Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
I typically don't care for blondes but one moment really sold me on her look
When I started to play (before the remaster) and saw all the girls I thought 'so many blondes, boring!' and was disappointed that the police woman from the flashback is not an LI option :LOL: But the story is very good and I quickly got to like Bella, so SG is now one of my favs. (Although I am curious about Ayua and can't wait until we finally get to know her better)

Personally I feel like Summer will appear at some point, once the MC is heavily in love with someone new.
I kind of wish that Summer would never appear and we never learn what really happened to her. It gives the game additional layer of mystery and mystique, which explained will lose it's power (or could even lead to disappointment) and I believe no matter how good the explanation it will kill some part of the game's soul (at least for me). I'd prefer MC learning how to live with this hole in his heart (and mind), could be interesting if for once we would never get all the answers imo.

Last edited:

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
I kind of wish that Summer would never appear and we never learn what really happened to her. It gives the game additional layer of mystery and mystique, which explained will lose it's power (or could even lead to disappointment) and I believe no matter how good the explanation it will kill some part of the game's soul (at least for me). I'd prefer MC learning how to live with this hole in his heart (and mind), could be interesting if for once we would never get all the answers imo.
I think I've seen this argument somewhere else :unsure:

Xyclos

Feb 8, 2018
Count me in the Bella lover camp. I typically don't care for blondes but one moment really sold me on her look. When you go to her car for the first time she does a hair flip and it's just magnificently rendered. I was stunned!
Brief reminder for those who did not remember that incredible moment:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
There are many interesting ways Summer's disappearance (and reappearance) could be worked into the story. I assume OceanLab already has it planned out but it's fun to speculate nevertheless.

I think the idea of Summer never actually coming back has potential, but would also depend heavily on the circumstances. The more dramatic route is that Summer was killed, and MC has repressed memories and/or survivor's guilt from the event assuming he was there (though given what we know so far that's unlikely). For the more mysterious route, Summer's disappearance is never explained like Mister_M described, she just vanished one day. The story is not actually about Summer, but MC's dealing with grief. The story is then a general allegory about moving on and accepting you won't have closure on everything in life. The issue with this is without Summer returning you miss a lot of potential for drama, conflict and story but a skilled writer doesn't need it per se.

Another dramatic route is that Summer ran away from home. I may be wrong but I think there's dialogue that mentions her having a rough family life. Alternatively, Summer never "disappeared", her family simply moved away and he lost contact, and it was traumatic and he internalised it. Either way, this could lead into a dramatic reunion like MarviusJones describes, where MC has to deal with internal conflict about his feelings between his old and new relationships. I think this is the most clearly "soap-opera" like outcome for Summer given I likened the story to soap opera just before.

There's also a third option that combines elements of both and I think would be the most interesting and poetic. Summer returns, but doesn't love MC anymore and doesn't want to be in a relationship with him. Perhaps taken to the extreme, she might find it weird how MC is obsessed with what she sees as a relatively meaningless childhood crush/romance. It could potentially range from Summer still wanting a platonic friendship to outright hositility or disgust. It would then become apparent that the Summer we see in the flashbacks is really just an idealised version of Summer in MC's memory of his idealised relationship. MC will have to deal with the shattering of his fiction and how he conceptualises relationships. Summer isn't dead, but MC's version of Summer is. Reminds me of this quote from the show Boston Legal:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Part of the reason I like this idea is because it basically subverts (in an interesting way!) the whole premise of the story, but also on a meta level, the wider genre of erotic/romantic VNs. The idea of a potential or assumed love interested just rejecting you is basically unheard of in this genre. I don't mean this in the NTR sense either, where we brutally denied (narratively) a relationship with Summer and we have to see her paraded around with other men, but rather that Summer returns, and doesn't play a significant role in MC's life anymore, maybe she leaves for good. Anyway just an interesting idea I had.

Last edited:

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
a third option
That indeed sounds like a good idea if done properly, though I enjoy unresolved mysteries (like in Picnic at Hanging Rock or The Man Without a Map). I honestly think that old love/crush returning and still loving MC has been done too many times so that's one scenario I wouldn't like to see.

Odin73

Feb 16, 2020
I have 2 options I can think of is that MC lost love might be Scarface, AKA Sasha as they claimed it is confirmed. First option is that she involved in bad accident and cant remember anything not everything, repeat, anything not everything. MC not really pay attention to her so will see how the story go on. Second option is that she was kidnap by high rank cartel or gang. Now she go name as Sasha as they said. Anything can be interesting and am hoping that Dev will bring the story of what happen to Summer in future.

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
I have 2 options I can think of is that MC lost love might be Scarface, AKA Sasha as they claimed it is confirmed. First option is that she involved in bad accident and cant remember anything not everything, repeat, anything not everything. MC not really pay attention to her so will see how the story go on. Second option is that she was kidnap by high rank cartel or gang. Now she go name as Sasha as they said. Anything can be interesting and am hoping that Dev will bring the story of what happen to Summer in future.
Now that you mention it, it could totally be amnesia. Now that would be the most soap opera explanation. Man loses his childhood love. He finds her again... but she doesn't remember him! Now, can he win the heart of his long lost love a second time? I'm pretty sure this exact plot has been done numerous times in soap operas and romcoms/romantic dramas.

• Red Heart
Reactions: offset8 and Odin73

Odin73

Feb 16, 2020
Now that you mention it, it could totally be amnesia. Now that would be the most soap opera explanation. Man loses his childhood love. He finds her again... but she doesn't remember him! Now, can he win the heart of his long lost love a second time? I'm pretty sure this exact plot has been done numerous times in soap operas and romcoms/romantic dramas.
Yes Yes, it is going be interesting. I have to admitted that I watch some soap opera, General Hospital during high school year because my mom forced me to share TV when I had nintendo at that time lol. But again, this will be interesting story. I played several different adult time and so far Summer's gone and A.o.A Academy are very sensitive adult novel but the story is great. it got my attention.

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes