Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Sure, but that doesn't change anything.
It's a western university setting.
Everyone speaks English as a first language, almost everyone has western names with western spellings, metric seems to be the standard and the drinking age seems to be 18, so that narrows down the setting.
Do you remember their high school's name? That narrows it down even more.
I didn't miss anything.

"western" doesn't mean only the USA.
In fact, I'm from an English speaking, metric using, sub-21 drinking age western country with world-class universities.
Perfect, being from an English-speaking, metric-using, sub-21 drinking age, Western country with world-class universities, you already knew that the setting was obviously not a Western setting and clearly a fictional setting created by the dev.

See? We were arguing over nothing!

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
No worries, didn't feel any aggressiveness there. As for the thing with Mila, I understand both sides: Mila went from somebody who smokes cause they feel like it to somebody who avoids it cause she's thinking in her future plans long term. As for how Ocean worded it though, I personally didn't feel like he was inappropriate... but then again my fiance is German, maybe I'm just immune to how they say things sometimes. :KEK:
It makes no difference to me whether a person smokes or not. There is some kind of anti-smoking campaign going on in Germany, since Ocean got scared and removed cigarettes from the game?:)

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Have you ever been to a Western university? Nothing in this story resembles a Western university in any way. Nothing.
Nothing? Invalid point, it's your opinion and hyperbole at that. I attended a western, non-U.S. university and can relate to many university/college things from the game.
Yes! Absolutely! Like you, I have no problems relating to any of the claims in the story despite none of those things being present in any of the universities I attended, or in any North American university for that matter. Many of the things described in the story DO fit Eastern university ops, and specifically Germany. There are some liberties taken.

Then there is the cost of a driver's license. Costs almost nothing in most U.S. states and territories. There are some states that require formal schools before application. That certainly raises the cost. However, in European countries and in several Eastern countries I've lived in, it is quite expensive and usually can't be done until the age of 18 to 21.
All your point proves is that the SG universe is an amalgam of western cultures. There are Western countries where you have to take a series of costly and mandatory driving lessons before you can sit your license (which itself is not expensive) and it can be done at 15-16.
Thank you, once more. That is exactly my point.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Then there is not having a driver's license because it's expensive ... really? Maybe in some weird shithole country, but then the story is set in a western country where a driver's license costs next to nothing.
You blame Ocena for not knowing how university looks, well...
Looks like your have clealry no understanding about the driving licences and the cost of it in europe or specially germany.

A proper driving education costs nothing?
Maybe in the states, where a blind and deaf monkey who is barlely able to manage the two pedals can train a other "qualified" person. And we don'T even talk about the third needed pedal...

Here in germany the cost for a drving licence class B can easy go into 3000€ - in Berlin.

Just a little overview about the classes ...

1699083981061.png

You have to go through the complete damn precess again if you want the license for a other class.

Fresh numbers from germany.

Source:

Current information and costs of the class B driving licence at a glance 2023
What are the driving licence costs?

First things first: there is no exact price for a category B driving licence. Driving schools are not subject to a scale of fees. This means that each driving school is allowed to set its own prices for the driving licence. However, they are obliged by law to ensure both price clarity and the so-called price truth. Driving schools must therefore state a fixed price for the services they offer, such as theory lessons, driving lessons and exams, make these prices publicly available - and also adhere to these prices.

All driving licence costs at a glance
Thanks to this law, learner drivers can find out about the prices and costs of driving schools in their area and compare them before applying.

• Twelve special trips: learner drivers must practice driving four times on the motorway, five times overland and three times at night for 45 minutes each. These driving lessons are compulsory. The costs range from 65 euros to 95 euros depending on the region, federal state and driving school.
    • Additional practice sessions of 45 minutes each: This is where general driving is practised. The number required depends on personal talent and ultimately makes the biggest difference to the total cost of the driving licence. The cost per hour is often between 55 euros and 75 euros.
    • Basic amount: These are the costs for the administration as well as the theoretical lessons. This is currently between 400 euros and 600 euros.
    • Learning materials: Online access to driving licence apps, books and online media is required for the theory test. The costs are between 60 and 80 euros.
    • Exam costs: Fee for the presentation for the theory test (Tüv/Dekra): For a category B driving licence, the theory test costs 22.49 euros.
    • Test costs: Fee for the presentation for the practical test (Tüv/Dekra): This fee differs according to the respective driving licence category; for category B driving licences, the cost of the practical driving test 2021 is 116.93 euros. Previously, the test cost 91.75 euros. Not only the costs of the test organisation are incurred here, the driving schools also charge for this service. On average, these costs for the theory test are between €50 and €100. The costs for the presentation for the practical test are around 150 to 250 euros. Here too, the prices depend on the driving school, the federal state and the region.

• Additional costs for the application to the road traffic authority:
    • Eye test: According to the law, this must cost 6.43 euros and is offered at every optician.
    • First aid course "Life-saving immediate measures at the scene of an accident": Price between 14.50 euros and 40 euros.
    • Passport photos: Price around five to ten euros.
    • Driving licence application from the road traffic authority: 40 euros to 70 euros, depending on the authority.

Last edited:

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Looks like your have clealry no understanding about the driving licences and the cost of it in europe or specially germany.

Maybe in the states, where a blind and deaf monkey who is barlely able to manage the two pedals can train a other "qualified" person. And we don'T even talk about the third needed pedal...

Here in germany the cost for a drving licence class B can easy go into 3000€ - in Berlin.

View attachment 3059926

You have to go through the complete damn precess again if you want the license for a other class.

Source:

First things first: there is no exact price for a category B driving licence. Driving schools are not subject to a scale of fees. This means that each driving school is allowed to set its own prices for the driving licence. However, they are obliged by law to ensure both price clarity and the so-called price truth. Driving schools must therefore state a fixed price for the services they offer, such as theory lessons, driving lessons and exams, make these prices publicly available - and also adhere to these prices.

Thanks to this law, learner drivers can find out about the prices and costs of driving schools in their area and compare them before applying.

• Twelve special trips: learner drivers must practice driving four times on the motorway, five times overland and three times at night for 45 minutes each. These driving lessons are compulsory. The costs range from 65 euros to 95 euros depending on the region, federal state and driving school.
    • Additional practice sessions of 45 minutes each: This is where general driving is practised. The number required depends on personal talent and ultimately makes the biggest difference to the total cost of the driving licence. The cost per hour is often between 55 euros and 75 euros.
    • Basic amount: These are the costs for the administration as well as the theoretical lessons. This is currently between 400 euros and 600 euros.
    • Learning materials: Online access to driving licence apps, books and online media is required for the theory test. The costs are between 60 and 80 euros.
    • Exam costs: Fee for the presentation for the theory test (Tüv/Dekra): For a category B driving licence, the theory test costs 22.49 euros.
    • Test costs: Fee for the presentation for the practical test (Tüv/Dekra): This fee differs according to the respective driving licence category; for category B driving licences, the cost of the practical driving test 2021 is 116.93 euros. Previously, the test cost 91.75 euros. Not only the costs of the test organisation are incurred here, the driving schools also charge for this service. On average, these costs for the theory test are between €50 and €100. The costs for the presentation for the practical test are around 150 to 250 euros. Here too, the prices depend on the driving school, the federal state and the region.

• Eye test: According to the law, this must cost 6.43 euros and is offered at every optician.
    • First aid course "Life-saving immediate measures at the scene of an accident": Price between 14.50 euros and 40 euros.
    • Driving licence application from the road traffic authority: 40 euros to 70 euros, depending on the authority.
Guess there's less of a challenge in the US when the goal is to drive an automatic at a maximum of 112 km/h in whichever damn lane you please. :BootyTime:

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Yes! Absolutely! Like you, I have no problems relating to any of the claims in the story despite none of those things being present in any of the universities I attended, or in any North American university for that matter. Many of the things described in the story DO fit Eastern university ops, and specifically Germany. There are some liberties taken.

Thank you, once more. That is exactly my point.
:)

I should clarify I attended a Western, non-American AND non-European university. SG's portrayal of university/college so far has several elements I recognize and am familiar with and several I am not familiar with. Therefore, I would never say SG's portrayal of university/college has NOTHING... etc.

"That is exactly my point" - I assume you mean the SG universe being an amalgam of several western cultures.

...and I apologize to you, Nurikabe, because I also mistook you for the original poster, Content_Consumer, who seems to have an issue with SG not treating English-speaking, western culture as SOLELY American culture:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Guess there's less of a challenge in the US when the goal is to drive an automatic at a maximum of 112 km/h in whichever damn lane you please. :BootyTime:

In regards to the SG universe being based on a real culture, my point was that it strongly resembled German and Eastern countries. Not that it came from any single culture. I think Ocean tries to make his games more universal and easier to accept regardless of where we live.

Yossa, later posted the words from Ocean himself describing his take on the SG setting.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020

View attachment 3059926

Source:

What surprises me the most is the final conclusion of the post.
[...] This does not deserve the 4.5 star rating it has.
It's really weird how different people look at the same things and what they consider important and what they don't.
Yeah, indeed, it is the authenticity of the depiction of the details and rules of college life in a fictional world which though has many similar traits to the Western countries, the accuracy of driving license prices, and the use of the correct measurement system for the temperature; this is the reasons why people give the game a high or low rating.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Whether or not ch.5full=season1,and then season 2?
CH 5 Full completes Season 1 (which is CH 1 - CH 5 Full).

And - Ocean has already started making renders for Season 2's initial chapter.

This from Ocean's latest dev log (Nov 1st, 2023):

The current render count is:

S2-CH1 = 190 stills + 55 seconds of animations. (I did quite a few animations already.)

CH2 rework = 225 stills.

So, while I'll finish the last part of the rework, I'm also working on Season 2.

I appreciate that Ocean has decided to share future work efforts (Season 2) while he is working on completing CH 5 Full.

This is a recent change to the level of information he provides in his dev logs.

Cheers!! :coffee:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
No one knows at this point but you have to think of it from the angle Ocean has talked about - his intention is for things to happen in the background, including other characters talking to each other. So if you're flirting with Jenna, and then she walks away and then you're holding Anna's hand, all these women are seeing this, and they all know each other and talk to each other (this book club is essentially a hen house full of gossiping women). So is it gonna get back to Amber that you're flirting with all these women at the book club? Probably. Will it affect anything on her route so early? This is unknowable at this point. Maybe Ocean will write the route to be forgiving if you commit to her later, or maybe it won't. We'll just have to wait and see.
I told Jenna I wasn't interested in her, and then I refused to hold Anna's hand for exactly the reason mentioned above.

Guaranteed later on too if you're on a route with Amber, gotta keep in mind, her sister works at the school so if you're fucking around at the school, she's probably going to hear / see / find out and tell Amber. We all will have to be mindful of these things as we play.
I think Amber is quite aware of how the MC is interacting with the other MILFs, but for now, I believe it is in the context of his impact on the plans she and Noji have re: the book club.

Here is some of what I see playing out with Amber, near term:

I actually think the MC playing on the interest of multiple MILFs during the book club get together will become part of their discussion during the next therapy session, as will any growth in his relationship with Bella.

When the MC shares that he intends to attend future book club meetings to sway things in Noji's favor, this will intrigue Amber (who was almost pedantic in her assessment of the book, like she is playing a role far less lively than what she has shown the MC when he has visited her house).

If the MC asks Amber for her help on how to best play the other MILFs at the book club (I could see Amber's eyes widen as she accepts that he is acknowledging her as a MILF while they both know he cannot fulfill the F part of MILF at this time), I think she will agree to help. I'd see them teaming up to help Noji, all while Amber is deciding how much to share with the MC, and curious just how much he picked up during his first book club visit.

I think Amber greatly values a sharp mind and the MC will impress her with his insights and ability to 'read a room' so quickly.

Re: Bella - I believe that Amber will acknowledge the wisdom of the MC and Bella decision to continue their relationship - see where it will go, but without exclusivity at this time.

I think, based on both the MC's honesty about his desire to be able to be intimate with Bella and the frustration at his current inability to function normally for a man in his late teens, Amber will push for the cabin visit sooner than later. Given her relationship with Marla, I can see this happening as soon as middle of the next week - an approved school absence (although the timing is, OC, my conjecture ... and my desire to see Just how close Amber and the MC get during that Long day spent together).

I believe that the MC needs to be on the Bella path for there to be a future path with Amber.

I have no idea how the MC threads the needle to get off the Bella path and get on the Amber path without causing major issues between Bella and Amber (and I don't see Amber allowing this to happen - a true breakdown in her relationship with Bella - given that she has already 'lost' one daughter).

We may get some hints in the first chapter of Season 2 as the MC and Bella will be working on their project (if they continue to work on it in Bella's room) and I could easily see the MC and Amber chatting briefly about the book club/having a friendly catching up prior to the next therapy visit (Monday/Tuesday coming up?).

Amber is a very observant woman and I'm curious what she says to the MC, knowing that he is a very large pebble thrown into the pond that is the still waters of Bella's heart. I'm certain Amber has noticed the ripples.

It is hard to go wrong when the MC gets to see both Bella and Amber in a given chapter!

Cheers!! :coffee:

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
I see the Dev still doesn't know anything about university.
He's written and rendered the whole thing like it's high school 2.0.

Oh no two students had sex? Quick call the president!
NEWS AT SIX! Students in university allegedly had sex!

Also even the idea that a midget would have any chance to get into a D1 basketball team is hilarious, as is the idea that a roid junkie wouldn't get tested out nearly immediately.

I think even in the "school" bathroom scene one of the women said something about leaving before they get detention.
Detention? Really? In uni?
How are you going to put adults into detention?

There are so many more examples [like being on some sort of sport rotation throughout the year? That's still a high school thing.] just don't write based on source material you have no understanding of.

Then there is not having a driver's license because it's expensive ... really? Maybe in some weird shithole country, but then the story is set in a western country where a driver's license costs next to nothing.
In western countries the government wants people to drive, because driving means buying vehicles, fuel, paying taxes and thus working, which is a net positive for the economy.
They don't want to put stupid barriers, like making the license expensive, in place because that then lifts the average age that people would be driving.

View attachment 3059528
View attachment 3059530

Nami seems to have forgot that earlier she said the temperature in Celsius, when telling Sonya that she should wear less because it was going to be 36C that day.

This does not deserve the 4.5 star rating it has.
You are definitely right about the UNI stuff, but I think the US is the backwards country letting some drunk uncle teach you how to drive. Maybe thats why Americans are the worst drivers in the world.
I live in Israel and we have to take a minimum of 28 lessons, thats about $35 per lesson, plus a theory test and a driving test, both costing money. If you fail in the driving test you have to take another minimum of 28 lessons and take another test.

But the bottom line is, you are right, this does not deserve the 4.5 star rating it has because the game is very average.
Like the times the MC thinks he is a Mosad agent, running around collecting info and spying on people. It's just stupid.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
You are definitely right about the UNI stuff, but I think the US is the backwards country letting some drunk uncle teach you how to drive. Maybe thats why Americans are the worst drivers in the world.
I live in Israel and we have to take a minimum of 28 lessons, thats about $35 per lesson, plus a theory test and a driving test, both costing money. If you fail in the driving test you have to take another minimum of 28 lessons and take another test.

But the bottom line is, you are right, this does not deserve the 4.5 star rating it has because the game is very average.
Like the times the MC thinks he is a Mosad agent, running around collecting info and spying on people. It's just stupid.
Correction, it doesn't deserve 4.5 star rating in your opinion and others who think the same, don't talk like it's a general rule and everyone should think the same because you or someone else said so.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
Correction, it doesn't deserve 4.5 star rating in your opinion and others who think the same, don't talk like it's a general rule and everyone should think the same.
Well yes, since good and bad in terms of gaming is not empirical and can't be measured objectively I thought it goes without saying that IT'S MY OPINION.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
Well yes, since good and bad in terms of gaming is not empirical and can't be measured objectively I thought it goes without saying that IT'S MY OPINION.
Not really, it's important to specify that it's an opinion because there are many users who like to pretend that they hold the eternal truth despite continuing to play a game they don't like, usually this kind of people are just trolls.

Edit: Facepalm someone to tries to teach you something, very mature :HideThePain:

Last edited:

JamesM81

Aug 14, 2022
Not really, it's important to specify that it's an opinion because there are many users who like to pretend that they hold the eternal truth despite continuing to play a game they don't like, usually this kind of people are just trolls.

Edit: Facepalm someone to tries to teach you something, very mature :HideThePain:
Incorrect. 99% of normal people emphasize when they are stating a fact. Therefore anything anyone says should always be taken as an opinion. Don't ever try to teach anyone anything. You fucking suck at it.

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022

Page 3, with more than 60 titles ahead in weighted rating,haters are fueled by some twisted sense of justice
or big fucking entitlement play the game, for free and find it lacking for some reason and fabricate ways to futher hate into the thread or rating it low, as most people dont even rate games they dislike, why have the hassle and losing the time?

anyway this print is from today ->
behind some fetish only titles with staggeting 5.0 rating, is kinda funny.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
Incorrect. 99% of normal people emphasize when they are stating a fact. Therefore anything anyone says should always be taken as an opinion. Don't ever try to teach anyone anything. You fucking suck at it.
I also stated a well known fact, which is not based on personal opinions, you can think otherwise if you like doesn't make it less true.

Unlike you, who just thrown away a baseless assumption, so thanks for your input that i cared so much about :unsure:

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Made a compressed Android port of Summer's Gone Chapter 5 Beta with Scrappy's walkthrough mod.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the ports and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Link: -

4.30 star(s) 503 Votes