RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Like, I understand some of the criticism I've seen here. There are moments throughout the game where you're questioning the MC. But these are always explained within the story, often in following scenes and/or sequences. He's pushing himself to the extremes, resulting in increasingly severe panic attacks because he hasn't adequately coped with his own depression(not too uncommon in real life). I've also seen many people critique the sexual nature of some scenes, and I actually agree to an extent. Sometimes, an LI is out of place to strip and/or act suggestively. @Oceanlab can work on executing those scenes/moments better so that they feel more natural to the player.
"There is no worse blind man than the one who doesn’t want to see."

I have no issue with your other points. You are right. And I personally have never criticized Ocean for his dev cycle, coding, artistic or animation skills.

That said his creative choices are seriously questionable. And you cannot tell me you don't notice how he's been shooting himself in the foot consistently every time he goes back and reworks scenes and dialogues. You cannot tell me you haven't noticed the monumental drop in quality of the game. Take the damn Nami scenes for example. Specifically the post argument when Nojiko finally tells her about Nick and the bathroom scene. Two perfect examples of the incredible highs and massive lows the game currently offers:

- In one you have a deeply emotional and beautiful scene where her nudity seems to make sense. She is staring out the window clearly hurt when the MC walks in and she takes off her clothes in an attempt to make herself vulnerable and exposed while forcing the MC to confront (and hold) her in that state. It's subtle, emotional and the dialogue is strong which makes it memorable.

- Then you have that awful, vomit enducing bathroom scene, which was changed for the worse from the original one, if you choose to stay. That abomination that seems to have been added as nothing but an excuse to "lewdify" the game at the expense of the characters and story. Same thing he did with the new Nojiko porch scene that seems ham-fisted in so he could get us a few cleavage shots of Nojiko, once again at the expense of the characters and story. Need I go further? Can you honestly tell me you like the new Bella fight scene over her sisters picture in the bedroom? Compared to the emotional height the old one reached?

Need I remind you that Ocean could have simply updated the renders and kept the script and scenes as they were? He made a conscious effort to change them. Now we all have our own preferences and taste but if you approach this from an unbiased and imparcial angle, can you seriously tell me that you think the game is stronger now than it was then? I know I'm not the one taking crazy pills. There have been hundreds of people, in this very thread, pointing out the massive decline of the game for years now in terms of story and dialogue especially. You can't dismiss us all as haters...

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
The issues I have with the game are the really long animated scenes and the character's permamently electrified hair that flys up everywhere.

The spelling and grammar can be fixed by using someone to proofread.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Yeah... the constant complaining is getting rather annoying. If the update cycle's not something you can cope with, or the rework & changes to the story aren't things you can live with... then why not leave? These grand announcements of how this user won't play the game because of X, and that user hates it because of Y... they're getting quite old. If these things bother you so much, why not leave and scratch Summer's Gone off of your list? Why stay to announce to the world that you decided not to pirate this game? Like omg! Whatever will Oceans do about a random F95 user who decided that they're no longer going to pirate his game?? :cautious:

I honestly get the frustration; some of it is definitely warranted... but some of you need to relax. Find another game to play... or better yet, do something rather than stalking these pages waiting for the right moment to meme about how your grandkids may finally experience the end of this game. Since I'm probably the only girl here right now, I'll say it. It's kind of sad that for some of you, your only comments are about how Oceans is a bad developer, how the development cycle upsets you, or some other flaw of this game. My goodness, find something else to do because seeing so many users add nothing more to the conversation than ripping on the game... gets proper annoying. Often enough, I saw people voicing their praise for the game, saying how much they love this and can't wait for that, and some of you guys will show up(out of nowhere) and go out of your way to kill their joy for the game. It's literally crazy how some of you will go out of your way to do this kind of stuff. Hundreds of games on this site, and you choose to spend your time annoying people in SG's thread. That's... kind of sad

Some of you will hate me for this(if you don't already), but I'll say it anyway. Some of these critique/review posts seem disingenuous... almost as if some people came here just to complain. The last few pages have been 70% made up of people complaining that they'll never see the end of this game and the fact that Oceans will rework this game to death. If you truly believe that, truly believe that Oceans will never improve and genuinely believe that Ocean's pace will stay the same forever... leave. If you think honestly that Oceans is out to rework this game every single season... leave. Save yourselves the heartache. This thread can do without all of the extra negativityღ

Like I can't stress enough how dumb this all isღ
Just saw this.

you-go-girl-yasssssss.gif

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Why? In a few months the beta will be reworked again lol.
Still at it huh?
Next year maybe.
End of the year* ^^
I'll post this when Beta will be released somewhere in oNvember or December honey.
I still have hope that it will get delayed again. Ocean i trust in you. xD
So, edgelord wannabe honey, now that the beta is out on the exact date as promised, and it's factually proven that you were utterly wrong, do you have something to add now?

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
"There is no worse blind man than the one who doesn’t want to see."

I have no issue with your other points. You are right. And I personally have never criticized Ocean for his dev cycle, coding, artistic or animation skills.

That said his creative choices are seriously questionable. And you cannot tell me you don't notice how he's been shooting himself in the foot consistently every time he goes back and reworks scenes and dialogues. You cannot tell me you haven't noticed the monumental drop in quality of the game. Take the damn Nami scenes for example. Specifically the post argument when Nojiko finally tells her about Nick and the bathroom scene. Two perfect examples of the incredible highs and massive lows the game currently offers:

- In one you have a deeply emotional and beautiful scene where her nudity seems to make sense. She is staring out the window clearly hurt when the MC walks in and she takes off her clothes in an attempt to make herself vulnerable and exposed while forcing the MC to confront (and hold) her in that state. It's subtle, emotional and the dialogue is strong which makes it memorable.

- Then you have that awful, vomit enducing bathroom scene, which was changed for the worse from the original one, if you choose to stay. That abomination that seems to have been added as nothing but an excuse to "lewdify" the game at the expense of the characters and story. Same thing he did with the new Nojiko porch scene that seems ham-fisted in so he could get us a few cleavage shots of Nojiko, once again at the expense of the characters and story. Need I go further? Can you honestly tell me you like the new Bella fight scene over her sisters picture in the bedroom? Compared to the emotional height the old one reached?

Need I remind you that Ocean could have simply updated the renders and kept the script and scenes as they were? He made a conscious effort to change them. Now we all have our own preferences and taste but if you approach this from an unbiased and imparcial angle, can you seriously tell me that you think the game is stronger now than it was then? I know I'm not the one taking crazy pills. There have been hundreds of people, in this very thread, pointing out the massive decline of the game for years now in terms of story and dialogue especially. You can't dismiss us all as haters...
I agree with everything you wrote here. As a writer, I noticed many tonal changes since this rework began. This game has many flaws. Creatively, the overall tone of the game resonated more with me pre-rework. The emotions were more raw, and the scenes struck you more deeply than they do now. Yes, I do notice the constant sexualization of characters in scenes that just don't fit. When Nojiko spoke to MC on the porch in the reworked version of Chapter 1, that scene was needlessly sexualized. It just felt... off, especially since Nojiko is supposed to be a parental figure to the MC(like an actual, realistic parental figure, not the AVN version of a parental figure). The audience doesn't need an underwear shot or a closeup of a character's cleavage every time to remind them that they're playing an adult game. That's one thing that I'll always disagree with. I understand that this is an adult game that will feature a lot of lewd content in the future, but, for goodness' sake, make it feel natural. Keep these actions consistent with the character and the story. As a writer, your goal should be to ensure that your scenes feel and sound natural. Let the actions of your characters occur naturally in the story. I'm not blind to any of these flaws. I'm just waiting until the entire rework's done before I leave an entirely objective review of this season.

I'm not saying that you guys shouldn't post your opinions. I'm saying that when you post them, you don't have to be rude about itღ

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oceanlab - Hey bud, back in the last update when you took out the MC's "Dark" variable and reworked the Vic convo (Dolphins) after Maja talks the MC into coming to visit her, there was an old menu choice (no longer available) that awarded a possible "toldvicitheyrehot".

Since that variable can no longer be True, you still have code in the VN that looks for it via a conditional... in other words the Player will never ever see any of this so you might as well remove it, but note that the Bella Relp also can never be awarded either:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'll try to point out the other obsolete code too as there's certainly more I've run across so far...

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I dare anyone to find another game that has 1300+ posts... the very def95inition of jealousy. keep up the excellent work Oceans and let the haters hate
Oh you newbie, dare accepted.

You've never heard of BADIK have you? It was at 1300+ pages of posts after only 7 months of launching and currently it's marching toward 13000 pages, nearly 10x this thread.

So what do you lose with your dare?

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Thank u god sir!

LOL! Exactly my thoughts! The protagonist is simply an immature schoolboy wannabe nihilist against the system. This is quite realistic, since I saw a lot of kids who wanted to be DIFFERENT. But that's precisely why it is impossible for me to take all this feigned tragedy seriously.
Yup - feigned tragedy...

1.png

Hospital1a1.png

Hospital1a1a.png

These images cannot be avoided, but they can be skipped by someone who does not bother to pay attention, for example.

Two collapsed lungs sound dangerous to me - a Bit more than 'feigned tragedy.'

Add in losing both of your parents at an early age and whatever happened to Summer...

I'd call this some heavy duty tragedy to overcome and this is the origin of the MC we start with.

If, in the end, this is not tragic enough for you - you probably need to go find something else on F95 - and good luck finding a tag for that.

Cheers!! :coffee:

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
I'm not saying that you guys shouldn't post your opinions. I'm saying that when you post them, you don't have to be rude about itღ
Fair enough. I for one am done with shitting on Ocean. I don't hate the guy and I certainly don't hate the game. It's just frustrating to see what it was and what it has become.

Thank you for your reply. Honestly. It's refreshing to see at least one Ocean fan that doesn't just blindly cheer and clap after being served a big plate of "meh".

Now I'm just hoping Ocean reads all this crap and takes at least some of the feedback and criticism to heart. Can't wait for him to start producing only new content instead of butchering the best parts of the old stuff.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Dollars to doughnuts this woman could make one helluva bowl of yakisoba...just sayin'
1698349479485.png

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Well, guys, something doesn't make sense to me about this latest update:

In my gameplay, Nika doesn't help Bella in trashing Holgersons' house, therefore Mila tells my Nika that her parents took her money (instead of telling Nika that the Holgersons accused her), BUT later in chapter 5 Bella tells Nika (when she tells him that Holgerson wants to talk to her) that they accused Mila and she fears that Mila might finger her.

How is it possible? how can it be?

Reactions: Azeroth67000
4.30 star(s) 505 Votes