yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
You must be very naive to believe that. Nobody decompress from work taking another job in the same field. That's double work load plus stress. To decompress you go out, have hobbies and son.
He's working on 2 projects because he gets money from 2 Patreon accounts period.
I mean I have working hours. I have a pool of tasks that need to be completed. Sometimes I stumble on a task and run out of ideas. I'm not making any progress on this task. Then I take a break, go for a little walk or something, give myself a little rest, and then try again. If there is still no progress, I put the current task aside and switch to another.

I'm usually able to unconsciously generate new ideas for postponed task while working on another, and when I return to a task I've put aside, I usually know what to do next. So, I work on two tasks alternately in one week. Of course, I’m not doubling my working time this week, I’m just changing the order of work, instead of sequential: task A completed -> task B completed, I do it alternately: part of task A -> part of Task B -> task A completed -> task B completed. The total time spent is the same for both cases.

This is how I understand his idea of working on two projects to avoid burnout. Not sure if this would work for me in the long run. But the last thing I want is to judge someone’s approach to their work. I worked with a dude who could write code while listening to black metal so loud I could hear it through his headphones. God forbid I experience this again; while working I can only listen to relaxing music or a calm trance.

Regarding the money... Of course, dedication to the patrons of both games is another reason to continue both of them, it would be stupid to deny that. But if it's just about the money and people are grumbling but still willing to pay, why not make 3 games instead of 2 because that's even more money? Why not make short games that, even after completion, will generate a smaller, but constant income? Why not cancel both games and start making the fuckin' wallpapers? Judging by the other games' threads, wallpapers making still pays well.

And then, I don’t encourage anyone to anything. I have my own eyes to see and my own brains to draw conclusions. Among the large number of developers and their work that I've seen, Ocean looks much more worthy than many, even making two games at the same time. It's only my subjective opinion, of course. But you guys draw your own conclusions.

PS: In recent days, people have been more enthusiastic than usual about counting Ocean's incomes. Lately I was reading old posts from DPC, and he spoke quite openly about money things in those days, I can recommend reading it.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Good grief, these everything-a-dev-does-is-right-and-everything-a-dev-tells-is-true guys are really embarassing.

You know, these guys who develop these Patreon funded erotic games are human beings like you and me: they might make mistakes sometimes, I even daresay.

:rolleyes:

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Please finish just one project before you start talking to me about creativity and art, Leonardo :LOL:
Ocean himself has explained several times that working on the second game was not planned. He started working on Summer's Gone because whoever was doing it left the project. After that came the excuse about art and creativity because the natives were getting restless.
third-rock-third-rock-from-the-sun.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Penfold Mole

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
Unreal is a 3D game engine, one of, if not the most advanced ones in the world. DAZ is a 3D modeling environment and Iray is a photorealistic CG rendering engine for 3D models.

Basically, potatoes vs apples.

A person who says that Unreal could produce better static images than DAZ modeled scenes rendered in Iray, is completely clueless or a moron.

Sure, a 3D game engine is faster at rendering, but with lots of complications and a fraction of the rendering quality.

Unreal is designed for ultra fast real-time 3D rendering, collision detection, NPC AI and everything else a 3D game needs. It is not designed for 3D modeling and design. The rendering speed however is achieved basically by approximating light and cutting the quality where it's less noticeable.

DAZ is just a 3D modeling environment to produce 3D models. Iray is a renderer capable of producing accurate photorealistic images from this kind of models by using ray tracing, simulating the flow of light particles.

Telling Ocean, a rendering perfectionist to use Unreal for rendering... If I were him, I'd tell the the idiot who suggests it to get stuffed.

Besides, rendering speed hasn't been a problem for him for quite some time and VRAM size gets in the way only on a few very complex scenes. His little "rendering farm" is mostly capable of rendering much faster than he's been able to feed it with new scenes. By using Unreal, he'd still have to design and set up the scenes and pose the models, so faster rendering speed wouldn't help to speed up the workflow by much if any at all.
Sigh, so much misinformation in one post, and resorting to insults.

Unreal is capable of much higher output than Daz. It can render simple images or use different methods, multipass rendering, Path Tracing amongst them. Path tracing has been long used in the movie industry for ultra realistic images.

The only advantage that Daz has is in its easy access to character models and morphing, skilled users however can use those assets within Unreal, in fact the Daz store now specifically states that the models are compatible with Unreal, Blender, Unity and others.

How do you think all the key art of such high quality are produced for games?

I could post hundreds of more examples of character renders and that's not to mention its ability to render cinematic animations far superior to Daz in a fraction of the time, then we have the environments which once again are far superior.

Daz is a program aimed at amateurs to give a gentle introduction into 3D rendering.

Skilled users will stick with Blender, Unreal, Maya, Cinema4d

If you are going to refute points in a post, make sure you know what you are talking about.

Maybe have a watch, you may learn something:

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Sigh, so much misinformation in one post, and resorting to insults.

Unreal is capable of much higher output than Daz. It can render simple images or use different methods, multipass rendering, Path Tracing amongst them. Path tracing has been long used in the movie industry for ultra realistic images.

The only advantage that Daz has is in its easy access to character models and morphing, skilled users however can use those assets within Unreal, in fact the Daz store now specifically states that the models are compatible with Unreal, Blender, Unity and others.

How do you think all the key art of such high quality are produced for games?

I could post hundreds of more examples of character renders and that's not to mention its ability to render cinematic animations far superior to Daz in a fraction of the time, then we have the environments which once again are far superior.

Daz is a program aimed at amateurs to give a gentle introduction into 3D rendering.

Skilled users will stick with Blender, Unreal, Maya, Cinema4d

If you are going to refute points in a post, make sure you know what you are talking about.

Maybe have a watch, you may learn something:
Now that you made your point how much more clever engines can be used to produce an AVN, so piss off and render your own one instead of whining about the superiority of your theoretical skills.

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
Now that you made your point how much more clever engines can be used to produce an AVN, so piss off and render your own one instead of whining about the superiority of your theoretical skills.
Show one place I said anything about my skills, I said that Ocean was being unrealistic in needing professional level GPU's and what Daz can achieve.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Show one place I said anything about my skills, I said that Ocean was being unrealistic in needing professional level GPU's and what Daz can achieve.
First of all you will have to learn to read: "theoretical skills"!
Your whole argument with Penfold was based on you cramming theory down his throat.

I myself find Unreal renders too glary and flat compared to the cinematic depth that Ocean so far produced.
I like to compare what he's been able to do so far to making a movie in still photography.
Camera angels, lighting, character positioning and interaction is very cinematic, though still.

Karabonga

Dec 11, 2018
His Beta and Full are different, correct? meaning he's adding more content to the beta version and then calling it Full
Normally, you'd call it beta to test it, so the game generally would have bugs and other technical issues and not add more scenes and call it full, or am I wrong?

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
First of all you will have to learn to read: "theoretical skills"!
Your whole argument with Penfold was based on you cramming theory down his throat.

I myself find Unreal renders too glary and flat compared to the cinematic depth that Ocean so far produced.
I like to compare what he's been able to do so far to making a movie in still photography.
Camera angels, lighting, character positioning and interaction is very cinematic, though still.
You can twist it whichever way you want, he responded to a post with insults and incorrect facts. I responded, simple as that

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
His Beta and Full are different, correct? meaning he's adding more content to the beta version and then calling it Full
Normally, you'd call it beta to test it, so the game generally would have bugs and other technical issues and not add more scenes and call it full, or am I wrong?
The Full version will contain a completely reworked second chapter in compare to Beta. And bugfixes for bugs found in Beta, of course. He was reworking the first two chapters, now about a half of the second chapter remains unreworked.

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
The Full version will contain a completely reworked second chapter in compare to Beta. And bugfixes for bugs found in Beta, of course. He was reworking the first two chapters, now about a half of the second chapter remains unreworked.
you forgot the new hair style that Nika gets:sneaky:

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
You can twist it whichever way you want, he responded to a post with insults and incorrect facts. I responded, simple as that
You seem to have read his post just like how the devil reads the bible.
In no sentence does he point at you personally, but in a general wider direction.

Reactions: rerderrum

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
:KEK:
Yeah, he changed his hairstyle a lot, he used to be just a shaggy guy, and now he's a fashionable shaggy guy.
more like a character out of yu gi oh, I'm still waiting for someone to challenge me to a shadow game.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes