Sep 12, 2023
A day and a half after the release of Ch. 5 Beta, and after reading about 40 pages of comments, I came to the conclusion that 80-85% of the comments are unintelligible and worthless piles of letters. These comments are nothing more than crying, whining, bitching, complaining, or posts about what they want, claim, and what and how the developer should do, instead of what and how he is doing now. These commenters are the ones who don't know or don't want to understand what the word Adult means in AVN.

The remaining 15-20% of comments are really valuable, be they positive or negative. There's nothing wrong with criticism, it's always necessary, but it's only worth something, if it contains a offering for a solution or an alternative. Would the first season be perfect? Obviously not. Is there anything to improve? Absolute! Regardless, it is an AVN with a very unique atmosphere, which is worth spending time on. For me, the story and the visuals weigh more than being full of sex scenes.
/shrug apparently even Ocean themselves doesn't know what the A means in AVN, it'd still be rated PG-13 if it was a movie. Who's going to read 1375 or even 10 pages of comments anyway? I mostly just ignore them all, and use search and date narrow it if I'm looking for something in particular like if a sex scene finally happens so I don't waste my time downloading it or whatever (still waiting for MC to knock up Nami).

Reactions: kakarotaya

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
One problem that makes Summer's Gone difficult to play. I will say right away that this opinion is subjective and may differ for others.
The game involves continuous reading of text and viewing pictures without interruption. Considering the size of the project, and the fact that the game will be even larger, this is very difficult. Yesterday, during run of Ep.5, I had to pause twice for a cigarette - take a break from reading. Same as when reading a book. Actually, the game is an interactive book.
In my opinion, a good solution would be to diversify the gameplay. What we've seen in some of the other big AVNs - interactive phone, free-roams, collectibles. Don’t turn this into absolutism, as in the last episode of one very popular game with a huge party, where everything is a big free-roam, but diversify the gameplay a little. It really helps take your mind off things and makes the game more intense.
download.jpg
The game is just fine as it is, i don't see the point of introducing free roams, let's just not turn this game into BaDIK :HideThePain:

Also there is a phone already.

DovahKing111

Dec 5, 2022
A day and a half after the release of Ch. 5 Beta, and after reading about 40 pages of comments, I came to the conclusion that 80-85% of the comments are unintelligible and worthless piles of letters. These comments are nothing more than crying, whining, bitching, complaining, or posts about what they want, claim, and what and how the developer should do, instead of what and how he is doing now. These commenters are the ones who don't know or don't want to understand what the word Adult means in AVN.

The remaining 15-20% of comments are really valuable, be they positive or negative. There's nothing wrong with criticism, it's always necessary, but it's only worth something, if it contains a offering for a solution or an alternative. Would the first season be perfect? Obviously not. Is there anything to improve? Absolute! Regardless, it is an AVN with a very unique atmosphere, which is worth spending time on. For me, the story and the visuals weigh more than being full of sex scenes.
Screenshot 003211.png
This scene is PATHETIC!
You have a SLUTTY hot PIECE OF ASS WITH A WILLING WET<> STEAMY CUNT begging to be stuffed and penetrated right on top of you and he can't get it up!!!!!!!!!! AND when the hell did this guy ever tell Bella he had boner issues!?!!? Hello!?!!? Did I miss Something?????? As far as I remember he only told Nami................................................
This guy should be the main character of CUCKED GAME. Not this one.

PATHETIC!

Singer2022

Jan 22, 2021
Summer's Gone [Ch.5 BETA] [Oceanlab]

COMPRESSED: Win/Linux/Mac:
MEGA - WORKUPLOAD - - PIXELDRAIN
After decomprssing I get the following error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 287, in script
python:
ScriptError: could not find label 'start'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Applications/Utilities/Misc/SummersGone.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 274, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/Applications/Utilities/Misc/SummersGone.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 660, in main
run(restart)
File "/Applications/Utilities/Misc/SummersGone.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 146, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "/Applications/Utilities/Misc/SummersGone.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/execution.py", line 938, in run_context
context.run()
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 287, in script
python:
File "/Applications/Utilities/Misc/SummersGone.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 927, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'start'.

Darwin-23.0.0-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64
Ren'Py 7.5.2.22081402

Fri Oct 27 14:42:48 2023

Reactions: Carefree247

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Good update I guess, Just kind of boring story wise. I thought the plot would develop further and expand on summers mysterious disappearance but instead the majority of the update was a pointless book club scene. I don’t really care if there’s no sex i just want the plot to move forward.

If you visit Nia...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

xCalon

Mar 15, 2023
View attachment 3037199
This scene is PATHETIC!
You have a SLUTTY hot PIECE OF ASS WITH A WILLING WET<> STEAMY CUNT begging to be stuffed and penetrated right on top of you and he can't get it up!!!!!!!!!! AND when the hell did this guy ever tell Bella he had boner issues!?!!? Hello!?!!? Did I miss Something?????? As far as I remember he only told Nami................................................
This guy should be the main character of CUCKED GAME. Not this one.

PATHETIC!
Chapter 3, Gym with Bella. Read, or reread the conversation, and try to understand what they talking about.

Candy Suxx

Oct 11, 2019
C5 was quite good, MC/Bella's relationship is going at quite a steady pace in terms of progression. Not too fast but not too slow, they both are broken and scared inside, knowing that dating each other ain't gonna be easy but still worth a shot. I know many folks here think its too slow paced but going by the story till now, it is perfectly fine. It's just the time and gaps between updates that makes you feel like this game is a huge slow burn.

Those Milfs Cougars need to get dicked, all of them were quite beautiful and pretty much drooling over MC.

Looks like in next Chapter we might get to see some backstory regarding Bella's sister or what really went down that she ended up like that.

It will be quite interesting to see when MC and Cheeto move in with Mila and Bella arrives there too.......

I don't really expect any dicking with the LI's atleast for 2024 as there is still lot to go for that to happen. All of them are too invested in their personal problems to go breeding.

If dev was working just working on SG full time rather than working on 2 games at the same time. the amount of story progression till now would have been a lot. I am not criticizing dev or saying the updates are small in terms of renders or animations but yeah given the time since this game has been in the making, the gap between the updates, reworks...... I would have preferred had he just focused on this one cuz even with WIAB there ain't much story in the rework too so why not just put it on the back of the line.
Going by the current progression, this game is gonna take 5-10 years to reach the ending. Unless he has a big workstation and a good team that can reduce the gap to 3 months.

Last edited:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
10-12 months probably. Or 10-12 years if you want to see the MC and Nami fuck (my playthrough) and ignore the other LI's.
Aren't you just Mr. Sunshine!

And, since Ocean has made releases almost every 6 months for years (full to full or Beta to Beta), what calendar are you using that turns that into 10-12 months?

Asking for a friend...

Cheers!! :coffee:

Last edited:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Here I was, skimming through what's new and found that there was an update. I was like "yay! update!". So I clicked. I clicked with excited expectations. Then the excitement gets even worse! A click me/readme about complaints! O.M.G. I HAVE to click on this. It will definitely have all the answers to our woes on those who complain about things we love. Right!?
So. With bated breath, I shakily click on said click me/read me, my expectations riding high at about 30,000 feet. There! There it is! All the wisdom one would expect with knowledge that surely will exceed even that of the brilliant Greta Dumberg! What will it be!? Surely it will definitely be something as profound as the emotional blackmail of a frightened yet more-brilliant-than-thou teen as she says...."How Dare You!"! Yes! It must be! It was linked on the front page, so it must be!

That's what my expectations were thinking as they walked off the 30,000 foot cliff.

My expectations had plenty of time to think as they plummeted to their doom. Things like...So...after all that...I find an opinion piece...motivated by negative feelings...targeting opinions, motivated by negative feelings...expecting positive outcomes. Why? Well...because it was linked on the front page! So it must be true!?! Is there enough Irony in the worl...Splat.

And there they were. My expectations....30,000 foot down...splattered all of the foot of the mountain.
I'm curious - what thread did you mean to respond to??

You do realize that you did not mention the AVN for this thread once... - It's Summers Gone, in case you did not know.

Fortuna ღ spoke for many of us (she certainly spoke well and represented my feelings on the matter).

What are you here for?

IF you are here for Summers Gone, we just got another Great release.

What did you like about the release?

What are you hoping for in the future?

Have you played it or are you just here to turd bomb the thread - nothing better to do?

I get how exciting it is to crap on something while hiding behind the anonymity of an F95 user id. I Mean it Must be So exciting, right?? Otherwise - why do it...

BTW - nice hidden activity... alt account much??

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Why Ocean has eliminated these renders in chapter 5? for a pussy that was seen in the whole game and he removes it?
It's been covered in the thread but here is a short explanation:

Ocean needed to make minor changes to a few scenes (hiding Vic and the MC's privates - typically with a minor change in perspective in the renders) prior to the Steam release.

There may be someone modding these images back into SG for F95, much like the music that had to be removed due to licensing issues now has a music mod (I have not tried this one yet, so I am only going by the discussions about it).

Ocean needs to make sure that there is No reason Steam has to take down SG once it is released.

There are a lot more details surrounding everything being done in advance of the Steam release, but they are spread over Many pages on this thread - and it had gotten Much more active with the new release.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
they deleted my long review for some stupid reason so ill post here cuz i cant write review they locked me. looks like this game under protection of f95 just like the other stupidly overrated games.

this game wothless waste of time doesnt even deserve to try, thank you i can totally ignore this game now by :poop:
Thank you for your post so I can just put you on the ignore list and move on.

For anyone who might respond to this troll, I recommend just hitting ignore and Not feeding Yet another troll who could not even mention the name of the AVN he is trashing.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
This latest update is showing some continuity "glitches" in the story because of some branching choices (yes, I'm talking about the dialogues betweem Nika and Bella in chapter 5: they make sense only if you made certain choices earlier).

Hopefully Ocean will solve this. Anyway, he didn't update the gallery.

DovahKing111

Dec 5, 2022
Chapter 3, Gym with Bella. Read, or reread the conversation, and try to understand what they talking about.
Ok so I didn't know that because I didn't go to the gym with Bella so was like dafuq how does she know................and I stand by it.......the writing of that scene is awful you wanna have a depressed guy that has trouble getting wood until he knows a girl more fine...........but don't make the poor guy have to admit to the girls he's courting it's just sad when she's hot and ready and says I WANT TO DO EVERYTHING but then she knows he can't!!!!!!!

Reactions: A360

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Good update I guess, Just kind of boring story wise. I thought the plot would develop further and expand on summers mysterious disappearance but instead the majority of the update was a pointless book club scene. I don’t really care if there’s no sex i just want the plot to move forward.
Wow - we must have Very different takes on the book club scene.

I thought that this was one of the best scenes in the release.

It had:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There is So much more in this scene - I just covered a few of the highlights.

Ocean is still doing world-building and there was Lot of it in this scene and we don't have nearly enough information to know how many of the clues here relate to either Summers disappearance, the death of the MC and Nami's parents, and the life-threatening injury the MC almost died from (I consider two collapsed lungs to be life threatening).

I'm looking forward to more scenes like the book club scene!

Last edited:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
This latest update is showing some continuity "glitches" in the story because of some branching choices (yes, I'm talking about the dialogues betweem Nika and Bella in chapter 5: they make sense only if you made certain choices earlier).

Hopefully Ocean will solve this. Anyway, he didn't update the gallery.
He kinda has yet to finish rewoking the second chapter, and is adding more content than there was before (I don't remember exactly where he said that). And as far as I understand (these are just my thoughts), he does this partly for the sake of story continuity.

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

A360

Jun 29, 2018
Ok so I didn't know that because I didn't go to the gym with Bella so was like dafuq how does she know................and I stand by it.......the writing of that scene is awful you wanna have a depressed guy that has trouble getting wood until he knows a girl more fine...........but don't make the poor guy have to admit to the girls he's courting it's just sad when she's hot and ready and says I WANT TO DO EVERYTHING but then she knows he can't!!!!!!!
I feel Ocean has made a rod for his own back making the MC THAT broken and it came home to roost this episode. This episode the Bella route reached the point where them two should be sexual. Bella wants to fuck, the MC wants to fuck, they’re close now, they’re attracted to each other, share a goal, they’re similarly broken to the point of getting one another, they decided to have something casual with the potential for it to be serious plus it's the end of the first season. The build up there is done. This really feels like the point that made sense for it to happen.

Without mentioning it's simply not very satisfying to be playing an MC that outright can't fulfill his part of the dynamic it'd be like playing a FPS where the MC can't shoot guns due to PTSD there's a limit on how long that can work. The real reason I feel is the whole “no sex” made Ocean feel he couldn’t give one route sex as it removes justifications for why it isn’t there on any other route. It feels like no sex and broken MC have become more like principals to follow rather than something that adds to the story.

Basically I feel Ocean shat the bed with this episode. It also ain't a great sign that it looks like routes will basically spin their wheels until all the routes are at the point sex makes sense. It feels a bit absurd.

4.30 star(s) 505 Votes