Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
Yeah, Regium was his nickname, thanks!

And frankly, I don't believe that's what people mean when they complain that the game will never be finished.
I mean their concern is out of frustration with the long update cycle. I don't think they really have that strong urge to see the end credits roll while the MC and Bella stand confused in front of the altar and Nami drinks herself up to a coma.

When I started watching the first season of The Walking Dead (no, you're not shaming me for this, it was okay at first), I had no idea that it would go on for a decade and now there would be all these shitty spin-offs there. But if people like the story and the characters, why end it too early just for the sake of "completed" tag? But more frequent updates wouldn't hurt at all.
Well but people here complains at every thing. If the updates takes months to develov, "why so long". If there's a ~monthly update, "why so short". If there's no sexual content, "why can't I fap to pixels yet". Some of them are right, some are right while rudes and some are just trolls.
Being realistic, a VN consisting of 32 chapters is a fu**ing ambitious project. And even though things have speeded up in the last year (if I'm not wrong we've had Ch4, Ch1 remake, Ch4.5 and Ch2 remake part 1, like 5500+ still renders only), this is a game that started 4 years ago and is still in its Season 1. So people who have been here for so long have all the right to complain -in a non-troll way-.

And yeah what we all want is to continue the story and see how the siblings duo carry out their revenge on Bella as they consolidate their love :ROFLMAO: Like I said, let's hope for a great successful launch on Steam.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I have little understanding of the features of certain graphics engines, so I have no basis for compelling arguments. But I can only point out that there are clearly more developers using DAZ than those who use Unity for rendering. I can only assume that there are some reasons for this, otherwise it is very strange why they ignore the obvious benefits of using Unity that you mentioned.

EDIT: Sorry, I confused Unity with the Unreal you mentioned.
Perhaps people who have used both DAZ and Unreal can comment on your statement.

Well, it's a pity. I hope you've found games to your liking.
Unreal is a 3D game engine, one of, if not the most advanced ones in the world. DAZ is a 3D modeling environment and Iray is a photorealistic CG rendering engine for 3D models.

Basically, potatoes vs apples.

A person who says that Unreal could produce better static images than DAZ modeled scenes rendered in Iray, is completely clueless or a moron.

Sure, a 3D game engine is faster at rendering, but with lots of complications and a fraction of the rendering quality.

Unreal is designed for ultra fast real-time 3D rendering, collision detection, NPC AI and everything else a 3D game needs. It is not designed for 3D modeling and design. The rendering speed however is achieved basically by approximating light and cutting the quality where it's less noticeable.

DAZ is just a 3D modeling environment to produce 3D models. Iray is a renderer capable of producing accurate photorealistic images from this kind of models by using ray tracing, simulating the flow of light particles.

Telling Ocean, a rendering perfectionist to use Unreal for rendering... If I were him, I'd tell the the idiot who suggests it to get stuffed.

Besides, rendering speed hasn't been a problem for him for quite some time and VRAM size gets in the way only on a few very complex scenes. His little "rendering farm" is mostly capable of rendering much faster than he's been able to feed it with new scenes. By using Unreal, he'd still have to design and set up the scenes and pose the models, so faster rendering speed wouldn't help to speed up the workflow by much if any at all.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2020
btw looking that post, he finished the story 3.5 years after writing ch.8, now with a total of 32. Let's see if the Steam release is a success, he gets all the slave computers he needs for rendering and everything goes smoother from now on.
Not sure if you saw what he receives on Patreon alone when it was still visible, then i'd argue that he does not need the money from steam to buy those workstations and render farms ;) (ye ye, deduce the (pot increased) income tax in germany [afaik he's german] and so and it's still far from mediocre).

If he needs that, than i'd argue he lives a very expensive lifestyle - which of course would be totally fine: his work, his money, his decisions - just something to consider.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Not sure if you saw what he receives on Patreon alone when it was still visible, then i'd argue that he does not need the money from steam to buy those workstations and render farms ;) (ye ye, deduce the (pot increased) income tax in germany [afaik he's german] and so and it's still far from mediocre).

If he needs that, than i'd argue he lives a very expensive lifestyle - which of course would be totally fine: his work, his money, his decisions - just something to consider.
I think you messed up a bit with the quotation, bro :) You're replying to my post, but you're quoting Donettes. I'm not sure which of us you're addressing to :)

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
Not sure if you saw what he receives on Patreon alone when it was still visible, then i'd argue that he does not need the money from steam to buy those workstations and render farms

;) (ye ye, deduce the (pot increased) income tax in germany [afaik he's german] and so and it's still far from mediocre).

Yep, the quote would be for me yossa999.

Taxes, living expenses, music licenses, people he could hire to do whatever... I don't know how much he gains or how much retains and can save/spend. I'm only saying what he posted in recents devlogs (#11 or #12), that his dear workstation would arrive after the Steam release (he talked about loans, problems with his old tax office, bureaucracy, etc).

Reactions: Sleepy666

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
Picked up what yossa999 was putting down concerning WiaB going on perma-hiatus for SG, assuming there was a decently high # of patrons who'd blow a casket over it...

And then I went and looked.

SG is carrying WiaB harder than my generation carries student loan debt

It's on the verge of an update and it's sitting at 397 patrons :Kappa:

That WiaB update will release and go (complementary link for the geriatrics) while we're back to cracking "jokes :HideThePain:" about passing our SG patreon accounts down to our grandchildren

I'm not mad, im disappointed

Sooda

Feb 4, 2023
Picked up what yossa999 was putting down concerning WiaB going on perma-hiatus for SG, assuming there was a decently high # of patrons who'd blow a casket over it...

That WiaB update will release and go (complementary link for the geriatrics) while we're back to cracking "jokes :HideThePain:" about passing our SG patreon accounts down to our grandchildren

still waiting for the revlise in September?

• Haha
Reactions: LewdLife

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020

So we completely refuse to believe his own words that he works on two projects alternately to avoid burnout? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I guess (and this is my subjective opinion and only) for him it is more personal than just the number of patrons or the income that WiAB generates. WiAB was his pet project from day one, it was SG he had to pick up on the fly and continue after Regium disappeared. Some of his oldest and most loyal supporters are ardent WIABians who still pretend they're so not interested in SG that they've never seen it. As if anyone would believe them, right sorco2003 ? :ROFLMAO:

Who would have guessed back then that SG, the game with the "no sex for you!" warning, would become more popular, and Nami would turn out to be so cool? But I understand your disappointment to some extent. Until you change your view of the two games as two parts of one big complex story, WiAB will seem like a waste of time to those who are only interested in SG. For me tabletop game in SG exactly the same thing :p

no one answered my query:cry:
What do you want to hear, bro? The dev never gives an exact date for the new release. For the last time, he broke his own rule, dared to guess that he would finish in September, and miserably failed his own ETA. Now he will have to take a bowl of crap for this mistake from those who think that the time estimate is something as reliable as a Swiss watch.
Based on information from the latest development logs and estimates from people who follow Ocean on Discord, we can expect a new release in October. But this is just a guess, no one officially promised this.

still waiting for the revlise in September?
This joke always continued with "but he didn't say the year." However, yeah, at the current pace we can expect chapter six sometime in September 2024. :)

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
no one answered my query:cry:
Here is part of the Oct 5 Dev Log:

Chapter 5 Status:

I'd say around 40% of Chapter 5 is tested. It took me a little longer to test the beginning, as I had to fix quite a few renders. (Past Ocean literally said "Future Ocean can worry about this".)

While I'm play testing, I'm adding music, fixing renders, and timing all the little transitions, etc.

I'm also adding content here and there. Little snippets that on the second look would fit. (Nia lovers will thank me for that later.)

In the future, I will take some more time for the polishment section. I have quite a few ideas to really improve the experience, but I'm not doing it for Chapter 5.

I want the update out ASAP... And afterward, finally, finish the damn rework of Chapter 2.

I also created a third cinematic while testing. It's an intro cinematic for the non-Bella players. I think in 2-3 days, I'll send the script to the proofreaders.

The phone is currently on halt because I need to reach the point in the update, where the phone is actively being used.

I struggle to develop it while not being able to test it in the work environment. But I'm almost there. On the side, I'm creating renders for the CH2 Rework and Season 2 Chapter 5.5.

It works quite well next to all the post-work.

The important bits:

• Update is 40% tested & polished.
  • Nia boys will like what I added in the polishment.
  • I created a third cinematic.
  • Script goes to the proofreaders in 2-3 days.

So - based on the above, the script is in the hands of the proofreaders and Ocean is past 50% of CH 5 tested (my surmise only).

He had not had a chance to test the phone in AVN as of Oct 5th, but barring issues there, my release SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess) is: between Oct 18 - 31.

In the end, Ocean is doing final testing, bug-fixing and polishing so that is why I called my guess a SWAG - any unexpected Big hiccups push us into Nov.

I don't recall a time when Ocean has asked his supporters to be his testers by pushing out an Alpha rev so when we do get the CH 5 release (Beta - finishing CH 5 content but with the remainder of CH 2 rework and other continuity changes coming in CH 5 Final) - the few bugs we find will very likely only be minor.

Cheers!! :coffee:

FutureHNDXXX

May 14, 2019
Chapter 3 - Dev Log #20

Hello,
This log was supposed to be out yesterday... Sorry!
There are sometimes days when I enter a hyperfocus state during work and time becomes a blur... Sorry, that happened yesterday.

The current numbers are:
Chapter 3: 1680
Chapter 3x5: (560) -> 635

My current focus is primarily on SG, as it's releasing this month.
The work during a release week can't really be split into parts, so the more effective way is to set up WiAB renders, and while those are being rendered over several days, I work on the technical aspects of SG.
After the SG Beta releases, WIAB will enter the technical phase and be my main focus until its release.
And because WiAB's next Chapter is already quite advanced, I shouldn't have a double release again.
So the release timetable looks as follows:

1. SG Chapter 5 Beta - October
2. WiAB Chapter 3 Beta - November
3. WiAB Chapter 3 Full - November/December (2 weeks after the Beta.)
4. SG Chapter 5 Full & Steam release- December/January (It completes the last part of the rework.)
5. WiAB Chapter 3.5 - No ETA yet.
6. SG Season 2 - Chapter 1 - No ETA yet.
The good part about me spacing out and missing the log yesterday was... I felt inspired to do a treat today...
So I created a five-picture set with Monica.
Mon_1.png

As always with the treats, the rest can be found

The preview block is active again. I don't want to spoil any more stuff.

SG CH 5 is almost out and WiAB CH 3 will follow soon.

- Ocean

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
So we completely refuse to believe his own words that he works on two projects alternately to avoid burnout? :rolleyes:
You must be very naive to believe that. Nobody decompress from work taking another job in the same field. That's double work load plus stress. To decompress you go out, have hobbies and son.
He's working on 2 projects because he gets money from 2 Patreon accounts period.

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
You must be very naive to believe that. Nobody decompress from work taking another job in the same field. That's double work charge and double stress. To decompress you go out, has a hobby and son.
He's working on 2 projects because he gets money from 2 Patreon accounts period.
My god you must be having a god awfully boring job to be even unable to imagine having the kind of creative job where you can switch between duties or projects when one gets stuck or difficult or just bores you too much.
I feel sorry for you.
No wonder that you think that all game devs are lying money grabbing scammers, being such a sad unhappy cynic as you seem to be.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022
Chapter 3 - Dev Log #20

Hello,
This log was supposed to be out yesterday... Sorry!
There are sometimes days when I enter a hyperfocus state during work and time becomes a blur... Sorry, that happened yesterday.

The current numbers are:
Chapter 3: 1680
Chapter 3x5: (560) -> 635

My current focus is primarily on SG, as it's releasing this month.
The work during a release week can't really be split into parts, so the more effective way is to set up WiAB renders, and while those are being rendered over several days, I work on the technical aspects of SG.
After the SG Beta releases, WIAB will enter the technical phase and be my main focus until its release.
And because WiAB's next Chapter is already quite advanced, I shouldn't have a double release again.
So the release timetable looks as follows:

The good part about me spacing out and missing the log yesterday was... I felt inspired to do a treat today...
So I created a five-picture set with Monica.
View attachment 2999961

As always with the treats, the rest can be found

The preview block is active again. I don't want to spoil any more stuff.

SG CH 5 is almost out and WiAB CH 3 will follow soon.

- Ocean
Man, The hype is killing me, waiting for the update.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Like most of the people on this planet does.
This actually makes me quite happy about my own job. Doesn't pay much, but hardly ever gets boring. And I can be creative often enough.
Also makes me able to imagine why and how Ocean works on two games simultaneously or switching between them, understand how much easier it actually makes it to do more as a result.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
My god you must be having a god awfully boring job to be even unable to imagine having the kind of creative job where you can switch between duties or projects when one gets stuck or difficult or just bores you too much.
I feel sorry for you.
No wonder that you think that all game devs are lying money grabbing scammers, being such a sad unhappy cynic as you seem to be.
Please finish just one project before you start talking to me about creativity and art, Leonardo :LOL:
Ocean himself has explained several times that working on the second game was not planned. He started working on Summer's Gone because whoever was doing it left the project. After that came the excuse about art and creativity because the natives were getting restless.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes