Zaraa

Sep 23, 2023
Am I the only one who thinks Sasha is overhyped? We have almost no information about her. Many people feel a sense of loyalty to her because she's Ocean's favorite girl. Will Ocean show favoritism to Sasha in the upcoming chapters? Is such a thing possible?

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I think one of the things that makes Bella desirable is fact that there is tension between Nika and Bella. Vic or Mila are nice, but there is no tension, no struggle, they just accept Nika. Worst example is Sonya; she tries to disappear into whatever the current background is.

The popular LI are mainly difficult or unreachable characters. Bella, Zara, Nami and Sasha all clash with Nika at some point. Amber, Maya and Ayua are currently unreachable. Claire seems less interesting than Amber for this reason.

My guess is once we see Melanie, she'll have her fans precisely because she's an antagonist. More screentime for Charlie, and she'd probably pick up fans too.

Also, how the hell is Robin so ridiculously nice and relatively balanced with Charlie as a mom?

Lurcher1

Sep 20, 2022
Am I the only one who thinks Sasha is overhyped? We have almost no information about her. Many people feel a sense of loyalty to her because she's Ocean's favorite girl. Will Ocean show favoritism to Sasha in the upcoming chapters? Is such a thing possible?
Probably because of the mystery around her. Plenty of other fans bouncing around like Sonya fans and Mila fans. I think the more the MC interacts with other LIs, the more conflicted people will be. Hell, look at the amount of Zara converts after CH5 where we find out about her shitty childhood and the moment where she shows her vulnerability. Ocean did that well, tugging on those "must save her" instincts :D

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
View attachment 3052165

It's important to mention that most players are Bella aficionados because S1 is so overly focused on her and she gets a bulk of the "runny mascara" scenes. Those should be the company logo for Oceanlabs btw.
The few short points of contact with Nia and Zara in Ch 5 already stole a lot of people over. Imagine if all the LIs got similar amounts of content. But yea Day 1 LIs like Mila, Vic and Nami are basically starving and it looks like that's going to continue.
As always swift into the crux of the matter.

She is the number uno as the plot advances in the back of her story. And yeah the hot and cold queen bee is endearing.

Moving foward without romancing her should make her presence minimal.

And sure the quirky style Ocean gave her this chapter melted some butter no doubt.

Before my love for queen B was undeveloped.

Talking about the others, Zara is a goddess, Nia is aesthetically the most beautiful girl for me but her story rustle some jimmies and Mila is our own got milk jokes waiting to happen.
The competitive Mila knowing about Bella is the moment she got my attention.
Vic is to heavy and low context to elaborate.

Lurcher1

Sep 20, 2022
Yeah, that I'm hoping for more of. That'd be an interesting dynamic if both girls start competing in some fashion. Bella already marked her spot if you make Nika go to the Gym with her and Mila jumps Nika if you take a walk with her later on.

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Vic is to heavy and low context to elaborate.
As some have mentioned before, I hope we'll see more of competition Mila. Aside from that I think her and Vic are the sweetest girls from a temper standpoint. Unfortunately that's what makes them kind of boring in many players eyes.
Right at the start of the game I honestly thought Vic would be the absolute main focus for the whole game, since it starts with her accident. And I still think she's incredibly cute, her writing is just a bit too goody two-shoes at the moment.

Also, I'm not a doctor or anything but obviously there's multiple causes for a loss of function of the legs. "Can't walk" is one thing but "have no feeling whatsoever in my legs" is a whole different beast. In all honesty I doubt something like that will fix itself.

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
Yeah, that I'm hoping for more of. That'd be an interesting dynamic if both girls start competing in some fashion. Bella already marked her spot if you make Nika go to the Gym with her and Mila jumps Nika if you take a walk with her later on.
A jealousy feud for Nika affection is surprising but welcomed anyway.

The story structure is going to be important for how believable love interests are going to be.

The ones with family and support surrounded by friends are probably secondary as trending is the Mila/Nia/Vic
Orphans, rejected, tragedy and so on.

Bella is the more functional giggles and almost stitched into the flesh no take back.

Nami is inside the house, Zara is being elevated to step sister.

Is what 6? Heavy duty LIs?

Open to suggestions.

DirtyMario
Vic branch is sweet as you said but I prefer drama, her pivot is being a good throuple candidate, for the situation at hand. Any girl would be willing to share with a pure as snow broken bird.

johnsman

Sep 6, 2022
Bella isn't the most popular LI because she gets the most screentime, she's the most popular because the ,,enemies to lovers" cliche is probably the #1 trope in storytelling that gets people invested in a relationship, primarily because, these types of relationships are so fulfilling when 2 people who hated or strongly disliked each other start to appreciate, care and like each other more because of some similarities that they have and the difficulties they go through together.
On the other side of things, characters like mila, vic, nia, robin, sonya and even nami to some extent, won't reach bellas level of popularity, because they already started by either liking nika or just being on friendly terms with him, which is fine, but not very interesting.
This is also the reason why Zara and Sasha are starting to get more fans and why they''ll probably be #2 and #3 most popular girls soon.

Last edited:

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
It's important to mention that most players are Bella aficionados because S1 is so overly focused on her and she gets a bulk of the "runny mascara" scenes. Those should be the company logo for Oceanlabs btw.
The few short points of contact with Nia and Zara in Ch 5 already stole a lot of people over. Imagine if all the LIs got similar amounts of content. But yea Day 1 LIs like Mila, Vic and Nami are basically starving and it looks like that's going to continue.
I don’t agree. There will always be favorites that stand out. Bella in the beginning had no more communication than with Mila and Vic. But it was Bela that was favorite. Just look at the comments from the very beginning and compare the attitude towards different characters. Or even now, yes Nia got its time, but did it add a lot of fans? The same number of events will not give the same attitude. There will always be public favorites.

Reactions: kimemame

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
Doomyk
Well Nia is gorgeous and interesting. But she does onlysimps this bit kills her popularity.

Let me counter the part about Bella, let's wait if Ocean is gonna dare mentioning her supposed experience into hump arts if some simps aren't moving from this ride

Last edited:
Reactions: Lurcher1

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
So, did you guys manage to avoid the panic attack in Chapter 4.5?
I just now realized that in my saves there is not a single one without panic in ch4.5. But it turns out it's possible, although mostly boring :HideThePain:
Let me just say that Bella truly is the best match, at least in terms of MC's mental comfort in being with her. Dating and kissing her is not enough to cause a panic attack :BootyTime:

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Bella isn't the most popular LI because she gets the most screentime, she's the most popular because the ,,enemies to lovers" cliche is probably the #1 trope in storytelling that gets people invested in a relationship, primarily because, these types of relationships are so fulfilling when 2 people who hated or strongly disliked each other start to appreciate, care and like each other more because of some similarities that they have and the difficulties they go through together.
On the other side of things, characters like mila, vic, nia, robin, sonya and even nami to some extent, won't reach bellas level of popularity, because they already started by either liking nika or just being on friendly terms with him, which is fine, but not very interesting.
This is also the reason why Zara and Sasha are starting to get more fans and if they''ll probably be #2 and #3 most popular girls soon.
I absolutely agree that this is only part of her appeal but you have to agree that "forcing her" onto the MC gave her the chance to get way more of her story out compared to other LIs. I mean you have to hang out with her multiple times even if you aren't on her path whatsoever. It's very different for the others.
Zara and Sasha keep growing on the players but I think Zara had her personality altered a bit. She was always the more agreeable of the two sisters but I remember her being a lot more standoffish than she is in CH 4.5/5.
Sasha was always a fan favourite, or a favourite of many at least, even back when she hadn't said a single word and was just in the background staring into Nikas soul.

Amber is hot as hell, but how Ocean will have the MC fuck her and have it make sense narratively especially with her daughter around is something i cant figure out.
I mean it's not common practice for a psychiatrist to hold a patient in their arms, poking their eyes out with their nipple piercings so I'm gonna go for the justification of "she didn't get any for a long time and is just horny as shit".

• Haha
Reactions: Lurcher1

Lurcher1

Sep 20, 2022
I mean it's not common practice for a psychiatrist to hold a patient in their arms, poking their eyes out with their nipple piercings so I'm gonna go for the justification of "she didn't get any for a long time and is just horny as shit".
She does attend the horny middle aged women book club, so that checks out :D

I think the club and 1on1 "special" therapy sessions is where you can guide them "closer"

Last edited:

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
I absolutely agree that this is only part of her appeal but you have to agree that "forcing her" onto the MC gave her the chance to get way more of her story out compared to other LIs. I mean you have to hang out with her multiple times even if you aren't on her path whatsoever. It's very different for the others.
Zara and Sasha keep growing on the players but I think Zara had her personality altered a bit. She was always the more agreeable of the two sisters but I remember her being a lot more standoffish than she is in CH 4.5/5.
Sasha was always a fan favourite, or a favourite of many at least, even back when she hadn't said a single word and was just in the background staring into Nikas soul.

You can't keep getting away spitting facts.

The enemies to lovers was so fucking fast that almost made no sense. Is just the Queen bee trope attracted to hot emo loner. is not rocket science.

I don't get sasha stans she just exists with a boring render. Pardon my French.

• Haha
Reactions: DirtyMario
4.30 star(s) 503 Votes