largely what determined whether it was a smartphone. And those old phones essentially had apps, they just weren't called that yet
Your user name is a lie :(

FutureHNDXXX

May 14, 2019
I love this take and analysis. I do like unique interactions within social media in AVNs.

4.30 star(s) 503 Votes